Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

TotalLossBrain posted:

I lost it at Real@MrsStiff

the real prefix ensures theyre not fake accounts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Krankenstyle posted:

the real prefix ensures theyre not fake accounts

yet more fake nudes

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

This is part of my morning routine now

https://twitter.com/RMMac4/status/1037211618923433984
https://twitter.com/MimaAurora7/status/1037304789271564288

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really doubt he bought anyone a house. this is like getting mad at chuck norris on twitter because he won't perform according to one of those lovely jokes.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I honestly can't lol at someone from Puerto Rico that's desperate enough to tweet to Goodbrains. The ones who actually voted for him in flyover states, sure, but PR is well hosed.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

hitchensgoespop posted:

Go to algie's Twitter account and click on media....

That went better than anything i could have predicted

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

A lot of these twitter accounts have interesting media if you're into the sun damaged elderly

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

:wtc:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I hate our hellworld so much. Like I genuinely feel sorry for people with mushbrains because it's probably not their fault, but I guess I must just be elitist trash for expecting any one of them to think in a rational, sane way for maybe 5 consecutive seconds.

I honestly cannot understand how so many people can be so staggeringly dumb. I could deal with it if it was a minority of our total population but I seriously feel like sane people are like maybe 1% these days.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Elephant Ambush posted:

I hate our hellworld so much. Like I genuinely feel sorry for people with mushbrains because it's probably not their fault, but I guess I must just be elitist trash for expecting any one of them to think in a rational, sane way for maybe 5 consecutive seconds.

I honestly cannot understand how so many people can be so staggeringly dumb. I could deal with it if it was a minority of our total population but I seriously feel like sane people are like maybe 1% these days.

It's just the bell curve combined with the eroding of critical thought from public education plus tetraethyllead plus primate tribalism.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elephant Ambush posted:

reminder that trump lost the popular vote and there's some retarded number out there where 60% of the senate is elected by 20% of the population. These people are in the minority but everything is so gerrymandered and stacked against actual voting that poo poo's hosed

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
in about 20 years half the US population will be living in 8 states

Eight states will have just under half of the total population of the country, 49.5 percent, according to the Weldon Cooper Center’s estimate. The next eight most populous states will account for an additional fifth of the population, up to 69.2 percent — meaning that the 16 most populous states will be home to about 70 percent of Americans.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

WeAreTheRomans posted:

It's just the bell curve combined with the eroding of critical thought from public education plus tetraethyllead plus primate tribalism.

Critical thinking was never really part of public education. Since the beginning it has been mostly about memorization and drills. What most people consider "critical thinking" is only part of college level liberal arts courses.

If you want to understand why people act the way they do, think about how you get to work everyday. You do it so often that you sort of do it on autopilot. That is how most people spend most of their day; on autopilot.

And when Trump came along and snapped them out of their slumber, they filled that empty suit with their everyday mundane dreams. No highfalutin ideas to fix the systemic problems of society. Just simple things, like "pay my mortgage", "reopen the local factory", "get medical care for my wife".

Simple solutions to their simple problems, so they can go back to living on autopilot.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

Critical thinking was never really part of public education. Since the beginning it has been mostly about memorization and drills. What most people consider "critical thinking" is only part of college level liberal arts courses.

If you want to understand why people act the way they do, think about how you get to work everyday. You do it so often that you sort of do it on autopilot. That is how most people spend most of their day; on autopilot.

And when Trump came along and snapped them out of their slumber, they filled that empty suit with their everyday mundane dreams. No highfalutin ideas to fix the systemic problems of society. Just simple things, like "pay my mortgage", "reopen the local factory", "get medical care for my wife".

Simple solutions to their simple problems, so they can go back to living on autopilot.

It was certainly more of an aspect of public ed prior to NCLB. Coincidentally arts/shop/clubs were all casualties of NCLB and its impact on funding.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

it's really disgusting how texas textbooks became even more of a controlling factor of the nation's education post NCLB too

cnut
May 3, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

in about 20 years half the US population will be living in 8 states

Eight states will have just under half of the total population of the country, 49.5 percent, according to the Weldon Cooper Center’s estimate. The next eight most populous states will account for an additional fifth of the population, up to 69.2 percent — meaning that the 16 most populous states will be home to about 70 percent of Americans.

Abolish the Senate, imo.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

it's really disgusting how texas textbooks became even more of a controlling factor of the nation's education post NCLB too

This is especially frustrating.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
I've never actually encountered those text books in the wild, is there any article or whatever showing exactly where in the country they're in use?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grape posted:

I've never actually encountered those text books in the wild, is there any article or whatever showing exactly where in the country they're in use?

I used to work part time at a college textbook place and would get people bringing them in to sell (and promptly donate because nobody is buying) and whoooooo boy

the ACE ones are the best, they range from "normal Algebra textbook with weird bible thumping intro and nothing else changed" to "scientists say nobody knows where electricity comes from, but it's probably god's love made manifest"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

they were a lot more fun to burn through and laugh at with coworkers in the downtime than like, Roosh V books, which were basically a pathetic dude rambling and then all of a sudden he describes graphically raping someone without ever realizing that what he did was rape

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

they were a lot more fun to burn through and laugh at with coworkers in the downtime than like, Roosh V books, which were basically a pathetic dude rambling and then all of a sudden he describes graphically raping someone without ever realizing that what he did was rape
You just described Art of the Deal

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

You just described Art of the Deal

we had lots of people come in to sell that too lmao, eventually we said we'd buy it for a penny only to turn around and sell it on the discount lovely books cart for $1

ART OF THE DEAL BABY

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Grape posted:

texas and other shitholes. i never even saw them in louisiana but tbf that was before the charters took over there

because it turns out that there are even larger states like california who also dictate the market. it's p regional

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/BradshawBooker/status/1037635849670811649?s=19

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think i'm in love

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/dawn8_dawn/status/1037680208978034688

https://twitter.com/teriwalker8043/status/1037670845739683840

https://twitter.com/LuizaBrown2/status/1037668866334318592

https://twitter.com/B89542936/status/1037668310001709056

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/GoldenNChrg/status/1037529613927370752

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

If he shares ALL of Trump's sentiments he should know that the poor are worthless, and he should throw himself into the sea

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

This is absolutely something she saw some billionaire do in a movie or something and her brain turned it into something Trump did IRL

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Why are people this dumb? why do they think a man who has stolen from charities all his life would donate to them?

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.

Heath posted:

This is absolutely something she saw some billionaire do in a movie or something and her brain turned it into something Trump did IRL

This kind of poo poo was all over Facebook during the election. A family member told me he let a homeless woman live in Trump tower rent free who he met when she was panhandling. I had to explain someone who lived in a solid gold apartment in a tower with his name on it was not some kind of Jesus figure.

yorkinshire has issued a correction as of 15:34 on Sep 6, 2018

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

AkumaHokoru posted:

Why are people this dumb? why do they think a man who has stolen from charities all his life would donate to them?

Yes but him stealing from his charities was fake news, Trump told them so.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
the thing about the mortgage payment for changing a flat tire of his limo is old as gently caress, it's from a 15 year old chain letter i think? might be even older. i read it ages ago

e: oh wow it's actually from the nineties: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trumped-up/

Suspicious has issued a correction as of 16:38 on Sep 6, 2018

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

got any sevens posted:

besides, real power comes from bodies in the streets

And the far left wonders why liberals make all the policy decisions.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Suspicious posted:

the thing about the mortgage payment for changing a flat tire of his limo is old as gently caress, it's from a 15 year old chain letter i think? might be even older. i read it ages ago

e: oh wow it's actually from the nineties: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trumped-up/

lmao how is this story perpetuating? is this all chain email poo poo?

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
These days it's all shared on Facebook, but it's the same principle.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Edit: Wait no satire site, drat.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
No joke, once in an argument on Breitbart, a guy asked me to disprove some lie Trump had said. I presented the Snopes page describing Trump's lie. I got bombarded by "Snopes is fake news" by at least 20 people.

So basically, don't bother.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

No joke, once in an argument on Breitbart, a guy asked me to disprove some lie Trump had said. I presented the Snopes page describing Trump's lie. I got bombarded by "Snopes is fake news" by at least 20 people.

So basically, don't bother.

yeah don't try, just tell them to eat poo poo and that you believe in "feels over reals" so can exist in the real world, a concept they wouldn't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

And the far left wonders why liberals make all the policy decisions.

money mostly.