Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ragequit posted:

I'll be honest I love them both, but one is "gee I hope I find a good gun, or any gun for that matter"

Where the other is 100%

Lol that is Broforce.gif for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Manky posted:

Ah, it sounds like you're on the other side of the veil on this, oh well. I think stuff like this from its founding makes it clear, but I think you've made your mind up. https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-message-from-the-resetera-staff.4685/

Just because the staff say they will do something in writing doesn't mean they do it in practice. I've seen tons of bogis probs there.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Manky posted:

Ah, it sounds like you're on the other side of the veil on this, oh well. I think stuff like this from its founding makes it clear, but I think you've made your mind up. https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-message-from-the-resetera-staff.4685/

Yeah - I'm a big fan of "having standards and enforcing them," it's something that SA is inconsistent on but still makes it better than most places.

I don't know. Go too far in the other direction, and you'll eventually reach a point where literally nothing is good enough and everything is sufficient reason for calling it a crime. It happened to GAF up until the Exodus, and it's happening to Resetera too.

How far along the path are you willing to go? Will you go so far that absolutely nothing and no one can conform to the any of the standards set?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Manky posted:

This is the opposite of what happened though, Era was started in reaction and rejection of the gaf thing, and the dregs stuck around and still post on gaf.

They're both still pretty toxic.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The guy who makes threads of increasingly deranged pleas for Dino Crisis sequels moved to ResetEra so the only good thing on NeoGaf is there now

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
resetera is liberal and neogaf is alt-right. thats the basic divide, its self evident from a glance at both

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
liberal to an extreme btw btw. they are both retarded forums

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
and somethingawful is the gaming forum for marxist-leninists.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Guy Goodbody posted:

:yeah: comrade

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gaf is mostly full of alt right types now from what I've seen

resetera is bad too but not in that way so much as it's just hundreds of people with the exact same factory preset gaming opinions. AAA cinematic games are the highest form of the medium, my Switch has been collecting dust since Odyssey, using sales numbers as a measure of game quality, etc.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

Good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

yes

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tales of Woe posted:

gaf is mostly full of alt right types now from what I've seen

my Switch has been collecting dust since Odyssey,

Buy Lumines.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I appreciate the thoughtful replies, I also promise I won't post any more on this derail after this post.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Just because the staff say they will do something in writing doesn't mean they do it in practice. I've seen tons of bogis probs there.
Well sure. That happens any place, and also both ways - here and there, I also see people not take consequences for posts that are cut-and-dried against a forum rule/standard. A bogus probe is also like, a really light slap on the wrist. My one probation here wasn't for any actual rule-breaking, it was just an extremely stupid post that pissed off enough people. I learned from it.

Folt The Bolt posted:

I don't know. Go too far in the other direction, and you'll eventually reach a point where literally nothing is good enough and everything is sufficient reason for calling it a crime. It happened to GAF up until the Exodus, and it's happening to Resetera too.

How far along the path are you willing to go? Will you go so far that absolutely nothing and no one can conform to the any of the standards set?
This argument ad absurdum is really without merit. People try to say this about actual hate speech laws while there are very good reasons to regulate speech and expression. Rejecting the idea of protecting vulnerable communities isn't fighting for anybody's freedom, it's fighting to protect an oppressive status quo where certain groups are on unequal ground and are disproportionately and negatively affected. Who is negatively affected by prohibiting hate speech and known bad behaviors? Only those trying to perform or benefit from them.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah, here can be, too. And every other community on the web I've seen. The effort and steps taken to moderate it matter.

Manky fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 6, 2018

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Lol I threw poop at a monster and it ran away in disgust.

Now I am the monster and this derail is the poop. Oh the irony

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I just find it hilarious that Evillore lost his empire because he couldn't give a non-insane response about how he misread his now ex-girlfriend's mood one night while drunk.

It was the smallest fire in the world to put out, but he just dumped a can of gasoline in it instead.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Standards = no homophobia, racism or sexism, and acceptance of lbg(T) while acknowledging there is no both sides to those issues

Such standards, so non gamer

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't like fighting the Lagombi. It moves so fast, and since you can't get a great sword with green sharpness yet I keep bouncing off it's belly

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Who wants to online co-op some BROOOOOOFOOOOOORCE tonight?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't like fighting the Lagombi. It moves so fast, and since you can't get a great sword with green sharpness yet I keep bouncing off it's belly

Is there not traps and stun balls? If it's like 3u, just roll away but stay close until it finishes it's charges. I think it can slam into walls for stuns too, but not sure.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Folt The Bolt posted:

Will you go so far that absolutely nothing and no one can conform to the any of the standards set?

All I know is that everyone is laughing at them and no amount of explaining or justifying can undo that

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

:great:

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm glad to see other folks are enjoying MHGU. I put 40 hours into 4u but stopped because I was bad and didn't have friends to play with - I was starting to lose hunts to the time limit! Now I have hunting buddies and am getting pretty decent with the horn! MP hunts are super fun but I'm also starting to enjoy solo too, now that I can fairly competently solo monsters. Still low rank village (just hit HR hub) but I'm taking yuan kut ku down in under 5.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Personally, I’d rather post with someone who’s right about bigotry and harassment and wrong about video games than vice versa.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Question about Into the Breach runs:

Do y'all typically stop at 2 islands or do you try and do all 4 before going to the volcano? Or do you see what you have after two islands and decide whether to go to the volcano or not?

I've only had three successful runs, 2 2 island runs at normal and a 4 island run on easy. One of the things I try to consider is what the bosses for each island are and what their psion critter is. The psion that causes enemy units to explode is the bane of my existence, and the scorpion boss that webs people can also wreck my day. If those are still in play after two islands, I almost certainly rush the volcano.

On my 4 island success, I had a mission on the ice island with an explosive psion and I went from max power to one sliver during the course of what was easily my most disastrous battle. The middle of the map was mostly ice and I could not get a handle on things in the beginning so things spiraled out of control.

I like the Blitzkrieg team but the became a liability later on since the lightning chain attack damages friendly units that some missions want me to protect, including the bomb at the end of the game. I spent too much time trying to move people and objects around and couldn't seal the deal.

One last thing: I recommend playing a few matches on Easy. I unlocked three pilots that way and was able to knock out several achievements, which let me open up more teams. I don't know if a pilot is always an option when you perfectly clear an island, but I was getting to the point where I had played several maps without knowing how exactly new pilots were unlocked. Now I've got options!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Manky posted:

I appreciate the thoughtful replies, I also promise I won't post any more on this derail after this post.

Well sure. That happens any place, and also both ways - here and there, I also see people not take consequences for posts that are cut-and-dried against a forum rule/standard. A bogus probe is also like, a really light slap on the wrist. My one probation here wasn't for any actual rule-breaking, it was just an extremely stupid post that pissed off enough people. I learned from it.

This argument ad absurdum is really without merit. People try to say this about actual hate speech laws while there are very good reasons to regulate speech and expression. Rejecting the idea of protecting vulnerable communities isn't fighting for anybody's freedom, it's fighting to protect an oppressive status quo where certain groups are on unequal ground and are disproportionately and negatively affected. Who is negatively affected by prohibiting hate speech and known bad behaviors? Only those trying to perform or benefit from them.

So basically the ones in power at Resetera then.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

scary ghost dog posted:

liberal to an extreme btw btw. they are both retarded forums

the liberalness doesnt affect the gaming side though, unlike alt righters who cant shut up about SJW ruining their video games

i haven't checked the offside that much, but the few times i did i had no problem telling some liberals what i thought of their bad opinions on poltics, i wasnt banned or anything

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 6, 2018

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Had someone ask me if I was playing a Shield yesterday, that was a new one.

Also why do you all want to talk about some poo poo forum full of idiots that has long lost its relevance? We're already here you dummies.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Shut the gently caress up holy poo poo this is the worst derail in all of human history. Why couldn't the earthquake hit wherever the SA servers are located these days.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blitzkreig’s attacks damaging the things you need to protect with no way to turn that off since the upgrade only removes city damage makes them a dumpster grade team.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

LawfulWaffle posted:

I've only had three successful runs, 2 2 island runs at normal and a 4 island run on easy. One of the things I try to consider is what the bosses for each island are and what their psion critter is. The psion that causes enemy units to explode is the bane of my existence, and the scorpion boss that webs people can also wreck my day. If those are still in play after two islands, I almost certainly rush the volcano.

On my 4 island success, I had a mission on the ice island with an explosive psion and I went from max power to one sliver during the course of what was easily my most disastrous battle. The middle of the map was mostly ice and I could not get a handle on things in the beginning so things spiraled out of control.

I like the Blitzkrieg team but the became a liability later on since the lightning chain attack damages friendly units that some missions want me to protect, including the bomb at the end of the game. I spent too much time trying to move people and objects around and couldn't seal the deal.

One last thing: I recommend playing a few matches on Easy. I unlocked three pilots that way and was able to knock out several achievements, which let me open up more teams. I don't know if a pilot is always an option when you perfectly clear an island, but I was getting to the point where I had played several maps without knowing how exactly new pilots were unlocked. Now I've got options!

I guess I need to dial down and try some easy runs, I've been getting bodied on normal and feeling like I'm not progressing at all.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Kurtofan posted:

i haven't checked the offside that much, but the few times i did i had no problem telling some liberals to gently caress off, they're pretty spineless

You're such an internet badass bro

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

KingSlime posted:

You're such an internet badass bro

yeah maybe that wasnt super well phrased

but centrists can be pretty infuriating sometimes

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

American McGay posted:

Shut the gently caress up holy poo poo this is the worst derail in all of human history. Why couldn't the earthquake hit wherever the SA servers are located these days.

please lowtax doesn't need more things to gently caress up his spine

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
a well placed quake might redress it, who knows

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shut up about liberal vs conservative game forums.

Anyway, BROFORCE runs really well on the Switch!!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

American McGay posted:

It actually hit all our hometowns and we're all dead. This is hell

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

the liberalness doesnt affect the gaming side though

It absolutely does.

While I wouldn't say "SJWs" aren't as bad as alt-righters they do seep into gaming discussions.

I got called racist because I liked Civilization and thought it was cool and funny that they kept the glitch that makes Ghandi use nukes all the time.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Weapon degradation in botw sucks and the world is empty and boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Apparently Game Dev Story and Hot Springs Story are getting ported to Switch.

• Locked thread