Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

lmao even cops that try to act like a GOOD ONE get real loving defensive when cops walk into a random apartment and accidentlly kill someone the same way that I sometimes approach the wrong car in a parking lot

that's because All Cops Are Bastards

yes even that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Flikken posted:

You all know there is a middle ground between ACAB and Thin Blue Line right?

no he doesn't

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
And lol at trying to use wedding bombings as an insult as if we all just leap blindly to the defense of are troops and warcrimes around here

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

lmao even cops that try to act like a GOOD ONE get real loving defensive when cops walk into a random apartment and accidentlly kill someone the same way that I sometimes approach the wrong car in a parking lot

Try reading what I actually wrote if you can even manage that

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Why are you so mad?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hey, uh, we have dumber things to argue over I think.

Here, like this President that just said this book must be a scam, because I don't say dumb things, if I said dumb things, I wouldn't have become President

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1038027233519001600

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

"why is this being treated as a discipline matter"

"It's not it looks like it's being treated as a criminal manner"

"wow acab"

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

mods changed my name posted:

Why are you so mad?

I get unreasonably angry and depressed every September I think I'm gonna take a little break now

sorry about the wedding thing

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey, uh, we have dumber things to argue over I think.

Here, like this President that just said this book must be a scam, because I don't say dumb things, if I said dumb things, I wouldn't have become President

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1038027233519001600

"I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything....Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything."

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hey! Jack is one of the "good ones"! You fuckers leave him alone

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Right, so, you do understand why, however misguided or unfair that it may be, that people leap to those conclusions, right? How do you, personally, feel that that sort of reaction could be changed?

Personally, I think step one is to do away with the militarization of the police, the war on drugs and to bring back and seriously implement the study of white supremacist infiltration of departments as well as probably national requirements / standards for who qualifies to wear a badge.

I'm just throwing stuff out there but I'm sure you'll just call me names or something really cool.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Smiling Jack posted:

I get unreasonably angry and depressed every September I think I'm gonna take a little break now

sorry about the wedding thing

Hey that's fair, I always get super bummed out in the summer for no particular reason. I hate it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

I’m not owned, I scream, as I turn into a corncob.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

no you weren't

Tbh the mega defensive bitch baby mode I guess you are contractually obligated to enter anytime someone slings a little mud on your chosen career just highlights that “Even the good ones” which I assume you are, are just as big a part of the problem as “The bad ones”. Your go bomb a whatever comment is a false equivalence because I dare say if the air force bombed a school tomorrow the vast majority of the airmen that post in this thread would be talking about what a poo poo show the air force is.

Namaste or something.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as if anybody needs a reason to talk about what a shitshow their personal branch is

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

So lately I've been trying to learn more about the economy and capitalism and general, and my god people who live and breathe wall-street 24/8 all feel so dis-connected from reality.

Case in point, this gem of an article.

Trump has set economic growth on fire. Here is how he did it

This particular quote so lol worthy

quote:

But even they acknowledge that the current numbers are a uniquely Trumpian achievement and not owed to policies already set in motion when he took office.

"I still believe the big story this year is an economic boom that most folks thought impossible," Larry Kudlow, chairman of the National Economic Council and a chief advisor to Trump, said in a recent interview with CNBC.com. "I understand that he's been in for a year and a half, but when you look at those numbers, this is not going away."

Indeed, the economy does seem to be on fire, and it's fairly easy to draw a straight line from Trump's policies to the current trends.

First of all, that moron has nothing to do with the booming economy and anyone who even suggests such as thing immediately has their opinion invalidated. His stupid tax cut was paul ryans wet dream, and companies are using that to enrich themselves with stock by backs with no savings or investment of their own.

However, just what does a "booming" economy even mean? Yea companies are making record profits, everyone has "jobs" but what the gently caress is a job if it is part time, 0 benefits, and people have 0 savings and thus no cushion when the next downturn hits? I mean jesus loving christ here is a quote from the same goddamn article.

quote:

His critics don't believe it will last. They figure the current boom will begin petering out as soon as mid-2019 and possibly end in recession in 2020.

"This is temporary. In fact it's raising the odds of recession on the other side," said Mark Zandi, Moody's Analytics chief economist. "The economy is now more cyclical because of the stimulus. You're doing a lot of near-term growth, but you're setting up for a tough time on the other side of it. That's why most economists think we have a recession in 2020, because of these policies."

Maybe I am completely wrong, and the author is right, and Trump is some sort of economic genius. On the other hand, maybe I am right, the next economic crash will be spectacular and will be tied directly to Republican de-regulation and fuckery. And this time we can toss everyone in wall-street in prison where they belong. And analysts such as Jeff Cox can be out of a job.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
A couple decades of low pay, us vs them culture war victim complex and nearly unchecked power have given us a bunch of people who shouldn't be in charge of selling hotdogs, let alone given the authority to take a life

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

you can gently caress right off also you self righteous shitbird because at no point did I defend the officer, her actions or her department

man gently caress everything I'm loving done

gently caress the cops gently caress the bosses gently caress the incompetent da who can only convict the innocent gently caress the defense attorneys who let their clients rot on rikers for three years gently caress the judges who came straight from traffic court gently caress the twelve people dumb enough to not get out of jury duty who don't like to make judgements gently caress the pandering tough on crime legislators gently caress the prisons gently caress the witness and you know what gently caress the loving victims all they do is loving die on me gently caress this whole loving place I'm loving out

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

A couple decades of low pay, us vs them culture war victim complex and nearly unchecked power have given us a bunch of people who shouldn't be in charge of selling hotdogs, let alone given the authority to take a life

But enough about wall street

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Smiling Jack if the September depression thing you said is true and you're really this upset at uh internet forums people, I hope that you see if there is any mental health resources available to you (if you haven't done so already)

I've been through some poo poo and made a lot of terrible decisions in various states of depression and fortunately I'm not terribly bad off for it (like I'm not in jail or anything) and with how stressful police work can truly be it leads me to be legit concerned for you and possibly people that you interact with. Have a good and safe weekend my dude.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
low pay? wall street?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
reminder that all she has to do is say the magic cop words "i feared for my life" to get away with it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

you can gently caress right off also you self righteous shitbird because at no point did I defend the officer, her actions or her department

gently caress the cops gently caress the bosses gently caress the incompetent da who can only convict the innocent gently caress the defense attorneys who let their clients rot on rikers for three years gently caress the judges who came straight from traffic court gently caress the twelve people dumb enough to not get out of jury duty who don't like to make judgements gently caress the pandering tough on crime legislators gently caress the prisons gently caress the witness and you know what gently caress the loving victims all they do is loving die on me gently caress this whole loving place I'm loving out

Don't leave. Visit the dogs thread for a bit. I know it helps me. Sorry September is a hard month, my dude. I think most of us can relate.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Smiling Jack posted:

Sir this is a tim Hortons drive thru

As the police I'm sure you are very familiar with it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Sir this is a tim Hortons drive thru

As the police I'm sure you are very familiar with it.

Hrm

Sees guy who has already mentioned how bad this particular month is for him melt down

"Perfect. Now to poke him once more"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

let's drop the whole thing about smiling jack please

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Smiling Jack posted:

Welcome to the #resistance

Also don't leave I like hearing your point of view in spite of the oft ACAB sentiments.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i dont' get why people look up to athletes when marines are our real heroes

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

i dont' get why people look up to athletes when marines are our real heroes

Oooh is that Oswald?

Muy bene.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

MA-Horus posted:

Oooh is that Oswald?

Muy bene.

Charles Whitman.

Edit: Wow, GIS changed its mind. Thanks for making me look stupid, GIS.

McNally fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 7, 2018

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Rhymenoserous posted:

Tbh the mega defensive bitch baby mode I guess you are contractually obligated to enter anytime someone slings a little mud on your chosen career just highlights that “Even the good ones” which I assume you are, are just as big a part of the problem as “The bad ones”. Your go bomb a whatever comment is a false equivalence because I dare say if the air force bombed a school tomorrow the vast majority of the airmen that post in this thread would be talking about what a poo poo show the air force is.

Namaste or something.

Who the gently caress are you?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

Namaste or something.

Shep hasn’t posted for a long time, hope this helps.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

McNally posted:

Who the gently caress are you?

Does one need some sort of credentials to post here?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

mods changed my name posted:

Does one need some sort of credentials to post here?

yes and i'm the INSPECTOR (OF) KREDENTIALS

please post your kredentials for inspection tia

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

yes and i'm the INSPECTOR (OF) KREDENTIALS

please post your kredentials for inspection tia

Of course sir

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

Oooh is that Oswald?

Muy bene.

its oswald

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Shep hasn’t posted for a long time, hope this helps.

Good. gently caress that fash.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
He's too busy running his blog heh heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hi guys. This page really sucks. Please add some content before I start hitting people. Thanks.

• Locked thread