Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Isn't dril a goon? And a pretty notorious weird twitter guy?

Maybe I missed the joke regarding him in a IoSM thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

cage-free egghead posted:

Isn't dril a goon? And a pretty notorious weird twitter guy?

Maybe I missed the joke regarding him in a IoSM thread.

Data Graham was using the dril quote to illustrate that even though they acknowledged that the chud understood that Kaepernick's protest was about the police and not Are Troops, regardless, "you do not, under any circumstances, 'gotta hand it to [the chuds]'".

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/Shikaboom/status/1037606668648042496?s=20

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Ban gamers.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Just cancel the direct because Nintendo fans will buy their poo poo no matter what and it doesn't really matter

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Ularg posted:

Euthanise gamers.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Len posted:

Nintendo fans will buy their poo poo no matter what

not if you remove the titty and headpats

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What a great and exciting area of expertise!
https://twitter.com/twcalexwallace/status/1037672201464557568?s=21

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My desires are....unconventional

Veotax
May 16, 2006

For those who don't know what a Direct is, it's a prerecorded video that Nintendo puts out occasionally to announce games and stuff about already announced games.

These people are furious that Nintendo is delaying a video.

gently caress gamers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gamers have got to be the most entitled, least deserving people on the planet

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Veotax posted:

For those who don't know what a Direct is, it's a prerecorded video that Nintendo puts out occasionally to announce games and stuff about already announced games.

These people are furious that Nintendo is delaying a video.

gently caress gamers.

So because Nintendo delayed a PR video, Nintendo needs to give out free games?

Do they just ask for free games for every perceived slight like an overwrought soccer player trying to get a flag?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Krispy Wafer posted:

So because Nintendo delayed a PR video BECAUSE OF A NATURAL DISASTER, Nintendo needs to give out free games?

Do they just ask for free games for every perceived slight like an overwrought soccer player trying to get a flag?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

zoux posted:

My desires are....unconventional

This one is really sad and I hope she leaves him :smith:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Us gamers, man. Us gamers.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Krispy Wafer posted:

Yes. Gamers are awful people.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Us gamers, man. Us gamers.

We the Gamers

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://twitter.com/LukePlunkett/status/1037566621206761474

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is it something about games that turn people into irredeemable shitbags or is it that irredeemable shitbags are drawn to gaming

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

zoux posted:

Is it something about games that turn people into irredeemable shitbags or is it that irredeemable shitbags are drawn to gaming
its a hobby you can have without ever leaving your bedroom, so i guess the latter

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zoux posted:

no forum is safe, this weird angry screed was posted in our very own quake thread:

Pomp posted:

phasewalk is the most spiteful thing ever put into an arena shooter, why the gently caress is it instant, why is its only purpose outside of duel to generate blue balls, why does it have to slow duels down to a crawl? it single handedly makes every match its in worse. Does it exist to counteract all the stupid press f to get kills stuff? How many leaders at Saber saw these loving piece of poo poo skills and thought "yes, this is a thing you should definitely be able to do at least once a minute in a skill based, fast paced arena shooter." Is it the same people who give characters passives whose only purpose is the counter themselves? How did they ever get promoted above code slave? How can the low level staff tolerate working under people this clearly incompetent? Why are all the good arena shooters dead? The world sucks. I'm gonna key sponges car

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I like video games, I play video games, and I used to call myself a gamer because that made sense, but now I don't because "gamer" apparently means "I have no other interests or skills do the extent of being a sociopath" so there goes one perfectly good word.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

zoux posted:

Video game marketing broke the brains of a generation. Lack of moderation for early multiplayer games broke brains. The need to tie self worth to the games you play broke brains. Having to defend against legal restrictions on games, and that coveted "Is Art" status broke brains.

Gamers are the most reactionary beings on the planet. I'm only kinda joking about that.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Krispy Wafer posted:

So because Nintendo delayed a PR video, Nintendo needs to give out free games?

Yes they do and that is an appropriate analogy too.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

They arent doing poo poo they are just trying to create a narrative they can point to and say im one of the good trump staffers / appointees and wont get heckled / thrown out of poo poo / made fun of / not dated

Thanks fake grandson im going to unironically use this

snergle has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Sep 6, 2018

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

I like video games, I play video games, and I used to call myself a gamer because that made sense, but now I don't because "gamer" apparently means "I have no other interests or skills do the extent of being a sociopath" so there goes one perfectly good word.

not an empty quote.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Tim Buckley is not the representative that gamers need but it's the one they deserve..

RoboRodent posted:

If clearing weeds doesn't make me a gardener then playing games doesn't make me a gamer is how I reason :v:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

RoboRodent posted:

Same. No matter how much I try video games are my hobby of choice that I spend my money and free time on. Also... trying to make games and stuff. But I've never wanted to be completely done with a concept as gamer as much as I have had felt since Gamergate.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Why would you ever call yourself a gamer? Even if you’re not a pos no one else refers to themselves by their hobby like that.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

EmmyOk posted:

Why would you ever call yourself a gamer? Even if you’re not a pos no one else refers to themselves by their hobby like that.

I am a very boring person.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

EmmyOk posted:

I'm a gamer because I play games.

Don't let assholes redefine a term to mean something it doesn't.

Serf
May 5, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

i had an older coworker notice the d&d mini i have on my desk and ask me if i am a gamer. i struggled with an alternative but finally ended up saying "yes" to my great shame

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

wtf lots of people do. cyclists, runners, trainspotters, like a thousand other ones

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

wtf lots of people do. cyclists, runners, trainspotters, like a thousand other ones

Yeah and they all suck

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Those terms exist but are rarely used self-referentially or nearly as constantly in my experience. People are more likely to say “ I like cycling” or w/e

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

jesus WEP posted:

Yes, and all those people also tend to be people who will be insufferable about their hobby and talk to to you at length about it without prompting. Especially runners.

There's a difference between being someone who enjoys games, and being a gamer.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Cyclists can be just as bad, those guys get crazy.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

jivjov posted:

I'm a gamer because I play games.

Don't let assholes redefine a term to mean something it doesn't.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

Yes, and all those people also tend to be people who will be insufferable about their hobby and talk to to you at length about it without prompting. Especially runners.
okay