Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Retro Futurist posted:

i have a long flight ahead of me and ive downloaded S2. At what point can I expect the usual gratuitous sex scene the Netflix ones always have? I’m going to be in the middle seat so I may want to skip around

S2 of what? Iron Fist S2 isn't out until this Friday.

If it is Jessica Jones, then it happens in the 2nd or 3rd episode and then she is basically celibate compared to season 1.

S2 of Luke Cage just has a lot of gratuitous making out and a 10-second sex scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Whoops yes I mean Luke Cage. I wound up just watching Infinity War for the third time since they had that on the plane

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chose your adventure folks

Turn to page 25

Turn to page 35

One positive: neither article contains the word "pacing"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

zoux posted:

Chose your adventure folks

Turn to page 25

Turn to page 35

One positive: neither article contains the word "pacing"

I like the picture they used to denote the ACTION PACKED IRON FIST....of the Boardroom!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Those are separate articles

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The most action packed scene of season 1 was in a board room.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

The most action packed scene of season 1 was in a board room.

I liked the drunken boxing fight. Enough that I was pissed off to find out he could have potentially played the lead.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

I liked the drunken boxing fight. Enough that I was pissed off to find out he could have potentially played the lead.

I wanted to like it, but it wasn't shot or edited very competently.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Daredevil Season 3 Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R6lb45fXFA

Old suit is back.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 7, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I guess I was one of the few people that didn't really have an issue with the proper suit. Granted, it did feel like it stuck out a bit since literally no one else in the Netflixverse wears costumes, outside of the horrible Diamondback. I just didn't think it looked "bad".

Iron Fist is out today right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Black suit looks better in almost every way. Maybe just give him the jacket from the red suit if he needs to be able to soak up more damage but keep that mask far away.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Oh I agree that the homemade suit looks better, I just didn't mind the red suit. But to be fair to everyone else, I literally cannot tell the difference between the Season 1 and Season 2 red suits, which a bunch of people have insisted are significantly different. I tried looking for screenshots comparing the two but without much luck.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So who stayed up all night to binge if? Any good?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

So who stayed up all night to binge if? Any good?

I'm shocked nobody is being a jackass this time around and spoiling it like Luke S2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody watched, everyone's busy playing Spider-Man.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Daredevil Season 3 Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R6lb45fXFA

Old suit is back.

They’re hitting the stupid button early.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Someone in the Netflix Marvel thread binged it and seemed to quite enjoy it. I might watch tonight, but I might finish my Jersey Shore marathon instead lmbo

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

esperterra posted:

Someone in the Netflix Marvel thread binged it and seemed to quite enjoy it. I might watch tonight, but I might finish my Jersey Shore marathon instead lmbo

Even the greatest show on earth would not be something I could watch 13 hours in a row, starting at midnight and ending somewhere around 1 pm.

That person is insane.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
thankfully it looks like this season is only 10 eps

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Even the greatest show on earth would not be something I could watch 13 hours in a row, starting at midnight and ending somewhere around 1 pm.

That person is insane.

Yeah, even when I do binge a Netflix show I do it over a couple days. Unless I'm sick or something.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
People didn't like the Daredevil costume? Laaaame.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Swamp Thing series looks like it is actually happening as they've started casting. First up is Crystal Reed as Abby Arcane. She's been on Teen Wolf but was most recently Sofia Falcone on Gotham.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah, everyone saying the black underarmor and a t-shirt tied around the face is better than an actual Daredevil costume needs to take that poo poo back to 2000 when we were still pretending spandex wasn't cool.

Netflix: Where character arcs never finish and sometimes get walked all the way back to the starting line.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I prefer his DIY suit, but never thought the actual DD costume looked all that bad. The helmet is a little goofy but w/e it's a comicbook show

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah, everyone saying the black underarmor and a t-shirt tied around the face is better than an actual Daredevil costume needs to take that poo poo back to 2000 when we were still pretending spandex wasn't cool.

Netflix: Where character arcs never finish and sometimes get walked all the way back to the starting line.

Thank you. I was wondering if I was going crazy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

But the black costume is spandex and the Daredevil costume isn’t.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Need to stick with the Daredevil suit and at least put Danny in a green tracksuit with Shou-Lao on it and a yellow mask :colbert:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Exactly, dang it. X-Men already did that "It's a superhero movie, but we're a little ashamed of that" bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The DD suit looks terrible. That's why people prefer the black. They need to start from scratch and design a while new suit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The suit from the season 1 finale was definitely goofy and lame but the season 2 suit was perfectly fine. At least he looked like Daredevil and not Black Ninja.

We've already had Iron Fist and immortal ninjas and Nuke, you can't put the goofy genie back in the bottle and pretend the netflix marvel shows take place in a grounded gritty universe.

It's not like they have him dressed like this:

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 8, 2018

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I think the problem with the DD suit is the TV people didn't design it. Their costume director pretty much came out and said that higher ups in Marvel basically delivered the suit already designed.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Should just use the Ben Affleck suit again. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I think the problem with the DD suit is the TV people didn't design it. Their costume director pretty much came out and said that higher ups in Marvel basically delivered the suit already designed.

Oh yeah, that explains a lot. The mask is just horrible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The mask is one of the bits they definitely tweaked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

The mask is one of the bits they definitely tweaked.

It's still bad. And he looked so dumb next to the others in Defenders.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's not that I don't like the costume they eventually settled to but the Blind Ninja costume was such a cool look I'd wish his final upgrade was some sort of increment to it. No one else wore their original costumes from the comics so DD could just wing it too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Samuringa posted:

It's not that I don't like the costume they eventually settled to but the Blind Ninja costume was such a cool look I'd wish his final upgrade was some sort of increment to it. No one else wore their original costumes from the comics so DD could just wing it too.

Jess and Luke both sort of do.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Jessica and Luke are wearing their current comic costumes. I remember one of the complaints when season one of Iron Fist came out was they didn't do the costume which.

It just feels like a lame thing to shy away from the iconic costume.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Danny's costume I could take or leave, but the mask is cool and functional and he should be wearing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Gaunab posted:

Jessica and Luke are wearing their current comic costumes.

That's not really fair as their "costumes" are literally just "normal clothing".

Rhyno posted:

It's still bad. And he looked so dumb next to the others in Defenders.

It definitely stands out like a sore thumb in Defenders, but I feel that is more because he is the only person actually wearing a costume. That is my biggest gripe.

Samuringa posted:

Yeah I think the best possible outcome would probably be to let him have a suit similar to his final suit, but let his mask just be the black wrap thing. Also then make the suit way less red as a result.