Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Probably not worth giving up Kaoms or Loreweave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

Probably not worth giving up Kaoms or Loreweave.

I got curious so I tested it on standard. It works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4KNr2y_BaA

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Mapping is weird on this league. I have had to buy a ton of maps to get atlas completion (have 1 red total and all tiers up to 8 completed), and I still haven't gotten any real red map drops so I can progress to anything that would challenge my character.

Meanwhile I've made enough currency to buy a 6L belly and a set of adequate jewels for my build (facebreaker AW berserker).

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im just buying my way to atlas completion because I have currency and I dont feel like running repeat maps.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

KoldPT posted:

Mapping is weird on this league. I have had to buy a ton of maps to get atlas completion (have 1 red total and all tiers up to 8 completed), and I still haven't gotten any real red map drops so I can progress to anything that would challenge my character.

Meanwhile I've made enough currency to buy a 6L belly and a set of adequate jewels for my build (facebreaker AW berserker).

Yeah, map sustain definitely feels rougher this league compared to Incursion. It'd be nice if Delve mons could drop maps, or if there was a "map room" area type.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

or if there was a "map room" area type.

Good news! There is! Also, the vaal outposts and such are basically the warhouse rooms from incursion and have map chests quite often.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Zana's +level mods are pretty good for map sustain at higher tiers, once you get her to 7. Before that it's not great.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I've had terrible map luck as well. Took me a long while to get red maps, but now that I'm there I have a nice stack of horizon orbs to help fill out the atlas.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

TheRat posted:

Good news! There is! Also, the vaal outposts and such are basically the warhouse rooms from incursion and have map chests quite often.

So far, all I've seen of Vaal Outposts (the gold outlined areas) is that they spawn Vaal City nodes, where the 'task' is that you just click the item, and then the stairs down open up (when not bugged - sometimes the stairs don't open up).

Downstairs, there's a U-shaped hallway that wraps around the stairs with two nodes - you stand on a node (or kill stuff on the node?) and lights appear down the hallways, all the while spawning a bunch of vaal dudes, so you slip past/kill them, and there's two main rooms with a few chests, and three little individual chests.

Is there anything to do aside from hitting the chests without dying? It doesn't seem there's much purpose to killing the enemies.

Are there other room types to look out for? I've only see one layout

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Wonder what sort of quiver would be the best for the CA/Toxic Rain build. Using a drillneck I've found for a while now and unsure what sort of rare quiver I should transition into

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

So the cool kid thing to do for BV elementalists on poe.ninja seems to be a herald of ice/innervate/hypothermia/ice bite link. Most people are also using hypothermia and ice bite linked into BV, along with increased duration. The freeze proliferation seems pretty nice too, from what I can tell.

Mr. Griftsarefun seems to be doing all of that, for instance.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/kjolbi/GriftsAreSoFun?i=11&search=class%3DElementalist

I am trying to decide in what direction to move my current character. I will say that things got much nicer once I finished uberlab. The proliferation really makes a huge difference in the inpulsa shocksplosions.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FilthyMonkey/characters?characterName=MonkeyMonkey

If I can get a 6L inpulsa I would like to slot increased duration into BV, then kill the section of the passive tree that goes beyond the scion life wheel. That frees up a lot of points, and seems to be the current thing to do. I would like to make it down to phase acrobatics.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 7, 2018

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Devor posted:

So far, all I've seen of Vaal Outposts (the gold outlined areas) is that they spawn Vaal City nodes, where the 'task' is that you just click the item, and then the stairs down open up (when not bugged - sometimes the stairs don't open up).

Downstairs, there's a U-shaped hallway that wraps around the stairs with two nodes - you stand on a node (or kill stuff on the node?) and lights appear down the hallways, all the while spawning a bunch of vaal dudes, so you slip past/kill them, and there's two main rooms with a few chests, and three little individual chests.

Is there anything to do aside from hitting the chests without dying? It doesn't seem there's much purpose to killing the enemies.

Are there other room types to look out for? I've only see one layout

The purpose to killing enemies is that its incredibly good experience if the monster level is high enough

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Control Volume posted:

The purpose to killing enemies is that its incredibly good experience if the monster level is high enough

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant in the basement itself, enemies seem to only be speedbumps to make it harder to reach the chests (it looks like they spawn endlessly, and don't give exp because that would be too easy to exploit for experience, and don't drop items for the same reason) or maybe only the first round of kills give exp/drops?

headspace
Apr 25, 2014

Fat_Cow posted:

So are there any builds that just steam roll maps to T15 and cakewalk over Delve?

Roll a Juggernaut, and use two of these:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nebuloch

Just grab all the life regen and endurance charges on the tree and you will be set for defences. You can switch to crit eventually and scale the dmg pretty high as well.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Devor posted:

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant in the basement itself, enemies seem to only be speedbumps to make it harder to reach the chests (it looks like they spawn endlessly, and don't give exp because that would be too easy to exploit for experience, and don't drop items for the same reason) or maybe only the first round of kills give exp/drops?

They're not endless, there's just several waves of them in each room. I haven't noticed whether they all drop loot though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you are jugg you probably don’t need to get RT ever and can just beeline to overload.

Dual Nebuloch will probably be my next build.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

boredsatellite posted:

Wonder what sort of quiver would be the best for the CA/Toxic Rain build. Using a drillneck I've found for a while now and unsure what sort of rare quiver I should transition into

Just wondering, does the pierce damage affect any part of the toxic rain damage? I'm looking for a new quiver too.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Vulpes posted:

They're not endless, there's just several waves of them in each room. I haven't noticed whether they all drop loot though.

I didnt pay attention to that either because Im too busy looking at the pretty effects, but they do give exp, because I gained a level inside one of them.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Thinking my next build is going to be some sort of bow build. Especially if the minion and totems wont target things in the dark during delve boss fight thing stays around.

CA/toxic and ele hit and the best ones out there right?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
probably going to reroll pretty soon, especially now that azurite upgrades carry over

no idea what as but I've sold two inpulsa's so I've got a decent budget

give me ideas

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

theshim posted:

probably going to reroll pretty soon, especially now that azurite upgrades carry over

give me ideas

bladefall traps

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I think Blasphemy + Despair would give a better boost to poison than Herald Of Agony since I'm using Added Chaos Damage + The Wasp Nests (Attacks with this Weapon deal 80-120 added Chaos Damage against Enemies affected by at least 5 Poisons)

I'm already using Blasphemy + Temporal Chains so I would need to buy a +1 curse necklace or a Windscream boots.

Or, if I had 5 ex, buy one of those -100% Despair mana reserve necklaces and run all 3! (Blasphemy + Temporal Chains + Despair + Herald Of Agony)

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Velveteen posted:

Just wondering, does the pierce damage affect any part of the toxic rain damage? I'm looking for a new quiver too.

Honestly I can't tell the difference to be honest. It's hard tinkering with the fine details of the damage as I tend to be spamming that skill

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
I've had no problem keeping red maps going this league, but I trade for them the same way I trade for whatever else my character needs. People seem to talk about having to buy maps like it's some kind of failure state but if you're not playing SSF that's what you're supposed to do! Like, if you run a T14 and the only map that drops is a T13 you're probably not only sustaining but profiting, given all the other drops.

Now that upgrades are league-wide I'm probably going to start a new character too, but I'm having trouble thinking of anything that isn't absurdly expensive but would still be an improvement over Arc totems in terms of tankiness without being a big clearspeed downgrade. I'm nostalgic for my old dual-Obliteration BV Berserker, so I'm leaning towards triple herald BV Elementalist.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Tiny Bug Child posted:

I've had no problem keeping red maps going this league, but I trade for them the same way I trade for whatever else my character needs. People seem to talk about having to buy maps like it's some kind of failure state but if you're not playing SSF that's what you're supposed to do! Like, if you run a T14 and the only map that drops is a T13 you're probably not only sustaining but profiting, given all the other drops.

Now that upgrades are league-wide I'm probably going to start a new character too, but I'm having trouble thinking of anything that isn't absurdly expensive but would still be an improvement over Arc totems in terms of tankiness without being a big clearspeed downgrade. I'm nostalgic for my old dual-Obliteration BV Berserker, so I'm leaning towards triple herald BV Elementalist.

I had issues with map early on because I was delving more than I was running maps and it felt like I was outleveling the maps I was in. Once I unlocked most of the map nodes I had no more issues anymore. I think once you start digging deep you'll be swimming in red maps from the delves. I'm only around 200 and I'm starting to get red maps to drop from chests.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Some poor brazilian wants to play architect league badly, shame we're in minecraft now

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

theshim posted:

give me ideas

Herald of agony Scion Elementalist/something else

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Duck and Cover posted:

Herald of agony Scion Elementalist/something else
my first character is a herald of agony/purity necro, kinda want to think of something else

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
What's a good poet's pen build that will also shatter everything? What's all around the best build that will shatter everything? I just want to shatter everything.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

BobbyK posted:

What's a good poet's pen build that will also shatter everything? What's all around the best build that will shatter everything? I just want to shatter everything.

Frost blades is going to give you 100% of your daily recommended shatters. It's not a very good skill for T15+, but otherwise its fine.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

theshim posted:

my first character is a herald of agony/purity necro, kinda want to think of something else

Well you did it wrong the whole idea is to buff the herald with poo poo like the coming calamity and the extra herald effectiveness. Going necro? Man what a snooze. Necro is lame because it's the obvious choice for any minion build. You could make the build play differently by applying poison with flicker strike or something. Maybe use wasp nests or oro's and take advantage of the minion damage nodes effect you node. I'll probably try it at some point.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Lechtansi posted:

Frost blades is going to give you 100% of your daily recommended shatters. It's not a very good skill for T15+, but otherwise its fine.

Oh I should say, I hate the way frost blades feels, along with tornado shot. Thanks for the recommendation though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you use AW and VAW all at the same time do you get all three More Damage buffs.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

BobbyK posted:

Blade Vortex is pretty top tier when it comes to freeze/shatter, or anything Elementalist really cause that free prolif is so good. The top dude in delves right now is non-crit BV using the freeze prolif to keep everything frozen while it dies.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bugsy posted:

Thinking my next build is going to be some sort of bow build. Especially if the minion and totems wont target things in the dark during delve boss fight thing stays around.

CA/toxic and ele hit and the best ones out there right?

My elehit build is loving murdering. It was painful leveling for the first 40 or so, but once I finished Merc lab and picked up some life leech it just sailed all the way to 70. I'm still using a tabula because my bow isn't even a 5L, so my single target is a bit rough, and I'm a long ways away from being able to afford a yoke, but I can't believe this is the nerfed version of this build.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wrong thread

nerox
May 20, 2001

Cinara posted:

Blade Vortex is pretty top tier when it comes to freeze/shatter, or anything Elementalist really cause that free prolif is so good. The top dude in delves right now is non-crit BV using the freeze prolif to keep everything frozen while it dies.

I am playing Elementalist BV now and it has knocked Ngamahu Cyclone down to #2 of my favorite builds ever. Watching an entire screen chain freeze and explode is so satisfying.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Here is a good delve crafting info page

http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Delve

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
I haven’t seen a single Delve city, what depths are people typically finding them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I found two at around 80