Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

zoux posted:

Someone remind me what Wolverine's adamantium claws can cut through. Additionally how close to invulnerable is Cannonball when he's blastin'

Sam should still say that every time he appears, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Alaois posted:

Sam should still say that every time he appears, imo

At this point it's his "clobberin' time".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everything.

Nigh.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Rhyno posted:

Everything.

Nigh.

Didn't know Cannonball was a Tick fan

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cosmic ghost rider is very good.
Thanos as the Punisher is fuckin perfect. what if you have a punisher that doesnt hate that hes the punisher, and actually loves it

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/AH_AdamHughes/status/1037801273939124224/photo/1

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hard to make out Superman's tits in that one

Gorgeous coloring, who did it

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Cosmic ghost rider is very good.
Thanos as the Punisher is fuckin perfect. what if you have a punisher that doesnt hate that hes the punisher, and actually loves it

Isn't that just Ennis's take on Frank?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Not really.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That honestly looks like Superman hosed up and jumped too high and doesn't know how to get back down.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Senior Woodchuck posted:

That's a really terrible takeaway from Ennis' work on Punisher, dude.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

That honestly looks like Superman hosed up and jumped too high and doesn't know how to get back down.

Don’t worry. He’s like a cat stuck in a tree. He’ll find his way down once he gets hungry.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Firemen all climbing a huge ladder to get him down and Supes just arches his back and shoots heat vision at them.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's a classic mindswap story where Superman in Dex-Starr's body has to try and stop Dex-Starr in Superman's body!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
An angry cat with all the powers of Superman? May God have mercy on all our souls...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I know about that "What if" cover with Superman as a lion, but there must've been one with him becoming a kitty.

Lois: "Good grief! Mesmero's Hypno-ray has made Superman believe he's a common housecat!"
Superman: "Sorry Lois, but *baby crying noise*"

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Lobok posted:

It's a classic mindswap story where Superman in Dex-Starr's body has to try and stop Dex-Starr in Superman's body!

I really want to read this story now...

davidspackage posted:

I know about that "What if" cover with Superman as a lion, but there must've been one with him becoming a kitty.

I suspect this might be as good as it gets, unfortunately.

Also, that was no what if, that really happened! It was neither a hoax, a dream, nor an imaginary story. Circe is canonically a Kryptonian in the Weisinger-era Superman universe.

Edit: I forgot about this one. I used to own a copy of this issue.

Servoret fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 10, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"Must"? Was Superman and Lois acting out a modern version of Beauty and the Beast an obligation under the spell?

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

"Must"? Was Superman and Lois acting out a modern version of Beauty and the Beast an obligation under the spell?

No, Superman was just being emo about the situation. Kind of like Lois here:

I forgot that Superboy story was a redo of a Lois Lane story that does involve cats at least:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

davidspackage posted:

Lois: "Good grief! Mesmero's Hypno-ray has made Superman believe he's a common housecat!"
Superman: "Sorry Lois, but *baby crying noise*"

There is! There’s an issue of Lois Lane where Catwoman turns him into Superpussycat, and puts him in a kryptonite cage.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure that there's multiple stories where Jimmy Olsen turns into a gorilla.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Lois killed the last leader of the leopard pack and is wearing its skin as her clothing.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Lois's shameful secret is the result of more hijinks with Circe.

Open Marriage Night posted:

There is! There’s an issue of Lois Lane where Catwoman turns him into Superpussycat, and puts him in a kryptonite cage.

Edit: Wow, it's not a hoax, it's the real thing! Circe really gets around.

http://babblingsaboutdccomics.blogspot.com/2016/11/supermans-girlfriend-lois-lane-70-lois.html

http://babblingsaboutdccomics.blogspot.com/2016/11/supermans-girlfriend-lois-lane-71-lois.html

Servoret fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 10, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

"Bojack, I got you the part!"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I'm pretty sure there would have to be at least one more leopard and one less chimp for it to qualify as a "leopard pack".

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Open Marriage Night posted:

Not only that, it was Catwoman's first appearance in years.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well it was early on in Detective Chimp's career so he had to take some side jobs.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Servoret posted:

I forgot that Superboy story was a redo of a Lois Lane story that does involve cats at least:

My favorite part about the Leopard Girl cover is that Superman’s idea of a Leopard pack is one leopard and 1 chimp.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

From Ice Cream Man, good comic but the art is generally meh. Lots of creepy scenes.

From Teether, which has surprisingly good art for a small horror comic out of Antarctic.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Will that cage kill him?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Weren't the Superman covers/concepts created before anything was written, and the writers were left to fend for themselves when trying to come up with a story that had anything to do with the cover? That's what I heard. I assume they had a lot of "it was all a dream" endings.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Am I the only person who dislikes Curt Swan?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Weren't the Superman covers/concepts created before anything was written, and the writers were left to fend for themselves when trying to come up with a story that had anything to do with the cover? That's what I heard. I assume they had a lot of "it was all a dream" endings.

Yeah, that kind of thing was a Mort Weisinger special. Weisinger also used to come up with stories by asking the kids in his neighborhood what they wanted to see Superman do.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

Yeah, that kind of thing was a Mort Weisinger special. Weisinger also used to come up with stories by asking the kids in his neighborhood what they wanted to see Superman do.

"So you want a realistic, completely off the wall comic that's swarming with magic robots?"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BiggerBoat posted:

Am I the only person who dislikes Curt Swan?

I'll loving cut you.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

davidspackage posted:

"So you want a realistic, completely off the wall comic that's swarming with magic robots?"
"And you should win prizes for reading!"

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

nofather posted:

From Teether, which has surprisingly good art for a small horror comic out of Antarctic.
Is it actually a good book? I absolutely love the art, at least.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Lobok posted:

Will that cage kill him?

Yes and no. Simultaneously.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Servoret posted:

True story. Baboons and leopard's hate each other in the wild, so Lois Lane is bringing inter-species harmony and should be commemorated for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Rhyno posted:

I'll loving cut you.

Well, I'd prefer not but what do you like about him?

His work comes off stiff and generic to me and the camera always seems to be at eye level looking straight on at the scene. There's never really much depth to his compositions either or any dynamic use of contrast or cropping. I'm sure there are examples out there refuting this but overall he's just sort of plain to me.