Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

this broken hill posted:

i am basically an environmental engineer now, i'm trying to think up a cool and marketable new word for it that says SCIENCE but also TREES ("ecoengineering" is too clunky)

arbonaut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fine

Volkerball posted:

*draws a box*

*types "have a fair go with fackin buckets of trees. too right mate. no lebos allowed" in it*

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i thought fifty four native breynia oblongifolia seedlings had popped up in my lawn after the rain, but it's just flax from the quails' food

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

bummer

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
did you know, flax is the national flower of belarus

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
and international flax populations are contaminated by an unauthorised genetically modified form of flax from canada, known as triffid, which escaped from captivity and went rogue

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
btw happy threatened species day everyone

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

this broken hill posted:

:toot:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/juliacarriew/status/1037922806137204737?s=19

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
lookin good elon!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

this broken hill posted:

Didnt you once tell me Australia is home to more endangered species than any other country on the planet?

Also this made me look up threatened and endangered species in Canada and Im now sad because the northern bobwhite and basically every kind of whale are on the list. :smith:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

this broken hill posted:

i thought fifty four native breynia oblongifolia seedlings had popped up in my lawn after the rain, but it's just flax from the quails' food

:stoked:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
got the new twitter design, it removes the option to personalise yr profile colour :(

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i just got free entry to a wildlife park from a filet-o-fish burger

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/TeslaCharts/status/1037955913510989824

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
it;s so good

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

so if that brasillian fascist doesn't actually die from his wounds he's basically guaranteed a win, huh?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Was he always stupid or did he get the same brain disease all super rich people seem to have?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Who is he trying to impress with not knowing how cigars and words work? Why is this happening to me?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I don't think I'd ever be bold enough to smoke a cigar like a blunt in public

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i'm going to cut off berke's rear end and mount it on my wall

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

this broken hill posted:

i am basically an environmental engineer now, i'm trying to think up a cool and marketable new word for it that says SCIENCE but also TREES ("ecoengineering" is too clunky)

A friend of mine is a biologist and every other year or so they get some funding and go check out the ULTRA CONSERVED DONUT CUT DOWN HERES AN INTERNATIONAL AWARD AND PROBABLY ALSO AN ISO CERTIFICATE IDK LOL rainforest plots with hell of rare trees and flowers somewhere in South America and every time they've gone the forest they were trying to survey hasn't been there anymore because the locals have cut it all down. It's there on paper and if you ask any officials about it the rainforest is there and thriving also give me your passport.

Welp that's my tree story also we are literally killing the planet and all those stupid Oatmeal or whatever comics where the punchline is "nuh-uh you're just killing humanity :smuggo:" are actually dangerously wrong.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
We’re killing humanity and also a shitload of other things

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The planet will have life on it in some capacity even in the worst climate change predictions, given a few million year eventually speciation would cause life to return to a similar complexity as now, stop being so hyperbolic

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

We’re killing humanity and also a shitload of other things

For every human race destroyed we will have destroyed thousands of other species.

mandatory lesbian posted:

The planet will have life on it in some capacity even in the worst climate change predictions, given a few million year eventually speciation would cause life to return to a similar complexity as now, stop being so hyperbolic

Oh well that makes it okay then.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah pretty much

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

mandatory lesbian posted:

I don't think I'd ever be bold enough to smoke a cigar like a blunt in public

it's a blunt

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
But Elon doesn't smoke weed, I thought

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Can't believe this sociopathic billionaire lied to me!!!

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I have some precious fancy boy allergy to listening to Rogan's brain try to sort things out, did somebody listen / can they give a quick summary of their conversation?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Actually judging by second pic he didn't inhale so I guess he didn't technically lie

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1037921226365317120

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I bet teslas factories piss test and fire you if you fall

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

That partially explains his whole "free frozen yogurt" thing at least.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Breaking news: A successful businessman smoked weed in a weed-legal U.S. state on the most popular podcast in the world where the host smokes weed

I guess this is shocking to some people but come on, get with the times. if it was a tobacco cigar I assume it would leave a different impression which shows it's a cultural issue more than anything.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Breaking news: A successful businessman smoked weed in a weed-legal U.S. state on the most popular podcast in the world where the host smokes weed

I guess this is shocking to some people but come on, get with the times. if it was a tobacco cigar I assume it would leave a different impression which shows it's a cultural issue more than anything.

the problem is that he is widely perceived as crazy, possibly for a substance problem, so if musk was a wise man (he is not) he would not smoke weed on camera right now. like, in the middle of your extended meltdown where you commit federal crimes on twitter and exhibit months of bizarre behavior, probably not the best idea to go and declare to the world your pot smoking habit

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

hey pal why dont you go and 4.20% drop in tesla shares this morning yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

nobody cares about him smoking weed. he just looks like a giant rear end dork, was whiny all interview and has been calling the british diver guy a pedo again. also he's a capitalist piece of poo poo, endangers his workers, started his failing company with apartheid-bucks (or: rands), etc etc etc.

• Locked thread