Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Togashi is tossing out some chapters now so he can replay DQXI in peace on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Three volumes because I have faith

It will be dashed but I will have my faith in good comics

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm gonna make less of a length prediction and more of a 'what're we gonna get to' prediction:

We're going to see Hisoka.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
I said a year of updates last time so I'm going to stick with my guns

I also think the arc is gonna go into chaos by the time the banquet hits

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

drjuggalo posted:

that's an easy bet to make, because however many chapters there are until the next hiatus would still be a year of updates.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I think we can get to double digits again this time.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

drjuggalo posted:

I think the banquet will include a turkey

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's an easy bet to make, because however many chapters there are until the next hiatus would still be a year of updates.

I mean like, hxh will still be in SJ this time next year

also that camilla will live longer than benjamin

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 7, 2018

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

This 10 chapters are gonna be:

-SM murder mystery resolution
-Spiders/Mafia vs scar-guy-with-teleport-ability resolution
-More focus on Princes that for now has been inactive

And that's it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The chapter before the hiatus will include a tease about Hisoka in the last panel.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

he's gonna just go back to gon + killua

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
What's gons new power gonna be???

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

drjuggalo posted:

also that camilla will live longer than benjamin
Hard bet to make for me. Both have potential to be major players later on although Benjamin is definitely in a better position being the first son, head of the military and having the authority to place his guards under just about anyone, having the largest known information network, and currently has Camilla under his watchful eye as well as most of his siblings . Getting rid of him sooner than later increases everyone else's odds of survival but I think he has the chops to stay to the end. Camilla on the other hand has a lot of unknowns to her. Her Guardian Spirit's ability is unknown. Her forces capabilities are unknown. She only seemed to rely on her mother and the rest was on herself. And now that the cat's out of the bag the effectiveness of her nen ability against Benjamin has dropped to 0%. Benji is also far more cautious than his sister once he realized the hunters were (unwittingly) a part of the succession war.

Between the two of them I bet on the 1st Son. But that's not accounting for any of the other actors on this stage and how they can change the landscape. There is a lot of room for upsets.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Benjamin has been the most surprising prince to me, much more thoughtful and less psychotic than I expected.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Death Bot posted:

duck duck goose

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Boat sinks. Manga over.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Nonexistence posted:

Boat sinks. Manga over.

Hunter Ex-Hunter

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Death Bot posted:

Eenie meenie miney mo and the two attacks are Tiger Toe and Tiger Holler, the perfect combination of melee and ranged

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

Benjamin has been the most surprising prince to me, much more thoughtful and less psychotic than I expected.

He's still pretty psychotic. Given we once saw his thoughts towards his siblings during the party, stating they should pray that someone else ends their life, because he is going to do far worse then just kill them.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
But we all know that Prince #4 will be the final boss.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mraagvpeine posted:

But we all know that Prince #4 will be the final boss.

He is Kurapika's goal but not necessarily the final boss. There are a lot of weird things happening. The Heil-Ly Mafia could cause a ton of problems.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
tserriednich finally mastering his nen only to get cheetu'd by the phantom troupe or something would be hilarious and not totally implausible

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hopefully it's a chapter where Kurapika dies off screen and then my boy, the living legend, the unstoppable Leorio does anything until hiatus ends.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I agree, then Kurapica can reveal the secret power hidden in the chain of his pinky toe, which makes him an immortal zombie as long as he dies while attempting to get his revenge. Also he will take a full chapter to explain how it works.

It's a good time for us Kurapica fans!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Benjamin is doomed by the narrative. The big guy never wins, and Prince Benjamin is the biggest.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Benjamin is doomed by the narrative. The big guy never wins, and Prince Benjamin is the biggest.

Oh, I totally expect something like that. This is a Battle Royale with 14 participants, and this is Togashi we are talking about. I'm sure there will be an upset at some point, and in an unexpected way one of the big guys will bite the dust, and one of the less important Princes will turn into a dark horse.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
kurapikas gonna fall into a super coma and that will be the end of the succession war with newly minted king woble and the leorio focused DC can finally kick off

after tserriednich becomes new head of the spiders and go back to normal hxh world on the black whale with franklin and machi and whatever other twoish spiders survive the massacre

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

He's still pretty psychotic. Given we once saw his thoughts towards his siblings during the party, stating they should pray that someone else ends their life, because he is going to do far worse then just kill them.

Oh for sure. I meant things like listening to his advisers etc. Instead of the “you’ve failed me for the last time “ type of thing I’d expected

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
in benji's defense he hates his super serial killer full blooded brother the most

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm not saying you're wrong. But at the same time this is written by the guy who let a cruel dictator survive the entire Chimera Ants arc because he was already sitting in a safe place before things popped off. I'm willing to say that maybe, Benjamin might actually walk out of this since he seems to be the most prepared and go run his country but the odds are definitely not the best for him since he's the big man on campus.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Hopefully it's a chapter where Kurapika dies off screen and then my boy, the living legend, the unstoppable Leorio does anything until hiatus ends.

Leorio does not need the spotlight, he supports his friends and that’s enough for him.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

GimmickMan posted:

I agree, then Kurapica can reveal the secret power hidden in the chain of his pinky toe, which makes him an immortal zombie as long as he dies while attempting to get his revenge. Also he will take a full chapter to explain how it works.

It's a good time for us Kurapica fans!

I mean, he has the Steal Chain, and there is a nitwit with an immortality power running around; Kurapika "dying" is not at all out of the realm of possibility here. Taking that and then using it on himself or someone else (maybe even Oito or, heck, Woble) is something I can easily see happening.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 7, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The real bettors are gambling on if Bill will make it to another hiatus and I say

Hell yes, brother

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm a Billiever.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Bill is low-key the best new character introduced this arc.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The real question is whether we'll see more of Vergei's fetish for muscular women.

I still love that whole segment, by the way. Vergei went from "really annoying stock character archetype" to "loving amazing" in two pages, then the thing with Belerainte leaving and Vergei seeing Nen firsthand causing him to immediately throw all the stuff he had been thinking before away and taking the threat seriously instead of remaining an obstinate impediment to the protagonists just because was good too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's so much poo poo going on that it is entirely possible that t~nich and kurapika get caught up with other stuff and never meet during this arc

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is kurapica allowed to use his powers against tserriednich?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chain Jail is the one that's Troupe-only. The others don't have that limitation unless I've forgotten something.

Unless you're referring to the rules of this whole arrangement, in which case I think the answer is officially "no", but practically "as long as he doesn't get caught", and he wouldn't care anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

I'm not saying you're wrong. But at the same time this is written by the guy who let a cruel dictator survive the entire Chimera Ants arc because he was already sitting in a safe place before things popped off. I'm willing to say that maybe, Benjamin might actually walk out of this since he seems to be the most prepared and go run his country but the odds are definitely not the best for him since he's the big man on campus.

Hey we don't know that he was a cruel dictator. He abandoned his position 30 years before the story happened. And an rear end in a top hat double took over instead.