Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

gently caress stats, wrestle that bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Time to unleash our mean gunslinging skills on this overgrown varmint.

quote:

Pull out my pistol and get to work.

Your pistol comes up and kicks in your hand. The round gouges deep into the grizzly's hide.

It is not amused.

Again and again you fire until your pistol clacks emptily. The bear swats with a massive paw and sends you sprawling into the bone-dry dirt.

(Health decreased) Since I'm already explaining wealth.... -2 Health, we're now at 3/5 HP

As you scramble back to your feet, Schmidt leaps atop the grizzly's back. The beast roars and tries to throw him but he drives the blade down into it until he buries the hilt and the bear abruptly collapses.

The bear lies still beside the turgid river, vanquished only by the slimmest of margins. Not many see this and fewer perform it.

Achievement Unlocked: K-Bar Award- Killed a bear

Schmidt eases out a skinning knife, "Well, you want to do the honors or should I?"

"Honors?"

quote:

"I told you before, I done fought bears," Schmidt points out, "better to shoot them, of course, but sometimes..."

You fought one hand to hand?

What do you mean?"

quote:

"Your kill, your hide. I mean, that's how I got my rug." Schmidt points out, "even if it did have that long gash where the knife went in."

"You fought it, hand to hand?

"I sense a story there."

quote:

"I told you before, I done fought bears.\" Schmidt says then pats the stiletto at his hip."

"Yeah, but not in hand to hand..."

Bear beats pistol, but prospector beats bear.

quote:

"Did I leave that part out?" Schmidt wonders. "Well, don't matter. We got a bear that needs tending."

The Prospector retrieves a rolled leather butchery kit from his saddlebags and soon enough there's a whole hide cut free. Several hundred pounds of meat follows.

Before long, you are riding into a brisk evening wind and looking to make camp for the evening.

1. Fighting that bear tells me I need to practice with a rifle.
2. I really need to practice with my pistol more.
3. I think I just learned a thing or two about fighting hand-to-hand.
4. That growl…I can use that.

Well, we just got a pile of steaks and a nice rug out of this, but what else did we learn from our light mauling?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

We learned to growl.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
We learned we need more pistol practice. Seriously, if we can't put down a bear with a hand cannon, what's the point of carrying it?

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

achtungnight posted:

We learned we need more pistol practice. Seriously, if we can't put down a bear with a hand cannon, what's the point of carrying it?

This statement is very true. So let's go with this option.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i'm not really convinced it's possible to kill the bear with the pistol if this mirrors real life

if you are planning for grizzly bear these days and you're carrying a pistol most people carry some big gently caress off cannon like a .44 mag or a 454 that makes something like 2000+ joules of energy. our .44 colt makes 280. we are basically lobbing the bullet at the bear.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LightWarden posted:

Well, we just got a pile of steaks and a nice rug out of this, but what else did we learn from our light mauling?

That bears are delicious.

That was a pretty sweet growl though. We should try it ourselves.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
We really need to get better with pistols if we're going to use it as an option.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
grrrr
Translators note:
I speak fluent bear now!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

While learning to growl from a bear is hilarious, we are are more of a pistols gal I think.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

LightWarden posted:

The growl, the growl!
Come on guys, we can get better pistol skills anywhere, but Bear Growl is a one-time thing!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The_White_Crane posted:

The growl, the growl!
Come on guys, we can get better pistol skills anywhere, but Bear Growl is a one-time thing!

That's true. Gruel for me

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

The_White_Crane posted:

The growl, the growl!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The_White_Crane posted:

The growl, the growl!

This is a convincing line of argument. Growl.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
[imagines girl growling at a gunslinger who just laughs and quotes Reservoir Dogs] You going to bark all day or you gonna bite?

I know the votes are swinging one way, but this practical man ain’t changing his.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Hell with it,

3. Shaolin Bear Strike

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote: 4. That growl…I can use that.

Best way to win a fight is to convince the other person to walk away.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i'm not really convinced it's possible to kill the bear with the pistol if this mirrors real life

if you are planning for grizzly bear these days and you're carrying a pistol most people carry some big gently caress off cannon like a .44 mag or a 454 that makes something like 2000+ joules of energy. our .44 colt makes 280. we are basically lobbing the bullet at the bear.

Pretty much! If you're alone then about the best you can do with if you're really good with a pistol is sting the bear enough that it goes somewhere else instead, otherwise it'll just eat your bullets and then you. If you're with a companion about the best you can do with a pistol is distract it enough so your companion can help get it, and if that companion is Caraway then she can line up a pistol shot through an eyeball or something. Otherwise it's rifles and/or combined fire if you want to kill it, and even that's not an easy feat.

But for now, we must embody the spirit of the bear.

quote:

That growl…I can use that.
(Intimidate increased) (+5 Intimidate)

Dawn breaks as you ride north along the river. It has been a slow pace these past few days. Even though your pack mule and Schmidt's are both laden with bear meat, things could well have gone the other way. The bandages you wear and the scars you will bear are a ready reminder of that.

As you near a particularly sharp bend in the river at the base of the foothills Schmidt glances down at the still turgid waters then shakes his head, "Look at that. There's all sorts of gravel and such in the water, much more than you'd see even after a flood."

Even as you consider a reply, you see an answer in the nearby foothills; some kind of walled camp.

quote:

Below the camp lies a crude bulwark dam that pools the river's flow and diverts it to…

Mining. Hydraulic mining, at least according to what Schmidt has said.

Hundreds if not thousands of gallons of water spray down a hillside, cull loose tons of dirt and rock that slurry down to waiting sluices below. There a dozen men tend screens that let the lighter parts of things pass but trap the heavier sorts behind. They're hunting for silver or gold, and they're diverting the river's flow to do it.

"I bet they're washing in a day what'd take me months," Schmidt says sourly, "and they're chewing up hills and stopping a river to do it."

1. Head up to the fortified camp,
2. Start down to the hydraulic mining site.
3. Ride over to the dam.
4. Watch a while.

Looks like we found what was fouling up the river... bit bigger than a few beavers though.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Watch first.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

LightWarden posted:

Pretty much! If you're alone then about the best you can do with if you're really good with a pistol is sting the bear enough that it goes somewhere else instead, otherwise it'll just eat your bullets and then you. If you're with a companion about the best you can do with a pistol is distract it enough so your companion can help get it, and if that companion is Caraway then she can line up a pistol shot through an eyeball or something. Otherwise it's rifles and/or combined fire if you want to kill it, and even that's not an easy feat.

But for now, we must embody the spirit of the bear.

Looks like we found what was fouling up the river... bit bigger than a few beavers though.

Watch a while. We have plenty of food so time is on our side. Might as well see what we're up against before we walk in.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Watch a while. See if we can spot the polluter- Plunder, Greedly, or Sludge are my top suspects.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Now's a good time to get more information.

quote:

Watch a while.

You observe the men go about their work. Much of it involves directing the spray toward fresh parts of the hillside and the maneuver of those screens to sort the resulting flow. Once those are in place, those down below readily pluck bits of the laggardly gold up and place them into sacks at regular intervals. Just like placer mining, but on an immense scale with pumps and pressure to chew away at ton after ton of gravel.

Then you see a figure shift atop the hill, a man with a rifle who watches everything but the work. Clearly there has been some trouble here as of late.

(Engineering slightly increased) (+2 Engineering)

1. Head up to the fortified camp.
2. Start down to the hydraulic mining site.
3. Ride over to the dam.

But what do we do with it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LightWarden posted:

Pretty much! If you're alone then about the best you can do with if you're really good with a pistol is sting the bear enough that it goes somewhere else instead, otherwise it'll just eat your bullets and then you.

Is choosing to wrestle an auto-nom?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Check out the dam. Is it a god dam?

[apologizes after several groans]

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

3. Ride over to the dam.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
dam it!

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Visiting dam nation it is then.

quote:

Ride over to the dam.

You ride along the river toward where the flow has been stoppered by wood and diverted into pumps that spray the hillside.

Up close the drat is a patchwork thing of logs, stumps, metal sheets and plenty of gravel. Here and there water trickles through tiny gaps or burbles over top to slosh down amid a muddy channel. A constant creak of timber fills the air, as does the stench of unseen decay. You can almost taste the mold and moss that has accumulated where the river has been bottled up.

The clack of an ax is heard close by as a tree topples over amid a little stand. Moments later, a figure in gray work cut clothes emerges and waves to you.

Wave back.

quote:

The distant figure trudges on over and reveals a fellow whose youthful beard is nearly invisible in the sunlight.
Gesture for him to come over.

quote:

The distant figure trudges close and reveals a fellow whose youthful beard is nearly invisible in the sunlight.
Ignore him, focus on the dam.

quote:

The dam won't be around long, at least not more than a few weeks you suspect in its present condition.

The distant figure trudges close and reveals a fellow whose youthful beard is nearly invisible in the sunlight.

quote:

"Hello, hello!" the figure calls out as he strides over gracefully despite the long ax in hand and muddy boots that flop about his ankles . "Are you my relief?"

1. "Yes."
2. "No."
3. "Who are you?"

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
No. We're your worst nightmare.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This game is really nicely written

Who are you?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Yes

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Yes We're here to relieve you of your existence.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

3. "Who are you?"

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
yes, we look like lumberjacks don't we?

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
We totally belong here.

quote:

"Yes."

"Excellent. Its about time they gave me some help," the spry figure says then holds out a callused hand. "I'm Terry Summers, engineer. Hydraulic engineer. For Red Ribbon Mining, of course."

"Of course."

quote:

"So, how much engineering experience have you had? I'm not talking book work or study, but getting your hands dirty like I have this past year."

"Not much."
"That sounds like 'none'," Terry points out and clears his throat. "But it'll be good to have another pair of hands at least."

"A little."
"Figures," Terry mutters and clears his throat. "Good to have another pair of hands anyway."

"Couple years.
"Good, good," Terry replies with a ready nod."

"Over a decade."
"Fantastic," Terry replies with a smile.

"They put a shovel in my crib. Too bad I never got to finish my tunnel."
"Dad put a pick-ax in mine," Terry replies with a boyish grin. "I got the hint quick."

"I'm not really an engineer."
"Figures," Terry sighs. "So, what brings you out here?"

"Can I ask about the dam?"
"Absolutely," Terry nods. "That's why you're out here, aren't you?"

With that out of the way, we can ask him some questions about the mine and the dam.

quote:

1. "How long have you worked for Red Ribbon mining?"

quote:

"About a year. Before then I was with Clayton Slate in California, and before that I grew up with Honley steel in Pittsburgh," Terry says. "You looking for work?"

1.1 "I am."
2.1 "I already got a job." You say as you flash your badge.
3.1 "Let's get back to other subjects."

"Let me ask about the dam. How safe is it?"

quote:

Summers snorts in disbelief, "It isn't. This whole thing…its going to be crashing down the river eventually. We've got no cement, no concrete. Heck, they won't even let me drive in additional load-bearing pylons since that'd take too long and be pulling men off the sluice."

quote:

"How long?"
"Long as it lasts. Likely until the autumn rains come and sweep this whole thing out. Then it'll rush on all the way down to Mexico," Terry's hands sweep out as if to complete the picture.

"Is that dangerous?"
"Well, unless you stand in the middle of the river, it shouldn't be too bad. Though, some banks might overflow. That's assuming it doesn't rain too hard beforehand," Terry says and looks grim for a moment. "That's what really worries me. When the autumn rains come…well, the waters may rush all the way down to Mexico."

"How integral is this dam to the larger mining effort?"
"Its critical," Terry states, "if it weren't for the reservoir, we wouldn't have enough water to pump, at least not clean water. You get sand or silt into the hoses, they'll fill up pretty quick. Then you've got less flow which can lead to splitting or even ruptures. Why do you ask?"

"I think I'll head up to the camp and speak to the people in charge there."

quote:

"What? Why would you need to do that?" Terry asks. "I mean, you're my relief."

1. "Well, you clearly need more hands down here.
2. "I've got to inform them of the situation here.
"I lied to you about all that.

quote:

"Sorry, what?" Terry blinks at you, "I can't have heard that right."
3. Flash your badge.
4. Impatiently tap the grip of your pistol.
5."I work for Mister Preston out of Preston Springs. He's got an interest here.

So, how do we want to do this? Continue to play the part of a worker, or reveal ourselves in some way?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
You clearly need more hands here. Let’s try to keep ourselves suspicious but uncertain for now. Pity we can’t wield a clipboard.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
We're not lying. You just need some more hands and a raise and a company car horse. Let me talk to management for you. Be right back.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote: 3. Flash your badge.

Time to Marshal.

Maybe we can get him to break the dam, then use the chaos to bring 'Law Things Up'.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,

The Lone Badger posted:

Is choosing to wrestle an auto-nom?

I kept meaning to answer this, but I forgot. Anyways, it's similar to gunfighting in that if you're doing it alone about the best you can hope for is that you you're skillful enough to injure the bear to the point that it looks for an easier meal (if you aren't skillful enough then that meal is going to be you). If you're not alone and you're not great at brawling you can get smacked around but buy time for your companion to help bring it down. If you're good at brawling then either you wrestle it while Carson or Caraway distract it with bullets or if you're with Schmidt then the two of you can tag-team the fucker into submission (the brawling check is also lower when you're with Schmidt). Either way, it's going to hurt you, but once you've beaten it in melee then you have the option of either finishing it off for that sweet bear meat or letting it slink off in defeat.

Anyways, time to continue to play along.

quote:

"Well, you clearly need more hands down here."

"True. Too true," Terry nods eagerly then sweeps a hand out across the vast expanse of felled trees and muddy water. "Look at all this. I'm not Paul Bunyan. I can't do this all myself. Heck, I'll go with you to help press things with the boss. Let me get my horse."

After only a small delay, the two of you are soon riding up toward the camp.

The ride up to the mining camp takes you up a well worn trail. More than a few portions are partially paved with stones sunk in deep where mud had dried. Some turns of the switchbacks have been shored up with wood to keep the earth in place, but even so you can see slashes down the side of the hill where something heavy had fallen down the whole way.

The camp itself is surrounded by a six foot stockade of logs lined with prickle brush. Periodic loop-holes have been carved through to let rifles poke out. Indeed, you catch sight of one of those dark barrels doing just that.

"Bet they got hit by the Shoshone," Schmidt say softly to you. "Indians around here have been on the warpath for a while now."

"Yeah, I heard that. Is it true?"
"The Shoshone have been raiding for a couple of years now," Schmidt explains, "something about a treaty they did or didn't sign. Either way, they've taken up the ax. And if it ain't them, then maybe its the Cheyenne or Sioux, which would be even worse."

"Why are the Indians so fired up?"
"Why do Indians get to whooping? Too many settlers coming in; taking the river land and fencing in the greenest pastures," Schmidt explains. "That makes it hard for an Indian to live like his father did. Then, a hungry Brave does something stupid, kills a cow or plucks some corn. The settlers grab the first Indian they can find and…it never ends well."

A sudden tightness grips your throat as you recall the tug of the hangman's noose. Only on a rare occasion does vigilante justice get served up right.

"Have you met many Indians?"
"Plenty. Lakota, Cheyenne, Arapaho, Shoshone of course, even an actual Indian Indian once. Turns out he was from across the Pacific," Schmidt gives a brief chuckle at the memory, "Here's the thing. I've seen my share of saints and sinners. That split don't stop because it hits a particular color. If anyone tries telling you different, they're selling you a pig in a poke."

"Let's hope they don't mistake us for them."
Schmidt strokes his bearish beard, "I got that covered, I think. These people know me."

He has a point. Hair like his, they won't mistake him for an Indian. That means you'll at least get to talk a bit before anyone gets shot.

"Good to know. Let's get on over there."

Schmidt provides a rather concise summary of the Native situation.

quote:

The camp's gate is a simple thing with just a wagon pulled across a gap in the stockade. A big fella sits atop it with a white bandage tight a recently and roughly shaved head and a rifle in hand. He waves to Terry as your little group approaches.

"Hey Terry!" the big guard calls out as if they were just passing on the street.

"Hey George," Terry calls back then glances over at you. "Have you met George? He's a hoot."

George drops down from his perch and, with an oxen's sinew, pushes the blocking cart aside.

The camp beyond proves to be a strangely tidy thing. The tents are pitches in neat rows, paths have been stomped and some parts even cobbled with rocks. But the heart of things exceeds all that, for beside a large barn lies a handsome little cabin whose white painted exterior seems to glow in the sun while bright flowers line row upon row along the outside in a vibrant rainbow of colors.

And now it's time to meet the boss(es).

quote:

Terry guides you toward a homey little cabin all but wreathed by beds of flowers. The door to it opens and a tall fella with a cap of golden hair lumbers out. Just behind him emerges a stout woman; her curled tresses vibrant as she hurries up alongside the leaner man with the accustomed ease of the long married.

"Who this?" the tall man asks Terry.

"Oh, this is Ruolan Shen. She's a learned sort. Engineering," Terry replies.

The woman steps forward and inclines her head in greeting. A sparkle of oak brown all but gleams in her eyes, "Well, I am Anya Admunsen and this is my husband Randall."

Randall gives a nod then offers a hand to shake, "Hello."

"Why don't we get out of the sun and discuss things," Anya suggests with a sweep of a callused hand toward the shady side of the cabin.

quote:

Anya pours you a cool cup of lemonade. Her husband takes a seat opposite you and idly flicks off a bit of dried mud that had stained his shirt. It could almost be an idyllic homestead except for the sprawl of tents beyond the flowers and the jets of water down in the valley.

Terry lingers at the edge of things until he catches Randall's eye, "I've got some things to take care of. The dam, you know."

"We know," Randall replies then gives a meaningful nod that turns his cap of golden hair bright in a bit of sunlight.

The Engineer turns to you and doffs his wide brimmed hat, "Good-bye then, Ruolan. I hope you get a position here."

And with that he departs. That leaves you with the Admunsens.

So we can figure out what's going on.

quote:

"We've been having some troubles. Indian troubles," Anya begins slowly. "No doubt you have noticed the stockade."

"And gun," Randall puts in. "Man with gun in hand not find gold."

"Go on."

quote:

"These Indian raids need to stop," Anya says, "and we've got a way to do that. See, we captured one of those barbarians and…"

Randall leans forward, "We trade him. For peace. Is good plan, yes?"

"I'm much more interested in the dam."

quote:

"Of course, of course," Anya says with a wan smile. "Its just that, you have something we don't."

"Indians... they not know you," Randall says.

Anya nods eagerly, "We captured one of the savages a few days ago. We'd like you to trade him for peace."

"What do you think I can do about that?"

quote:

"We captured one of the savages a few days ago," Anya says.

Randall eases forward, "We trade. Him for peace. Is good plan, yes?"

Things seem to have gotten a little complicated.

quote:

You have got an Indian…here, in camp?"
"We shackle," Randall says then points off toward one of the many tents.

"Can he walk?"
"He's in fine shape," Anya tells you, "just a little stiff I imagine."

"We feed. Every day," Randall says.

"How did you capture him?"
"He tried to enter the camp," Anya says.

quote:

"Strange of him to do that."

quote:

"Who can understand the whims of such savages?" Anya shrugs.
"You clipped your sentence there. Why?"

quote:

"He told a great many lies to us," Anya says, "he will no doubt tell a great many to you."

Randall leans a little closer, "He make claims. Claims of our claim. Talk…like dog at moon."
"He came over the wall?"

quote:

"No, walk to gate," Randall says. "Then, we grab."

"Did he struggle?"
"No, is why he live," Randall replies.

"It is the Christian way," Anya puts in. "Of course, we could not just let him go or wander around camp, that is why he is restrained."

"What do the Indians want?"
Both Admunsens give an unconvincing shrug. You wait a long moment that grows longer still until at last the pair grows uneasy.

At last Anya flicks a glance to her husband, "They want us to stop mining. Something about not being able to fish the river. I did not pay too much attention to all that Indian talk."

"We mining by right," Randall says. "We have claim, we mine. That is all."

"I need to discuss the dam with you. If it breaks then the water will rush on down and could devastate and kill many, including the people of Preston Springs."

quote:

"Why you want talk that?" Randall asks pointedly.

"If you want to work here," Anya begins, "you will have to learn to follow orders."

"Let's discuss a solution to the Indian situation first."

quote:

"Discuss?" Randall tilts his head at you. "You want work here, you do this."

Anya sweeps over and briefly touches your arm, "My husband is being a tad blunt. The truth is, besieged as we are by the savages, we know this is not your forte, but if the dam, the thing that brought you here, is to be saved, then we need to strike a deal with the savages."

But they have a job for us.

quote:

1. "Very well. I shall help you with your Indian affair. Take me to your captive."
2. "This falls outside my usual work bounds. I'll need an incentive."
These people really don't know how to respond properly to coercion.

quote:

The two of them sit and all but smirk as their 'request' hangs in the air like the gallows.
Couldn't hurt to see this captive of theirs, figure out what the Indians are here for.
3. Looks like I'll have to destroy the dam after I leave, partially out of spite.
4. Forget all this and just leave. This steaming pile of a place is not worth two tugs.
5. Time to go see those Indians, see if they aren't amenable to slapping the teeth out of the Admunsens' mouths.
6. These people are annoying. Time to unholster a pistol and get to work.
Leave. This run-around just isn't worth it.

quote:

The Admunsens are incredulous that you would abruptly depart, especially without agreeing to do as they all but demanded. Anya dogs your step all the way to your horse and as you ride out, Randall blisters your back with curses in two tongues.

The problem with the dam remains though. Preston springs needs unimpeded water and Jeff Donner needs to clear his reputation.
Looks like I'll have to destroy the dam.
Forget all this. It is not worth the trouble.
Time to go see those Indians, see what they have to say.

Someone seems to have stepped in it somehow, so what are we going to do? There's a couple of different ways to go about it, but mostly it's about deciding if we want to meet their captive (and maybe try to get paid before we do), or blow them off/up/away (of course, it's not like most of these choices can't wait until after the meeting with the captive).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I don't like these people, so I don't want to help them. :colbert: They also appear to be hiding something.

But I think just showing up out of the blue with the Indians may not be the best thing to do, especially if they're already on a warpath.
We're also outgunned and in the open so threatening the Admunsens doesn't seem like a good option either.

So let's keep pretending to help them so we can maybe bring an indian friend. I'd like to talk to the noble savage please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Darth TNT posted:

So let's keep pretending to help them so we can maybe bring an indian friend. I'd like to talk to the noble savage please.