Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Lol

Though they probably were less disgusted by your body and more wondering if you were homeless or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they were wondering if there was actually anyone in there or if it was coats all the way down

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

*holding flashlight under chin*

And when he got done taking of his coats, there was nothing but a clothes hanger whooOOOooo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ugliness is bad

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

muckswirler posted:

so the answer is no then. that's fine. go hang out on the beach in the evening in shorts and a t shirt. you can see the goosebumps from space. i mean marin has like over 100 frost days a year but yeah it definitely doesn't get cold.

oh no, frost

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A few winters ago the morning news show in San Jose did a report on a frozen over mud puddle.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

what i like his poems

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Sagebrush posted:

A few winters ago the morning news show in San Jose did a report on a frozen over mud puddle.

rude of them to call out you're poast history like that!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cat Face Joe posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cat Face Joe posted:

i imagine something more like a soaked piece of cardboard

j/k sagebrush!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i like black timbs and black hoodies

comfy boy season is the best season

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

MononcQc posted:

the only people who stay in shorts at or below freezing points are folks with hormone imbalances who can only feel heat, ladies going through menopause (pretty much same as last category), poor and homeless people who can't afford jackets, and dipshit tryhards who somehow equate "willingly freezing" with "display of courage" and are really into impressing random bystanders.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/393774549424013312

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the "stay in shorts" part is weird but when its 40F after winter everyone in places with real winters is wearing one layer or a light jacket at most

as opposed to the like 4 layers you're wearing when its under 0F and theres a wind chill

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rjmccall posted:

exposure to the local weather phenomena of my hometown is merely one contributing factor of many leading to my moral superiority

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

eschaton posted:

I have

it doesn’t get cold here

then again I’m from Chicago and I’m old so I know what that word actually means

:rolleyes:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

There’s a seasonal mud puddle along a loop on mt Diablo and I’m always a little happy to see it frozen over :shobon:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

/
        /
       /

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_5oYU-IsU

But cold

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/mholt6/status/1037810122603421696?s=19

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

please post in the official chrome 69 thread

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I am a proud Firefox user and lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

MononcQc posted:

the only people who stay in shorts at or below freezing points are folks with hormone imbalances who can only feel heat, ladies going through menopause (pretty much same as last category), poor and homeless people who can't afford jackets, and dipshit tryhards who somehow equate "willingly freezing" with "display of courage" and are really into impressing random bystanders.

in warm climate i impress random bystanders by wearing shorts in the summer and risking west nile virus and other mosquito borne illness

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

i hope you year round basketball short wearers all get frostbite at ocean beach on your fat little toes.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

this is me irl

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it me

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

there's nothing manlier than a man who doesn't get cold and is the only person wearing shorts in 50 degree weather on a windy beach because they're just so gosh darn manly.

for real though get that checked out cause you might have some hormonal issues going on your doctor should know about

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
it's much more impressive to wear a wool suit in the heat imho

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

my friend from northern Finland was like "i won't get cold because i'm used to much colder" and i was like "nah you'll adapt and then 50 will feel cold" and sure enough his first bay area winter he was like "ok i'm cold," so your dumb chicago excuse is dumb and youre dumb hth

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
it takes less than two years to acclimate yeah

unless it's the heat, then you need to have been thoroughly exposed in your first ~18 months to develop your sweat glands properly

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

unless it's the heat, then you need to have been thoroughly exposed in your first ~18 months to develop your sweat glands properly

so what's your excuse then

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
oh it doesn't come up i don't go outside ever

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i sweat gallons just going out to get the mail, good to know it's totally and only because i was a babby in florida heat and has nothing to do with being overweight and out of shape

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i've always been in good shape but growing up was noticeably sweattier than all my friends. i guess now i know it was because i was born in atlanta and moved to pittsburgh in 1st grade

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

crabrock posted:

my friend from northern Finland was like "i won't get cold because i'm used to much colder" and i was like "nah you'll adapt and then 50 will feel cold" and sure enough his first bay area winter he was like "ok i'm cold," so your dumb chicago excuse is dumb and youre dumb hth

i grew up in rural alberta so i was super used to the cold

then i moved to toronto and now i'm a baby at -20°C but also still can't handle the >35°C (with humidex) temps here in the summer :(

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ate all the Oreos posted:

i sweat gallons just going out to get the mail, good to know it's totally and only because i was a babby in florida heat and has nothing to do with being overweight and out of shape

lol, the old wives tale above is that you are better capable of handling heat if you grew up near it

so iow ur fat

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
actually i still handle winter way better than locals so maybe it's just humid cold being worse than dry cold

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my body also regulates temperature

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

weather happening again, one sec

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

okay it calmed down, just some classic weather

temperatures and barometrics, you know? good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
really i think NZ has this weather poo poo all figured out, min 0 to max 20°C across the year

loving nice