Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Whitlam posted:

A gram is a standard unit of measurement (unlike a cup, for instance). American bread just has that much more sugar than Australian.

Efb

You and your crazy metric systems affected largely by tides and the variable mass of some platinum cylinder thingy.

A cup is a cup and will always be a cup unless it's liquid then it's something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

who loving cares about the bread other people eat jesus christ.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Roobanguy posted:

but I have to prove my superiority over complete strangers on the internet!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Roobanguy posted:

humans... like mate this ain't a new development in human behaviour.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Roobanguy posted:

who loving cares about the bread? other people eat jesus christ.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Roobanguy posted:

I do

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love that this is the go-to thread for getting self righteous over minor differences between cultures that don't affect you at all. I still remember the great top load vs side load washer derail.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ok but what about Milk:

Glass, Plastic, Bag, or Carton? Which. Is. Superior.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
For those curious, Mexican bread is sweet. It is often magenta or cyan colored, and is more of a breakfast pastry you have with coffee. Pretty much a cake donut in its own way.

At the core of it though, it seems to boil down to the fact that 'too sweet' is the one flavor that is popular to hate on in SA. Goons love making fun of picky eaters, but then they themselves will act like eating a slice of white bread in the US is throwing them into a diabetic coma. If we're going to poke fun at the people that can't physically be in the same room as a peeled carrot, lets not get all melodramatic about bread.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Roobanguy posted:

Gotta obliquely fat-shame somehow. :shrug:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ok but what about Milk:

Direct from the goat is the only acceptable answer.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ok but what about Milk:

Anything but bag is fine, what loving idiot decided a bag was the perfect way to sell a liquid in.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Piell posted:

Anything but bag is fine, what loving idiot decided a bag was the perfect way to sell a liquid in.

Okay but what about 3 bags within 1 bag?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Wonder Bread is crap but pretty much everybody knows that now. Many don't care, but they still know. It's still shocking how many of them contain HFCS, but it's getting easier and easier to find them without. Not that they don't still have sugar.

Also, hazy IPAs are pretty cool, they don't have that extreme bitterness but still a nice herbal feel

This concludes my hipster post of the week hour

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I want to talk about this because this got passed over.

Krispy Wafer posted:

What does European toothpaste taste like? Because ours is candy.

I switched to a non-sweetened toothpaste and now Colgate or Crest tastes like icing.

Mint. My toothpaste tastes like mint.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Since this is breadchat now pepperridge farms white has 2g of sugar/serving.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Breadchat is incredibly sad because apparently European cakes taste like bread and that means nobody in Europe has ever enjoyed a delicious birthday cake or even a celebratory Cookiepuss.

I'm sorry Europe.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Panfilo posted:

At the core of it though, it seems to boil down to the fact that 'too sweet' is the one flavor that is popular to hate on in SA. Goons love making fun of picky eaters, but then they themselves will act like eating a slice of white bread in the US is throwing them into a diabetic coma. If we're going to poke fun at the people that can't physically be in the same room as a peeled carrot, lets not get all melodramatic about bread.

It's a way of signaling your class and cultural capital, that you have the right tastes, aesthetics and preferences, like knowing that you're only supposed to eat steak rare. Not that that makes it wrong, of course.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

It's a way of signaling your class and cultural capital, that you have the right tastes, aesthetics and preferences, like knowing that you're only supposed to eat steak rare. Not that that makes it wrong, of course.

Or pretending raclette is fancy when it's just swiss cheez whiz

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

bigman.50grand posted:

Breadchat is incredibly sad because apparently European cakes taste like bread and that means nobody in Europe has ever enjoyed a delicious birthday cake or even a celebratory Cookiepuss.

I'm sorry Europe.

Yea seriously, if you think our bread is cake, wait till you try Real American Cake :911:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pick posted:

Who says raclette in fancy? It's instagrammable but that's about it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm so American I gave up cake and just have a huge bowl of sugar for desert.

I'm hoping to get to the point that i can just sit down and eat the whole bag.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Panfilo posted:

For those curious, Mexican bread is sweet. It is often magenta or cyan colored, and is more of a breakfast pastry you have with coffee. Pretty much a cake donut in its own way.

its the same reason people jack off about how they like their food so spicy, the Asian people they order food from are so impressed that a whitey like them can handle how spicy their real Asian food is

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Does Europe have ice cream cake? (Is this A/T?)

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Pick posted:

Petit-bourgeois-fancy at best

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Does Europe have ice cream cake? (Is this A/T?)

Yeah, but it doesn't have any sugar in it.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Yeah, but it doesn't have any sugar in it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Cake is a form of bread, so who cares of your bread is cake?

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i like bread/cake chat because i genuinely didn't know there's a legit difference between the breads. like, i've been to italy and france and had both store-bought and homemade bread in both places, and it didn't seem meaningfully different from american bread and now i'm kinda starting to worry that dodging the goon curse of face-blindness has balanced out by my tongue having bread-blindness. is uk bread more like italy bread than america bread?

also, i've never heard angel food cake being used as bread until this thread, so i don't know how that fits in there

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Sourdough supremacy.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Okay but what about 3 bags within 1 bag?
Now you're just making stuff up.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Zereth posted:

Now you're just making stuff up.

You have caught me. I am sorry, friend :(

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
“Woah, the bad marketing thread is blowing up. Must be a heinously bad campiaign...oh never mind, someone just mentioned a food opinion on SA.”

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

But I don't have the dough.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM2OTqKwaC8

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Shifty Nipples posted:

But I don't have the dough.

Please log off dad

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

The Merkinman posted:

who loving cares about the bread? other people eat jesus christ.

Exactly. Transubstantiation is the keto way to enjoy bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Every communion wafer I ever had was terrible and stupid and was basically ricepaper. I mean, it was the body of Christ, but it was also really bad.