Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Should I drop R. Penny or Ekeler for Clement? I have Ajayi and it is 0.5ppr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In my 0.5 PPR last season Hunt had 282 and Fournette had 219.

Hunt is so criminally underrated and I don't get it at all.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Chernabog posted:

I wouldn't drop either, but you were for sure dropping someone I'm dropping the back-up behind a RB1 and not the 1st round pick behind a UDFA (or 7th round pick... I can't remember) who just hasn't learned to pass block yet.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fast Luck posted:

hmm I just traded Dion Lewis + Marvin Jones Jr to a team hard up for RBs and got Michael Thomas in 1ppr. I defintiely (and objectively correctively imo) value quality over quantity in terms of players so the only drawback is I think Dion Lewis could be a monster this year and probably the guy taking the deal thinks so too.

The Saints are expected to pass a lot more this year. You did well.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Alfalfa posted:

I wouldn't drop either, but you were for sure dropping someone I'm dropping the back-up behind a RB1 and not the 1st round pick behind a UDFA (or 7th round pick... I can't remember) who just hasn't learned to pass block on extra helpings of cheesecake yet.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Penny was an absolute loving beast in college. Give him a chance before you drop him.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Alright, I won't touch my lineup.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Chernabog posted:

I'd definitely hold onto Penny. He was great in college and Seattle will be running a lot more this year. Plus, their OL has likely improved from "literally the worst" to merely below average.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Would you rather have Laquon Treadwell or Jaylen Samuels as an end of the bench stash in a 25 man dynasty PPR league?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Would you rather have Laquon Treadwell or Jaylen Samuels as an end of the bench stash in a 25 man dynasty PPR league?

Treadwell

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1037733061847339008

time to preemptively snag Sims off waivers

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Question for anyone using ESPN to run a dynasty league.

Is it possible to use their system to track draft pick trading or will I have to keep track of who has who's picks?

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
Getting ready for week 1, was 14/16 in a ESPN 1ppr snake draft. Haven't played fantasy in a while and draft went as well as could be expected, used beersheets with lots of bets hanging in the bench (just replaced an injury with Sims). Mostly watching for a replacement RB/flex but open to suggestions.

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB
RB Dalvin Cook, Min RB
RB Derrick Henry, Ten RB
WR Davante Adams, GB WR
WR Kenny Stills, Mia WR
TE O.J. Howard, TB TE
FLEX Chris Godwin, TB WR
D/ST Chargers D/ST D/ST
K Jake Elliott, Phi K

Bench Kerryon Johnson, Det RB
Bench Jordan Wilkins, Ind RB
Bench George Kittle, SF TE
Bench Javorius Allen, Bal RB
Bench Jaylen Samuels, Pit RB
Bench Charles Sims, TB RB

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Vargo posted:

Evan Engram or ASJ. Left them out because I was trying not to make this too much of a sit/start post.

Start Goedert over ASJ for sure

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Start RSJ over both though

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Start RSJ over both though

I'm rolling RSJ over Kittle in a couple leagues this week.

pmchem posted:

Start Goedert over ASJ for sure

ASJ "core" muscle really that serious of an injury you wouldn't start him over a backup rookie TE with a backup QB?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

ASJ "core" muscle really that serious of an injury you wouldn't start him over a backup rookie TE with a backup QB?

Yeah, there's really no question you should roll with ASJ over Goedert. Absolute best case scenario with Goedert is he catches a short touchdown on his like 1 target, but ASJ can do that too and is the easy bet for more volume.

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Streaming defenses is still a viable option, right? It seems to work out well.

It's viable but just be aware of how the rest of your league run their teams. My league likes to roster back ups of everything including defenses so it makes streaming less reliable. One particular year a 10 team league had something like 21 or 22 defenses rostered.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eternal Hobo posted:

It's viable but just be aware of how the rest of your league run their teams. My league likes to roster back ups of everything including defenses so it makes streaming less reliable. One particular year a 10 team league had something like 21 or 22 defenses rostered.

What the everloving gently caress?

Like I've mostly just played in a relatives work league with random dudes, and in a few public leagues here and there and I cannot think of a single time I've seen anything like that. :psyberger:

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Never posted the results of the draft. 10 man, Standard NFL.com scoring, 0PPR. Ended up with 2QB because I took Wentz in the 9th. Had no idea what to do with defense when it came time either.

QB Ben Roethlisberger
WR DeAndre Hopkins
WR Larry Fitzgerald
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Joe Mixon
TE Kyle Rudolph
FLX Lamar Miller
K - Matt Bryant
DEF - Broncos

BN T.Y. Hilton
BN Carson Wentz
BN Tevin Coleman
BN Sammy Watkins
BN Kerryon Johnson
BN Randall Cobb

Fingers crossed, good luck to everyone. Weeks 9 + 10 are bye hell for me. No handcuffs for me this year, and I don't think I'm likely to get Deshaun in any sort of trade.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 6, 2018

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

The most important part of the season is done. I named my last team.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

sourdough posted:

Yeah, there's really no question you should roll with ASJ over Goedert. Absolute best case scenario with Goedert is he catches a short touchdown on his like 1 target, but ASJ can do that too and is the easy bet for more volume.

Jax doesn't regularly utilize the TE heavily, ASJ has been nothing but poo poo in his career, PHI is down 2 WRs, and PHI enjoys using using 2TE sets, and drafted Goedert to catch passes.

ASJ sucks. Start virtually anyone over him until proven otherwise.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ShaneB posted:

I think they are equal.

Agreed. It’s about preference. I prefer Fournette because the offense will run through him and they spent a lot to secure Norwell to road-grade for him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

pmchem posted:

ASJ sucks.

M-MODS?!?!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

Jax doesn't regularly utilize the TE heavily, ASJ has been nothing but poo poo in his career, PHI is down 2 WRs, and PHI enjoys using using 2TE sets, and drafted Goedert to catch passes.

Who are they missing besides Jeffery? Agholor and Wallace are both a go, right? In any case, Trey Burton went 23-248-5 last year, cleared 21 yards three times, two of which were games Ertz missed, and Goedert now has the downgrade along with the rest of the offense of having Foles instead of Wentz. Until we see otherwise, it's probably safe to assume Goedert, a rookie at the notoriously slow to get going position of TE, will be worse than last year's top TE free agent in the same situation, yeah?

ASJ is nothing special, but he also was an alcoholic for most of his career and has righted that, and virtually every NFL TE1 is a better fantasy option than every NFL TE2 while their starter is healthy.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pmchem posted:

Jax is down their WR1, has zero red zone targets except ASJ, is an exceptional athlete, and Jax didn’t pay him to not throw him the ball at least a few times a game.

I’m not saying he’s a top 10 TE, but you are an idiot playing Goedert over ASJ.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Never start a Jags' TE unless they are playing in London.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ASJ is injured, JAX has like 4 WRs that will play who can also jump at Bortles fades in the endzone, and their TEs will be blocking for Fournette all game anyway.

Goedert is a dart throw, I know. I'm not starting him in any leagues. But I'm also not starting ASJ. PHI missing Alshon and Mack Hollins means they have no real WR3 with any notable reps. Their TE2 will be their WR3. That's Goedert. I'll take PHI's WR3 over JAX's TE1 any day of the week and twice on Thursday.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jimmy G against Minnesota or Dak against Carolina? I'm leaning towards giving Jimmy the start but Minnesota's defense worries me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm tempted to start Gallup.

I'm not going to because I don't make irrational decisions like that anymore.

I just have this feeling.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

ASJ is injured, JAX has like 4 WRs that will play who can also jump at Bortles fades in the endzone, and their TEs will be blocking for Fournette all game anyway.

Goedert is a dart throw, I know. I'm not starting him in any leagues. But I'm also not starting ASJ. PHI missing Alshon and Mack Hollins means they have no real WR3 with any notable reps. Their TE2 will be their WR3. That's Goedert. I'll take PHI's WR3 over JAX's TE1 any day of the week and twice on Thursday.

We're splitting such a dumb hair here because neither of us thinks they're either good options, but what the hell:

Last year, Torrey Smith was WR3 and finished 36-430-2, with 170 yards coming in two games (with Wentz, fwiw). Marcedes Lewis went 24-318-5. Both of them gave you 1 point or less in standard scoring about half the time, though Smith usually had like a catch for 5 yards. In 2016, the Eagles WR3 was Agholor, who put up 36-365-2, compared to Julius Thomas at 30-281-4.

I don't really agree that we should expect a rookie TE to put up comparable numbers to a vet WR3 in the first place, but even if you do, the Eagles WR3 and Jags TE1 are pretty even.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Carlosologist posted:

Jimmy G against Minnesota or Dak against Carolina? I'm leaning towards giving Jimmy the start but Minnesota's defense worries me

Handsome Jimmy is gonna regress hard this year.

Quote me in week 17 when he goes 44td/11int.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Made a fantasy GDT: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868122

Devonta Freeman owners come join me in lamenting the fact that Freeman failed to score on 4 opportunities inside the 5.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Handsome James carved up JAX last season. Go Jimmy. He has a better supporting cast, at the very least.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have 3 different MFL apps and none of them will load a live score. Should I expect this all season?

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Finished my 2QB, 0.5 PPR keeper league draft earlier. Kept Josh Gordon in the 9th and Michael Thomas in the 12th.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gearman posted:

Finished my 2QB, 0.5 PPR keeper league draft earlier. Kept Josh Gordon in the 9th and Michael Thomas in the 12th.

How many teams? That's a really nice roster even for a 10 team, but really stacked if 12 or more. Two top 5 QBs, some good depth on the bench, looks great.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

10 teamer. I was pick #9.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gearman posted:

10 teamer. I was pick #9.

What was your thought process at the turn? I drafted in the same spot (9th) twice this season and I went Hopkins + Hunt (.5ppr), and Hopkins + ODB (1ppr). I’m curious as to how others felt about drafting there. I hated it because I felt like I had to go against the grain in order not to get caught up in trends. And I normally draft RB-heavy at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

I have 3 different MFL apps and none of them will load a live score. Should I expect this all season?

It was down for awhile in general. Mine work now though.