Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Mordiceius posted:

Why does the Eureka potato have Zantetsuken?

Whoa, I totally missed the connection there. I just figured it was a glowy sword. That's a little worrisome, but I guess now we know where Odin went after he vanished in ARR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Lizard Wizard posted:

unlike the previous expansions and base game?

Regicide Harder with a Revengeance

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Ryanbomber posted:

3.4 added apartments, squadrons, POTD post-50, and wondrous tails

2.4 added an entire class

If the leaks are to be believed we might be getting a new job in the next patch, or 3 in the next expansion.
I am fairly disappointed they haven't really updated wondrous tails.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
this is really stupid but i love how incredibly lovely arcanist is at super low levels

like they have worse damage options than the loving conjurer, who gets sick poo poo like aero and stone to deal damage with

meanwhile arcanist just has ruin which only has merit as far as "is not literally hitting your enemies with a loving book." the amount of micromanaging you have to do with them to succeed is fun for me (not that you have to put any actual effort in because the story content is so easy) but it makes me laugh that you can go as hard as possible in satasha and just barely keep up with a thaumaturge spamming fire

lancer is similar except not fun because instead of getting to pay attention and micromanage dots and your pet you have 1 combo which is the superior option to anything else in your kit that you just use over and over again for like 15 levels. I picked lancer the last time I tried to get into this game and I'm pretty sure that's the reason I bounced off of it so hard, because playing them is so interminably boring for such a long time. You pick arcanist and even if you kinda suck you have 6 relevant buttons and a pet by level 10, whereas I'm pretty sure lancer barely has that many by 30

also I'm sorry if my posts are annoying! I just think this game is cool and want to talk about it

Charlie Bobson fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 6, 2018

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I like your posts. Arcanists are indeed the best, and I hope some of the future jobs use their weird shared level system with existing classes.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The most messed up part of the HW launch was that I had queue times as a tank and DPS was the role in need

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

oh no blimp issue posted:

If the leaks are to be believed we might be getting a new job in the next patch, or 3 in the next expansion.
I am fairly disappointed they haven't really updated wondrous tails.

How do you mean? WT was updated to account for level 61-70 content with SB release, currently includes O1-4 normal, and will probably add O5-8 with 4.4. They've also improved the way the tokens work on the off chance you actually get one. What sort of update were you looking for?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pop-up book Wondrous Tails where you have to form 3D shapes to get dickall.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hogama posted:

I guess since it could be connected, and a lot of points are still on point, when BluFever went private, he changed his profile icon to a picture of a lion and a rabbit. Some people are speculating that the second race besides Viera he hinted at is Ronso.

I mean, Kimahri functioned as a blue mage, so

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Thundarr posted:

How do you mean? WT was updated to account for level 61-70 content with SB release, currently includes O1-4 normal, and will probably add O5-8 with 4.4. They've also improved the way the tokens work on the off chance you actually get one. What sort of update were you looking for?

Shows what I know!
I do think it's fairly easily missable now that Idyllshire isn't the end game area though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Mordiceius posted:

I sure love how they're trying to convince me something will happen in the story, like this won't be the last cutscene or something.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I figure they're just reusing the model, but we'll see

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I've been finding lately that combat isn't really a draw for me anymore. I'm trying to level BRD and DRK to 70, since I want at least one of every role at the cap (ranged physical DPS is my last one) and I like the style of DRK and the quests are good.

But my heart just isn't in it anymore.

Since powering all DoH classes to 70, I've enjoyed crafting a lot more and I'm knocking out all the class quests but wow I have a lot of extra junk now. How do you omnicrafters manage your inventory?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Leofish posted:

I've been finding lately that combat isn't really a draw for me anymore. I'm trying to level BRD and DRK to 70, since I want at least one of every role at the cap (ranged physical DPS is my last one) and I like the style of DRK and the quests are good.

Since powering all DoH classes to 70, I've enjoyed crafting a lot more and I'm knocking out all the class quests but wow I have a lot of extra junk now. How do you omnicrafters manage your inventory?

Mainly I don't keep much around except for stuff I tend to use a lot of. Especially don't sit on anything you can get from a vendor.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BrightWing posted:

Zantetsuken is a very weird, specific model to reuse considering It Is A Primal, but yeah they might just not mention it at all

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Leofish posted:

If it's equipment, I prioritize equipment that isn't limited to one class. If it's materials and whatnot, what do you usually craft? Sell or vendor things that you barely touch.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Jesus they're finally adding a new tome? I've been waiting for loving months to get on that. How long have we been on Mendacity? It feels like its been there since the year started.

E: Like I'm not going crazy, this is the longest we've been on a tome hasn't it?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I thought it was about the usual length and that it just felt long.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Leal posted:

Jesus they're finally adding a new tome? I've been waiting for loving months to get on that. How long have we been on Mendacity? It feels like its been there since the year started.

E: Like I'm not going crazy, this is the longest we've been on a tome hasn't it?

At least since 3.x every even numbered patch has added a tomestone.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kuvo posted:

i have a few buddies that are working though the HW/SB content and when we do dungeons i turn on the min ilvl setting without telling them :getin:

You may actually be doing them a favor. Maybe don't turn it on for The Aery, though.

BrightWing posted:

Insofar as we can tell, the *sword* is the Primal, and touching it overwrites the touchee into Odin's new body. That potato being Odin has some pretty yikes implications.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Mordiceius posted:

Huh, interesting. Well, Eureka is a land in stories where the most powerful weapons were hidden away. Zantetsuken is an eastern sword with sentience, but maybe it gained that sentience in Eureka after being forged in Hingashi or something. We've been waiting to learn just how Zantetsuken works for years now, in that it possesses those who wield it and transforms them into Odin. The end of Pagos has a hooded guy saying he is Eureka. Maybe his story is something similar, in that he was a human possessed by a powerful weapon? All baseless conjecture at this point, but it is curious that they chose the Zantetsuken model for Ejika to wield, specifically.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I sure love how they're trying to convince me something will happen in the story, like this won't be the last cutscene or something.

Ha, ha! Yeah...

:negative:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The reason for them using the odin sword model is simple. The potato custom made a level 1 version just for glamour.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

oh no blimp issue posted:

If the leaks are to be believed we might be getting a new job in the next patch

I don't think we'll be getting a new job before the expansion. It would be a waste of time to add a new job that's balanced for one Stormblood patch before being reworked to fit into the 5.0 expansion. At most I think we're going to get a taste of a new job via

4.3 spoilers

the roleplay skill.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hommando posted:

I don't think we'll be getting a new job before the expansion. It would be a waste of time to add a new job that's balanced for one Stormblood patch before being reworked to fit into the 5.0 expansion. At most I think we're going to get a taste of a new job via

4.3 spoilers

the roleplay skill.

Well I mean they'd get a few months of feedback to make the class work instead of like HW launching it where the classes were all kinda garbo to play (and on of them was basically a palette swap of a better class.)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hommando posted:

I don't think we'll be getting a new job before the expansion. It would be a waste of time to add a new job that's balanced for one Stormblood patch before being reworked to fit into the 5.0 expansion.

It'd actually be pretty smart in terms of metrics: you give people another thing to come back for and stay subbed for a bit (playing/kitting out a new job) in the longer lull between the end of the expac and the start of the next one.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
It's not out of the question that'd they drop it to try and mitigate people saying '4.5 is neat, time to unsub till June.'

On the off chance is is dropped in a patch, they will of course use it as an excuse to start the class at a low level.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

'4.5 is neat, time to unsub till June.'

This is absolutely my plan if there's not a new class or something really cool to sink my time into

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Too bad I'll never find out if Mr Evil Potato becomes Odin due to not having gotten past lvl 23 in Pagos.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

Everyone needs to get to 50 ASAP to experience the glory of Hildebrand.

I'm doing these quests, just beat the episode where you fight Gilgamesh. They are considerably funnier than I expected.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There is no Gilgamesh. There is only Greg.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ytlaya posted:

They are considerably funnier than I expected.

Make sure to pickup the Moogle Delivery quests when you can.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i hit 70 just in the last week. took my first steps into eureka tonight and then left ten minutes later because it's even dumber than people made it sound. i never knew it was a loving 8-man duty. why can't it just be a zone? how did this make it all the way through the development cycle without anyone saying "wait, this is aggressively terrible and makes me want to gouge my eyes out"?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ibblebibble posted:

Whilst Suzaku is a firey bird, she's not much like a western phoenix. No rebirth :eng101:

Who's the third firebird?

The one you get for grabbing all the primal mounts in Heavensward.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

i hit 70 just in the last week. took my first steps into eureka tonight and then left ten minutes later because it's even dumber than people made it sound. i never knew it was a loving 8-man duty. why can't it just be a zone? how did this make it all the way through the development cycle without anyone saying "wait, this is aggressively terrible and makes me want to gouge my eyes out"?

Would you believe that's the 'good' instance? :shepface:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Inflammatory posted:

i never knew it was a loving 8-man duty. why can't it just be a zone?

But it is a zone? An instanced one, but certainly able to fit a bunch of people.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Brainamp posted:

But it is a zone? An instanced one, but certainly able to fit a bunch of people.

oh, i guess i misunderstood. the game says you can go in with a party of 8 and treats it like a duty, so i assumed it was a party-only instance. and i didn't see anybody else there, but i didn't really explore much. oh well, still probably never going back.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

isk posted:

The HW launch was pretty smooth iirc. No critical widespread issues come to mind, certainly not on the level of Raubahn EX or not enough dungeon instances in 2.0.

there was nothing to do for three months but on a tech level, sure.

FF14 needs a new producer.
Yoshida's done a good job but it's getting blatantly stagnant. I've been saying it for a while because I'm a cynic and a dickhead but it seems general perception across the fandom is trending towards that FF14 is just by the numbers.

Get a new dude to take the helm and see what happens. Even if it flounders and goes back to YoshiP in 6.x, at least they'd have tried.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Inflammatory posted:

It's a 140 person instance that people form full parties in.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The tater in Eureka seemed to have a revelation when he recalled that they called the entity an eikon instead of a primal. Isn't Odin such an entity along with the Warring Triad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Failboattootoot posted:

Mainly I don't keep much around except for stuff I tend to use a lot of. Especially don't sit on anything you can get from a vendor.

Argas posted:

If it's equipment, I prioritize equipment that isn't limited to one class. If it's materials and whatnot, what do you usually craft? Sell or vendor things that you barely touch.

I've just found myself with maybe one or two of a bunch of little things like threads or raw mats. Not always enough to make something but I've got RPG potion syndrome with it. "I might need it later."

I suppose just letting that go it the key.

Right now I'm trying to find some kind of lucrative craft to make consistently while enjoying the ability to meld my own stuff. I'm still having trouble consistently HQing the current high level craftables, like i350 gear. Could be a rotation thing. I've got WVR, ALC, and GSM specialties, but I may switch ALC out for something else.