Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
Question about the Delicate Flower quest:

I got tired of not having 9 health when doing the Pantheon stuff so I went ahead and completed it (after about 15 careless deaths or so. I left a dream warp by the house to make the retries less tedious). Was I supposed to bring the flower to the Godmaster guy in the Royal Waterways first? Am I locked out of the "good ending" or something

I'm at 109% but still have the King Soul, is there any reason to go do the stuff and lose it or if I beat pantheon 3 can I technically still fight the endboss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you can get more from the grave where you took it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
You get something for taking a flower to that guy?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Just fluff.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The ending you get for beating the final pantheon is slightly different if you brought the godseeker a flower.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Oh piss, one more thing to do in this game I guess.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, it's slightly different in a highly suggestive way that completely changes the meaning of the events.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
I finally beat the white palace, something I thought would be too tough for me and my lovely platform in skills. All I have left are the bosses right? I’m working on fighting NKG but since I beat Grimm by spamming hm I’m not sure it will be doable.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Well, if you're going for best ending, there is one more non-boss thing, whic isn't even hard, but it's a bit hard to find without a guide.

Also, you need to search your soul and ask yourself: have you really completed White Palace?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Ahhh why is this DLC content all so difficult :negative: I just need some free time to practice it all which I failed to do with the long weekend here in the US

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

The nice lady bug is the God Tamer, the big boy is the god she tamed. :colbert:

If she was the God Tamer then the fight would end when you beat her. :colbert:

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I hadn't played in a while and now I'm totally hosed as soon as I start the game up.

why are the crossroads infested? aaaa

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

somebody didn't wash their hands!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

What does it mean that the god tamer is herself a god?

This DLC does raise some interesting questions about godhood. There's some clearly godly beings in the story - the Pale King, the Radiance, possibly Grimm - but this Godseeker business implies it's a title that's earned, not born. And all the bosses are people or creatures on the road to godhood themselves...

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Tenebrais posted:

What does it mean that the god tamer is herself a god?

It means people keeps misreading it as her being a tamer of gods and not a tamer who is a god, a God tamer

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Dancer posted:

Well, if you're going for best ending, there is one more non-boss thing, whic isn't even hard, but it's a bit hard to find without a guide.

Also, you need to search your soul and ask yourself: have you really completed White Palace?

Whats the last thing I need to do? Is it the flower quest?

Also no way im doing path of pain it looks terribly unpleasant

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Massive Moss Charger is a god. Gruzzmother is a god. It doesn’t take too much to qualify apparently

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Jay Carney posted:

Also no way im doing path of pain it looks terribly unpleasant

The thing at the very bottom of the map.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Jay Carney posted:

The White Lady, if you go see her with the Kingsoul posted:

Ahh! So it bears our once-fractured soul, now complete. Such strength, such resolve, such dedication! Is it more than simply a Vessel? I almost feel like I'm once again in the presence of my beloved Wyrm. The Kingsoul... What is at the heart of it I wonder? If its curiosity wills it, it should seek out that place. That place where it was born, where it died, where it began...

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

oh yeah did that! was really cool...gently caress i love this game

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The design of the Pantheon of the Hallownest is getting to me. It's basically a 40 minute penalty you must endure before you get to face the final boss - none of the bosses (except PV to an extent) are actually challenging, they just waste time before the main event.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Oh, hey, I wandered in and managed to beat White Defender and Soul Tyrant just while sort of trying to see if I could. That means I've got the ascended Dream Nail and all the many benefits that this provides.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Has anyone ever proposed that you are the Pale King?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Maybe silly question, but how do I start pantheons? I can do the boss refights fine but I just stare at the locks.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

When you've encountered every boss shown on the door, the pantheon will unlock and let you enter. Pretty much just progress through the game and fight stuff until you can fight them again in a chain.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Just finished this, fantastic game, very much my bag. Did the Radiance ending with 2400 essence and all Dream bosses beaten plus Grimm. Haven't done the Godmaster stuff but I'm a kinda burnt out since I've put 32 hours into it in a little more than a week. I think I can put that aside for now, maybe until that Hornet DLC comes out (which sounds very cool).

Discendo Vox posted:

Has anyone ever proposed that you are the Pale King?

The only thing that might put the kibosh on that is there was a scene where you see the Hollow Knight crawl out of the abyss with the Pale King standing nearby and then shortly afterwards you crawl out without them noticing. The story seems fairly speculative and I'm still digesting it, but I got the impression the Hollow Knight wasn't a perfect solution either because the Pale King didn't know it wouldn't work permanently or he was just out of time and there were no better options. I guess it doesn't explain where you have been this whole time but then again the game doesn't mention how much time has even passed.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
I realized that the thing that bothers me most about Salubra's Blessing is that I can't just plop down on a bench and tinker with my charms. I either have to figure out ahead of time what I want to do, or I have to contemplate while she's floating above moaning on and on and on. I love the character but I would adore an option to turn off the noises she makes. christ.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

boop

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

morcant posted:

I realized that the thing that bothers me most about Salubra's Blessing is that I can't just plop down on a bench and tinker with my charms. I either have to figure out ahead of time what I want to do, or I have to contemplate while she's floating above moaning on and on and on. I love the character but I would adore an option to turn off the noises she makes. christ.

She should disappear when your Soul meter is full and I don't know how that hasn't been patched in yet. It seems like an easy thing to change but I'm not a game dev so :shrug:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

C-Euro posted:

She should disappear when your Soul meter is full and I don't know how that hasn't been patched in yet. It seems like an easy thing to change but I'm not a game dev so :shrug:

That would be a brilliant fix. If they can contact the original voice actor, get them to do a little "hoo-hooh!" vocal flourish at the end as she departs, or something. Like they added voices to Greenpath enemies.

Sadly, I do enough programming at work to know that something that might seem the easiest thing in the world might actually be a tangled mess of forgotten nonsense code, so I won't judge them too harshly if it doesn't get done soon. I just wish I could enjoy the ambiance of Godhome or wherever else, while I figure out what charms I want to wear to this particular boss re-fight, without having to tune out Salubra noises.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
I can barely tolerate listening to her long enough to visit her shop without muting the game.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Smh so hard right now

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

Arrhythmia posted:

Finally I can go ahead and blow out my god drat brains. Holy poo poo what a tense ending to that fight.

:hfive:

BBJoey posted:

The design of the Pantheon of the Hallownest is getting to me. It's basically a 40 minute penalty you must endure before you get to face the final boss - none of the bosses (except PV to an extent) are actually challenging, they just waste time before the main event.

Just beat it, and I have to echo your frustration. 40+ fights, and maybe half a dozen of them meaningfully contribute to the challenge of attrition. My advice would be to practice against Absolute Bullshit in the Hall of Gods until you can beat her reliably, then the next time you run that 40 minute gauntlet you can be sure it will be the last.

Unless you want to access The Land of Storms. Apparently, you need to finish all bindings on all pantheons for that. :shepicide:

While banging my head against that gauntlet earlier, I suddenly remembered the way people used to complain about having to waste two minutes re-fighting The Hollow Knight for every attempt they made at The Radiance. Had they only known...

"Salubra's Blessing talk" posted:

More than the noise, I'm just kind of bummed by its function. By the time you've got all the charms, you're pretty much done exploring, so soul refills at benches aren't particularly exciting.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The kiss is the real reward.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

:hfive:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Team Cherry did an AMA a few months back and it's pretty clear they know exactly how annoying Slaburia's Blessing is and have no interest in disabling it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

YggiDee posted:

Team Cherry did an AMA a few months back and it's pretty clear they know exactly how annoying Slaburia's Blessing is and have no interest in disabling it.

everything i hear about team cherry makes me like them more

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
i like them trolling people who go on and on about the game's ambiance. it's like, lighten up guys there's a chuckling fat slug woman looking after you.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Supposedly the artist is working on a bigger scale Hollow Knight MOC. Looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
What is the easiest of the dream time bosses? I want to defeat at least one so I can get the dream nail expansion; but drat are they hard.