Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

GoldStandardConure posted:

Thanks Thanos.

Thanos.

wait poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

lol tom tilley decided to try to be a hard hitting journalist when interviewing Chelsea Manning, instead of lobbing soft balls to UFO conspiracy theorists and literal Nazis. What a loving turd

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol tom tilley decided to try to be a hard hitting journalist when interviewing Chelsea Manning, instead of lobbing soft balls to UFO conspiracy theorists and literal Nazis. What a loving turd

*extremely white and definately not faking it voice* yes hi tom, long time listener first time caller my name is Achmed Bin Mohammad and im a boat person who lives in Lakemba and I just wanted to say that we are happy than mr i mean chelsea manning leaked the documents to bin laden because the west is an infidel now if you excuse me I have to go and make a Sharia at some white person driving in our streets, Aloha Ackbar!

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/sanderlands/status/1037884998081118208?s=21

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Tom has had both Scott Morrison and Dutton on the show and didnt drill either of them on the two biggest issues his audience has - housing affordability and refugees. Hes a loving terrible journalist and listening to him on my evening drive home makes me furiously angry.

Anyone else on the hack team does a better job. He cant seem to work the loving phone system or audio controls either. hes bad at his job.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Laserface posted:

Tom has had both Scott Morrison and Dutton on the show and didnt drill either of them on the two biggest issues his audience has - housing affordability and refugees. Hes a loving terrible journalist and listening to him on my evening drive home makes me furiously angry.

Anyone else on the hack team does a better job. He cant seem to work the loving phone system or audio controls either. hes bad at his job.

There's a solution to that

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

iajanus posted:

There's a solution to that

how final is it though?

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Back to terrible real estate agent chat

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnYbqdcnHC7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1we1a1hyjeawf

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

fuuuuck

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/guardianaus/status/1037942758646919168?s=21

Regular dude Scott Morrison has some regular friends

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

produced by your boy bangs

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Laserface posted:

Tilley is white male privilege writ large.

Seriously, he gave significant air time to those men's rights tossers with nary a challenge.

Every time I listen I hear someone who tries to be balanced but fails each time because he's never seriously faced or challenged his privilege and just assumes. Whether that's wilful ignorance, a gigantic ego keeping him from self reflection or just thinking it's all bullshit, who knows?

(Stephen Stockwell is way better)

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

He looks like an Alex Kidd boss.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Vote 1 Apocalypse?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Tilley was also involved in that panel that invited noted nazi Blair Cottrell.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

You gotta love the headline Quaedvlieg vs Dutton: What au pair!

I hadn't appreciated the wrinkle that Quaedvlieg had been terminated for Barnabying about. Dutton really hosed up by suggesting Roman was mental.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It'd be great if they both annihilated each other.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
So we got a minority government now? (He's so going to totally vote with them)

https://twitter.com/DavidSharaz/status/1037954187818979328

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

But Charlie Murphy is dead :confused:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW-OMR-iWOE

You Am I posted:

But Charlie Murphy is dead :confused:

Cold blooded

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

That's okay, I believe in a thing called love

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-07/goat-theft-substantial-hit-to-farmers-in-drought/10214816

quote:

Imagine you're a farmer struggling through this unrelenting drought, and a herd of wild goats wanders onto your land.

By law, you're allowed to harvest them and sell them to make a profit. It could even earn you enough to pay your kids' school fees for another year.

It's enough to allow you to take a breath in these unforgiving, dry conditions across the entire eastern seaboard of Australia.

So imagine, then, the heartbreak when someone steals that herd of goats from your property and makes $40,000 profit for themselves — illegally.

Well, you know what they say - easy come, easy goat.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Laserface posted:

I've been boycotting hack since the early days of the Abbott administration, after he had Christopher Pyne on to talk about education cuts and uni deregulation. He was so uncritical that by the end of the interview he was more or less responding with "yeah, that sounds pretty good" and "can't argue with that I guess". Then to provide the opposing viewpoint they went to the phones for a minute or two of some ineloquent bogan waffling on about nothing. Using random callers as the opposing viewpoint to professional speakers and political figures is a hack staple, but it was particularly disgusting for the youth station to provide such biased coverage of a topic critical to their wellbeing, when they must surely have established relations with student organizations and leaders eager to speak on the topic.

froglet posted:

Tilley is white male privilege writ large.

Hack had actual value when Kate O'Toole was host, fulfilling its youth targeted news role perfectly. Tilley gained popularity as their roving reporter by virtue of getting involved in silly stunts for the other djs. I can see why they would be tempted to promote him to host based on that established popularity, but he has literally never demonstrated even basic political or world knowledge. He should never have been given such responsibility. The quality, topics covered and tone declined significantly from the moment he took over.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Baaaaaaaaaah.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Moon Atari posted:

I've been boycotting hack since the early days of the Abbott administration, after he had Christopher Pyne on to talk about education cuts and uni deregulation. He was so uncritical that by the end of the interview he was more or less responding with "yeah, that sounds pretty good" and "can't argue with that I guess". Then to provide the opposing viewpoint they went to the phones for a minute or two of some ineloquent bogan waffling on about nothing. Using random callers as the opposing viewpoint to professional speakers and political figures is a hack staple, but it was particularly disgusting for the youth station to provide such biased coverage of a topic critical to their wellbeing, when they must surely have established relations with student organizations and leaders eager to speak on the topic.

Hack had actual value when Kate O'Toole was host, fulfilling its youth targeted news role perfectly. Tilley gained popularity as their roving reporter by virtue of getting involved in silly stunts for the other djs. I can see why they would be tempted to promote him to host based on that established popularity, but he has literally never demonstrated even basic political or world knowledge. He should never have been given such responsibility. The quality, topics covered and tone declined significantly from the moment he took over.

It’s almost as if he’s a

Bad journalist

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
tom tilley sucks and client liaison sucks

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Lol hack is completely open about their quality of journalism in the name. Why does anyone expect anything from them?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

No kidding

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bell jar posted:

No kidding

A gruff reply.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
it was me and i didn't sell them, i became their bride

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
peak tom tilley is when he hosed up on a motorcycle, crashed and had the thing land on him and be all "yeah nah she'll be right don't need to go to the doctors"

then they interviewed him and he was all "its so hard when you are temporarily disabled from a motorcycle crash and cant walk without crutches wow like so hard omg"

ride your bike into the sea dickhead

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i keep confusing tom tilley with tom bollard and he with josh thomas for some reason

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
More like Tom Bombadil.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

More like Tom Bombadil.

More like au pairless

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/clairlemon/status/1037977651950968832

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

:lol:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
By 2021 the left and right will have eaten themselves and the only thing left will be lovely centrists.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Speaking of hot

https://twitter.com/jonkudelka/status/1038039458220843008

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, the Nuremberg defence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Is she not or is the protestation the funny part?

E: either way a politician making a post about his hot wife is pretty good

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 7, 2018

• Locked thread