Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Philonius posted:

Yeah. So far in the war we've killed or stolen 5 keepstars, 40 fortizars and a few dozen smaller citadels. That's 2+ trillion in structure damage alone.

goonfleet are space bullying the honourable elite pvp forces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

CainFortea posted:

You close jabber?

why?

Also, you can do the same thing in elysium. The confusion it causes is more entertaining than just posting.

Or you can resume a 3 days old conversation where it left off on goonfleet jabber, because no one talks and poo poo stays there for days

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

goonfleet are space bullying the honourable elite pvp forces

really it's mostly their pets, aside from the x47 keepstar

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grrr gons

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I don't really remember how a lot of this stuff works, is there any way to get a huge lumbering ship out to goon-space? I logged off last years ago in a Rattlesnake in a wormhole and when I got back I was in a high-sec station, but I'd like to bring this snake with me. There isn't any high-sec bordering goon space to hop in safely, and I don't remember a way for battleships to teleport. I don't want to slowly amble through low-sec for an hour in a ship that juicy.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheQuietWilds posted:

I don't really remember how a lot of this stuff works, is there any way to get a huge lumbering ship out to goon-space? I logged off last years ago in a Rattlesnake in a wormhole and when I got back I was in a high-sec station, but I'd like to bring this snake with me. There isn't any high-sec bordering goon space to hop in safely, and I don't remember a way for battleships to teleport. I don't want to slowly amble through low-sec for an hour in a ship that juicy.

Teleport that Rattlesnake onto the Jita market, then just buy a new one in Delve.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

the maila keepstar got stolen :laugh:

the aunenenenen keepstar was scooped by its owners, so -2 keepstars from gunboat diplomacy

El Marrow
Jan 21, 2009

Everybody here is just as dead as you.

TheQuietWilds posted:

Much easier to sell all your stuff and just move your pod out; even if it's a LOT of stuff.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

the aunenenenen keepstar was scooped by its owners, so -2 keepstars from gunboat diplomacy

querns works for ivana u heard it here 1st

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
This northen strategy of non super confrontation seems like the best way to end the invasion tbh

No super fights, no need for our supers to be up here, I imagine we pop one or two more keeps and then go home.

Time to look towards the next war.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
other than the two fights has anything even happened this 'war'?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

4th Horseman posted:

This northen strategy of non super confrontation seems like the best way to end the invasion tbh

No super fights, no need for our supers to be up here, I imagine we pop one or two more keeps and then go home.

Time to look towards the next war.

Halfassing the job and declaring mission accomplished has worked out so well in the past after all

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

other than the two fights has anything even happened this 'war'?

theres a daily update thread on reddit

well, every other day sorta thing

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Halfassing the job and declaring mission accomplished has worked out so well in the past after all

what should the alliance do if nc. dont show up to fight

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

4th Horseman posted:

what should the alliance do if nc. dont show up to fight

Burn literally every citadel, ihub, GSC and mobile depot to the ground and transplant their entire rental empire to Goonspace?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
RIP guess it's time to be a Star Citizen™ https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-studio-ccp-games-has-been-acquired-by-pearl-abyss/

quote:

Today, Black Desert Online developer Pearl Abyss announced that it will acquire CCP Games, the creators of popular spaceship MMORPG EVE Online. The deal outlines that CCP Games will continue to operate independently as a developer with studios in Reykjavik, London and Shanghai, while integrating the company’s extensive development and publishing expertise into Pearl Abyss’ operations for all current and future projects.

EVE Online is a space-based, persistent world MMO game, developed by CCP’s Reykjavik studio. The game first launched in 2003 and has since gained recognition for its scale and complexity with regards to player interactions in EVE’s single, shared game world. EVE Online is one of the most critically-acclaimed MMORPG intellectual properties (IPs) in North America and Europe, and one of the most extensive works of science fiction in the world.

Pearl Abyss CEO Robin Jung stated, “We are thrilled to have CCP Games join our team as Black Desert Online continues to branch out globally. CCP is a seasoned publisher with over 15 years of digital distribution experience and know-how. They have done an incredible job of engaging and maintaining their playerbase, which we aim to learn from and hope to integrate natively into Pearl Abyss’ general practices across all our games. I am confident CCP’s reputable IP and expertise in global publishing will help reaffirm our company’s dedication to developing and servicing the world’s best MMORPGs.”

“I have been seriously impressed with what Pearl Abyss has achieved ever since I first visited their website for Black Desert Online and subsequently became an avid player of the game,” said CCP Games CEO Hilmar Veigar Pétursson. “Pearl Abyss is a fast-growing company with lots to offer in terms of technology, capability and vision. I believe our two companies have a lot to learn from each other. We are very excited to join forces with them and achieve great new heights for our companies, our games and – above all – our players.

Birgir Már Ragnarsson of Novator Partners and Chairman of CCP commented, “As lead investor in CCP for over 13 years alongside General Catalyst and NEA, we’ve seen CCP go from being a few dozen people strong to employing hundreds all over the world, with an ever-increasing customer base and multiple titles. CEO Hilmar V. Pétursson and his dedicated team have built a company that Novator and its partners are proud to hand over to Pearl Abyss and we wish them the best of luck in their future ventures.”

Pearl Abyss first launched its open-world MMORPG, Black Desert Online, in Korea in 2014. The game has received critical acclaim for its advanced graphics, seamless world, large-scale castle sieges and action-based combat system. Since Pearl Abyss’ initial public offering in 2017, the company has worked to secure competitive global IPs, such as EVE Online, through strategic investments and M&A activity.

Pearl Abyss saw record-high sales in the first half of 2018, following the launch of Black Desert Mobile in Korea. The company is looking forward to another strong year in 2019 with EVE Online and the upcoming global launch of Black Desert Mobile.

Deutsche Bank is acting as financial advisor to Pearl Abyss, and Kim & Chang is providing legal counsel. The Raine Group is acting as financial advisor to CCP Games, and White & Case LLP and LOGOS are providing legal counsel.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I googled Black Desert Online.

:rip: EVE.

This is their WIKI on black desert online's PVP;

https://wiki.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?title=Karma

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Sep 6, 2018

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

oh loving holy lol EVE is dead, finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If we won the biggest war before the game ended does that mean we won Eve forever?

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Carth Dookie posted:

I googled Black Desert Online.

:rip: EVE.

This is their WIKI on black desert online's PVP;

https://wiki.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?title=Karma

It's all way worse than you think. BDO is a pay-to-win fiesta.

Imagine buying a cash-shop only cloaking device that also hides you from local. BDO has that, $40 and it's yours.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Philonius posted:

Imagine buying a cash-shop only cloaking device that also hides you from local. BDO has that, $40 and it's yours.

pfhahahahahaha.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I quit around the time jump fatigue came out, not that I ever had a capital pilot other than a suitcase carrier. What with that and and dockable super capitals, isn't the next step in power projection to build a staging area with a second super fleet in the north with all this mining money? Seems even dumber than it used to be...

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

jiggerypokery posted:

I quit around the time jump fatigue came out, not that I ever had a capital pilot other than a suitcase carrier. What with that and and dockable super capitals, isn't the next step in power projection to build a staging area with a second super fleet in the north with all this mining money? Seems even dumber than it used to be...

We're doing something similar right now. Our armor supers are in the north, fighting the war. Shield supers are back in Delve, protecting the home front.

Ripperljohn
May 13, 2014

Philonius posted:

Finally we'll be able to buy the WoT-Style gold ammo we all deserve

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Icelandic government needs to intervene.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

yogizh posted:

Icelandic government needs to intervene.

In 2017 Icelands GDP was 25 billion dollars, and CCP's revenue was 86 million. So EVE online is 0.34% of Iceland's entire economy.

Throc Mortin
Oct 15, 2006

Philonius posted:

What a time to be alive. ETA for $100 system-wide decloaker?

Throc Mortin fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 6, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hi I just heard the wonderful news that the Koreans bought your spaceship game.

:laffo:

Well it was probably that or Tencent / Perfect World. What would you have preferred?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Welp, I guess it's time to start spending my isk. Its all going to be worthless soon, people are going to need "premium coins" or whatever to play EVE now.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Throc Mortin posted:

What a time to be alive. ETA for $100 system-wide decloaker?

$200 for an invulnerability module for highsec.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

School Nickname posted:

$200 for an invulnerability module for highsec.

More like spend $200 for a chance to play an RNG game for some kind of upgrade, which degrades if you lose the RNG game.

Swipe your credit card for more attempts at the upgrade game. A slightly pleasing sound will play when you win which is absolutely nothing akin to reinforcing slot machine gambling behavior in addicts.

Also since this game is a perma lose your poo poo when you die game then :v:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
In a way, this is perfectly in the spirit of EVE. Cold, uncaring, and 100% about getting cash by any means.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

In a way, this is perfectly in the spirit of EVE. Cold, uncaring, and 100% about getting cash by any means.

I usually don't mind the trashing of :ccp: and EVE in general, but in this era of P2W i think :ccp: actually did quite okay. I can think of a few games that implemented P2W in a worse way

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

I usually don't mind the trashing of :ccp: and EVE in general, but in this era of P2W i think :ccp: actually did quite okay. I can think of a few games that implemented P2W in a worse way

Thats because EVE has always been "Pay-to-lose". No one cares if you can buy a fancy ship for real money, when they real power in EVE comes from having more people in your gang.

I hope the game doesn't turn to poo poo too quickly. I mean obviously the company was purchased so that they can squeeze every last dime from the EVE "whales" before killing the game, but hopefully they are smart enough to do that gradually. I'm certainly not going to be trying to make more isk for nebulous "future activities" any more. I've got 50b+ sitting in the bank, and I intend to blow it all before EVE turns into pure poo poo.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jazzzzz posted:

who the gently caress writes like that and means it
dietitians

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Eve's been on a "Please Buy Me :nyoron:" heading for the last four years. You'd have to be pretty stupid to not see it -- the relentless focus on new revenue streams, increasing player count, and controlling the most controllable cost (labor.) Thing is, that sort of heading is unsustainable. You either get bought or you loving die. Fortunately for the game, they got bought.

That being said, who bought them is pretty distressing. They don't have a great reputation. Still, there's a chance that they can turn things around. I'll take a low chance of goodness over a guaranteed outcome of failure.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

At long last, our dream of being a lowsec superpower has come to pass.

Alas, it may be our last accomplishment before the coming darkness.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Eve's been on a "Please Buy Me :nyoron:" heading for the last four years. You'd have to be pretty stupid to not see it -- the relentless focus on new revenue streams, increasing player count, and controlling the most controllable cost (labor.) Thing is, that sort of heading is unsustainable. You either get bought or you loving die. Fortunately for the game, they got bought.

That being said, who bought them is pretty distressing. They don't have a great reputation. Still, there's a chance that they can turn things around. I'll take a low chance of goodness over a guaranteed outcome of failure.

I've honestly never looked at it this way but you're completely correct in my opinion. You can only trim so much before you begin cutting into the bone (core staff) and muscle (feature/content development). I think EVE has had some pretty gross and unacknowledged missteps in management in the past (Aurum in general), which has been beating the game with the current people in charge. A new board with new ideas might not be a bad thing.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

I've honestly never looked at it this way but you're completely correct in my opinion. You can only trim so much before you begin cutting into the bone (core staff) and muscle (feature/content development). I think EVE has had some pretty gross and unacknowledged missteps in management in the past (Aurum in general), which has been beating the game with the current people in charge. A new board with new ideas might not be a bad thing.

Maybe.. but not that board. Honestly, the only way they could have done worse, is if they sold to EA instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Dumb question... since :ccp: decided to kill EVE, and our gf forum accounts are linked with our characters in corp, does that mean we lose the forum once EVE dies? :ohdear:

*edit: And jabber?