Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

on one hand, tragedy and misery

on the other hand, jpop primal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

also a trial i might get to use the tank limit break in again, its been too long

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

K. Flaps posted:

I'd rather join the Fatal Frame crew.

have you considered the Final Fight crew

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

I'd rather join the Fatal Frame crew.

one day you're gonna come back and were gonna game

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

This is only for FF crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWFu5LTEgNM

but the new patch is gonna be whew

it seems

I really need to resub but I also need to server transfer to a EU server when I do and then catch up on a year's worth of patches since 4.0. :(

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

I really need to resub but I also need to server transfer to a EU server when I do and then catch up on a year's worth of patches since 4.0. :(

The stormblood patch set is about as cool as itt gets and has a moment I would call the most surprising mechanic moment in game so far.

Also the domain reclamation where you do a story of helping the domains rebuild their ruined city, that's fun.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

klapman posted:

Zwolle even sounds like a generic fantasy town, so it's easy to put in a twist that it was actually a time travel story all along. Okay now it's a fantasy story, but one of those that just doesn't have any cool monsters in it. I'll make up kingdom names like Fatask, or Pokli. This'll be a fun joke to take slightly too far and end up rich off of.
but for that twist you'd have to do research or something https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Netherlands#The_Frisians

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

The stormblood patch set is about as cool as itt gets and has a moment I would call the most surprising mechanic moment in game so far.

Also the domain reclamation where you do a story of helping the domains rebuild their ruined city, that's fun.

Yeah everything I've seen/heard about the patches has been good, and they made WAR not suck rear end to play in 4.2ish apparently, so the only reason I haven't come back yet is inertia and not wanting to sink another million hours into FF14 right this second since I have other stuff to do/play.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I have to get up reaaal early tomorrow. I wish I was anywhere near as tired this evening as I was all day at work...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dzhay posted:

I have to get up reaaal early tomorrow. I wish I was anywhere near as tired this evening as I was all day at work...
Those suck. Especially if tomorrow was one of your days off. :ohdear:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

This is not the TitS that I remember...

Dzhay posted:

I can relate.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah everything I've seen/heard about the patches has been good, and they made WAR not suck rear end to play in 4.2ish apparently, so the only reason I haven't come back yet is inertia and not wanting to sink another million hours into FF14 right this second since I have other stuff to do/play.

I'd say war never sucked, but now war is the unstoppable bestest tank into he world even tho it's the simplest

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Did you like fell cleaves? Now you do them infinitely and with guaranteed crit for a short period of time and out damage every dps as the tank.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

DoubleDonut posted:

have you considered the Final Fight crew

30 year old boomer crew.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath posted:

one day you're gonna come back and were gonna game

Oh I'm going to game alright. Game my heart out with the brand new Battlefield V© open beta!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Oh I'm going to game alright. Game my heart out with the brand new Battlefield V© open beta!

Hell yeah

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Challenge for mod: what is to be done with goblin slayer

Its gonna come up more when that adaption starts airing too

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Is that the horrible rape manga?

We could all just unanimously decide to never talk about it, and be better off that way.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

I'd say war never sucked, but now war is the unstoppable bestest tank into he world even tho it's the simplest

It sucked to play when they launched 4.0 because of the stance swap gauge cost and the weird non-aligned cooldowns and the capstone trait that did literally nothing, so you had a weird bad 3mn rotation where you got punished hard for dropping a single cast, which paired super well with them doubling my ping from 80ms to 160ms with the server move. I don't really care if the numbers were still there in 4.0, it just wasn't an enjoyable class to play, for me. :(

I looked at the 4.1 and 4.2 patch notes and it looked like they fixed all those problems (stance swap was made free in 4.1, 4.2 fixed the misaligned cooldowns and the useless capstone) so I'm hoping I'll find WAR fun to play again when I resub because this

Sharkopath posted:

Did you like fell cleaves? Now you do them infinitely and with guaranteed crit for a short period of time and out damage every dps as the tank.
is the WAR dream and I'm glad it's real now. Thank you YoshiP for delivering on the promised infinite fell cleaves.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 6, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't think a verdict needs to be made specifically on it. the times it comes up in threads, 98% of the posters make it clear they hate it or haven't read it and have no intention to and that shuts down discussion well enough. the anime is an unknown entity but may be tamer than the manga, and again it's a situation where the community can choose to shut down discussion. if enough people are into it they can split off into a thread so people don't have to be subject to it.

i feel like something similar happened this season when that slave show got shut down in the season thread and it hasn't come back up or even gotten its own thread, so the ideal outcome can occur naturally

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkopath posted:

Challenge for mod: what is to be done with goblin slayer

Its gonna come up more when that adaption starts airing too

a cartoon duck posted:

Is that the horrible rape manga?

We could all just unanimously decide to never talk about it, and be better off that way.
I don't think any regulars in the sub-forum has expressed any sort of interest for it.

dogsicle posted:

i don't think a verdict needs to be made specifically on it. the times it comes up in threads, 98% of the posters make it clear they hate it or haven't read it and have no intention to and that shuts down discussion well enough. the anime is an unknown entity but may be tamer than the manga, and again it's a situation where the community can choose to shut down discussion. if enough people are into it they can split off into a thread so people don't have to be subject to it.

i feel like something similar happened this season when that slave show got shut down in the season thread and it hasn't come back up or even gotten its own thread, so the ideal outcome can occur naturally
This seems like the most natural course of action.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If I cant push the mod to totalitarianism in an attempt to destabilize the forums what can I do??

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://my.mixtape.moe/qlaeay.webm

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkopath posted:

If I cant push the mod to totalitarianism in an attempt to destabilize the forums what can I do??
A gang-tag that's off the hook?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

No.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I never liked big avs and them

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkopath posted:

I never liked big avs and them
Hell, :same:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

I like HUcaseals because the face they have in the art makes them look like a cool ninja robot lady

this but RAcaseals

what's a RAcaseal?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

this but RAcaseals

what's a RAcaseal?

Racaseals are robot maid snipers

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Do NOT page droyer.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
hm. i really like their art but playing snipers in pve games sucks. pvp games too but pve games more so.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

hm. i really like their art but playing snipers in pve games sucks. pvp games too but pve games more so.

They also do smgs and pistols and grenade launchers

But the big rifle is the classic ranger gun ino

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Pso2 added assault rifles but we talking 1 here

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Do NOT page droyer.

Too late

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
oh yeah that's what i played in PSO2 when I played PSO2 very briefly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVlo2INui1M

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

hi dumb question, does anyone have a link to the black lagoon thread in the archives? Been searching for a bit but haven't been able to find it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Perfect Blue is playing in American theaters tonight, for remember If you still want to see.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

hi dumb question, does anyone have a link to the black lagoon thread in the archives? Been searching for a bit but haven't been able to find it.

there are many, so you might have to poke around

ADTRW: 2008-08-09 00:00:00 [Vaerai Archon] So is Black Lagoon:Second Barrage worth watching? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2926497
2008-01-22 00:00:00 [sakesniper] Black Lagoon Manga: Mobsters, Maids, and Mercenaries http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2748906
2007-09-07 00:00:00 [Scoobi] Black Lagoon - DVD Discussion http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2617898
2006-10-06 00:00:00 [sakesniper] Black Lagoon Season 2: More Hot Mecrenary and Crime Syndicate Action http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2105791
2006-03-04 00:00:00 [Kaji] The Baddest Motherfuckers in the Asian Sea, Black Lagoon http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1816393
2005-10-30 00:00:00 [Dache] Black Lagoon - Guns, Violence, Mercinaries & Fun http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1708663
2004-07-18 00:00:00 [Kaji] Black Lagoon, The Baddest Mo Fos in the Asian Sea http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1135227

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Perfect Blue is playing in American theaters tonight, for remember If you still want to see.

Except mine, which decided about halfway throughout the year to show nothing but the Ghibli stuff out of the fathom events calendar.