Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Elephanthead posted:

Interesting 60% of Nikes sales are outside of the USA where the brand is suffering for being American, (shocking I know with president big deals running the show), this solves that while also making the brand stronger amongst the 70% of domestic buyers that are not chuds.

Also nobody is going to say poo poo about Nike dodging taxes and employing slave labor now. You line up on the right side of a social justice issue and you can get away with all sorts of corporate abuse.

It's a smart move for Nike and will sell them more products and give them a free pass on their horror show factories and tax dodging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Not a Children posted:

love to live in a real life dystopia

the fake amazon in sorry to bother you is just ever-so-slightly more escalated than the real thing. the twitter booster shill accounts are pretty fuckin creepy and almost there though lmao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

why does harvard, and now the jewish faith, keep this guy around

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Good, gently caress every one of those planet destroying idiots

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

:toot:

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

*looks in mirror*

Welp, my fate is sealed. Chud it is.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Robert Plant posted:

It sure is something that the Philadelphia Eagles' improbable ascension to Super Bowl champions should finally arrive during the simultaneous death rattles of both the NFL and America itself

They started this curse when they killed that hitchhiking robot.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

zegermans posted:

POW/MIA is based off a racist myth that the crafty Vietnamese who can only cheat at war actually have thousands of still living vets squirreled away, instead of skeletons in punji pits. Basically, Rambo 2.

Dude it’s true. I saw a documentary about it! Chuck Norris was the narrator.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Rabid Snake posted:

What is this from

America

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

zegermans posted:

POW/MIA is based off a racist myth that the crafty Vietnamese who can only cheat at war actually have thousands of still living vets squirreled away, instead of skeletons in punji pits. Basically, Rambo 2.

You have no idea how much a role that movie played in influencing actual policy and legislation back in the 80s, and not just because Reagan was a dottering fool who misremembered his own performance in Prisoner of War as reality.

mormonpartyboat posted:

hahahah remember when nixon invented that poo poo out of whole cloth to make people think that a bunch of dead people were actually prisoners and to give him political leverage

hahahah

Among the many things I found amazing when I was researching this subject for like years was a note he'd handwritten on a memo to Kissinger concerning the Paris Peace Talk, it went something like "I've changed my mind, tell [Ambassador] Habib to talk only about POWs."

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I think POW/MIA is more anti government than anything else, at least among the old vets I've talked to about it. There is a pervasive sense that we just started saying "gently caress the vets" in the late 70s, but really we just started "gently caress all humans that ain't rich" in the late 70s.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

*reviews resume with attached headshot*

you're hired, Mr. Z'Dar

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
we are abandoning our troops!!!!! like such as

*points to some bones lost forever to the jungle, previously owned by a drafted minority troop who died on a nameless hill in an operation to kill as many vietnamese women and children as possible to inflate the enemy body count for a chart to give to macnamara*

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

"daniel dale" is, of course, an anagram for "deal nailed"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm glad

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You have no idea how much a role that movie played in influencing actual policy and legislation back in the 80s, and not just because Reagan was a dottering fool who misremembered his own performance in Prisoner of War as reality.

so like when Nixon bombed Cambodia because he watched Patton and was inspired to be a toughguy goodboy

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

tenderjerk posted:

ive always been puzzled as to why conservatives are against birth control, judicious use greatly diminishes the usage of abortion

it turns out they just don't know how the biology worked to begin with and they're constantly confusing the two :sweatdrop:

It still allows for the fertilized egg to be destroyed, and the moment of conception is when human life begins in their worldview, hence most birth control is abortion and should be banned.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rah! posted:

thank u 4 everything and resisting the MANGO MENACE abuela !

:abuela:

"Soon they will love me"

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

all the administration ppl denying writing the op-ed wrote the op-ed

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

mormonpartyboat posted:

we are abandoning our troops!!!!! like such as

*points to some bones lost forever to the jungle, previously owned by a drafted minority troop who died on a nameless hill in an operation to kill as many vietnamese women and children as possible to inflate the enemy body count for a chart to give to macnamara*

Hey some of them are in petrified tiger poo poo

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Lock HER and Obungler up for obungling america so spectacularly

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

zegermans posted:

so like when Nixon bombed Cambodia because he watched Patton and was inspired to be a toughguy goodboy

lol that movie poisoned an entire generation

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

The Nastier Nate posted:

preventing pregnancy is abortion

if you're reading this instead of loving your wife, your a murderer

What am I if I'm doing both??

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1037785321902157828?s=19

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Reminder that Kavanaugh got nominated by trump because he plastered his dumbass mug all over his webpage and appealed to Trump’s inner wannabe Hollywood exec

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

my headline: “FASH GETS GASH”

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pryor on Fire posted:

I think POW/MIA is more anti government than anything else, at least among the old vets I've talked to about it. There is a pervasive sense that we just started saying "gently caress the vets" in the late 70s, but really we just started "gently caress all humans that ain't rich" in the late 70s.

It absolutely carries within it a deep sense of abandonment by both society and government, particularly after it turned out that surprise! Nixon was just playing them the whole time. Dovetails nicely with the parallel myth about vets being routinely spat on when they returned home from their tours.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Turdfuzz posted:

all the administration ppl denying writing the op-ed wrote the op-ed

It will turn out to have been dictated by trump on air force one

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

zegermans posted:

president trump has got some ideas about what to do with that underground combat tournament jcvd found himself in

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Robert Plant posted:

It sure is something that the Philadelphia Eagles' improbable ascension to Super Bowl champions should finally arrive during the simultaneous death rattles of both the NFL and America itself

I am looking forward to the inevitable riots

win or lose

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

mormonpartyboat posted:

Lastgirl posted:

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ragequit posted:

Good, gently caress every one of those planet destroying idiots

cool i can update my steam wishlist in anticipation of a reasonably-priced video card soon

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/va_shiva/status/1037776404459540480

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

but he was actually good though

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Among the many things I found amazing when I was researching this subject for like years was a note he'd handwritten on a memo to Kissinger concerning the Paris Peace Talk, it went something like "I've changed my mind, tell [Ambassador] Habib to talk only about POWs."

re V.N. bomb halt news:
Harlow – have Dirksen & Tower blast this
Dirksen call LBJ and brace him w/ this
-any other way to monkey wrench it?
Anything RN can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

thoughts and/or prayers