Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I never did because I never really needed to up my attack or give myself more elemental protection, I just used the other systems in the game for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Mister Facetious posted:

I'm not the one that put it in the game. That was Nintendo's intention and vision.

You make it sound like a job though. Whatever you need is right around you, even those stupid fire lizards. Nintendo's intention was for you to find whatever you needed whichever way you went, that's why seeds and shrines are everywhere. They don't want you frustrated not being able to get the extra weapons or stamina if you want to get them, this is a game for kids.

You can run to gerudo, straight from the plateau and kill the blue hinox and red lynel on the way with the weapons you'll have with no extra inventory slots or hearts. It'll be "hard," but Zelda needed challenge in it's fights for once. I died more on the plateau than in the entire rest of the 3d series (2d too OP) combined.

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I never did because I never really needed to up my attack or give myself more elemental protection, I just used the other systems in the game for that.

Try 3 heart no stamina run, gerudo veil for extra style is my favorite, you'll be doing a lot more cooking for lynels when they can knock you in 1.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nah I'll just kill Lynels when I need to upgrade my clothes and avoid otherwise

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

In MHGU there's a Lagombi in the one star guild quests.

I beat him though, it was easy when I made the Red Stripe. It doesn't have green sharpness, but I think it's significantly faster than any of the other Great Swords available at this point

Ah okay, yeah I don't remember needing anything special on them, and I was also maining greatsword at the time. Now I'm playing Valor Dual Blades and it's AWESOME.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
higher tier lynels do have too much health imo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bushisms.txt posted:

You make it sound like a job though. Whatever you need is right around you, even those stupid fire lizards. Nintendo's intention was for you to find whatever you needed whichever way you went, that's why seeds and shrines are everywhere. They don't want you frustrated not being able to get the extra weapons or stamina if you want to get them, this is a game for kids.

You can run to gerudo, straight from the plateau and kill the blue hinox and red lynel on the way with the weapons you'll have with no extra inventory slots or hearts. It'll be "hard," but Zelda needed challenge in it's fights for once. I died more on the plateau than in the entire rest of the 3d series (2d too OP) combined.

Try 3 heart no stamina run, gerudo veil for extra style is my favorite, you'll be doing a lot more cooking for lynels when they can knock you in 1.

why bother when i can get twenty hearts for free and spin to win since two handed weapons do the most damage

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Looper posted:

higher tier lynels do have too much health imo

Only the crushers really. Every other lynel is stupid easy once you know their patterns. The spear and sword dudes are free loot and exercise. gently caress the crusher lynels. Even with parrying, you're always a second from getting wrecked. You really have to watch your spacing and be on your cancelling, cause they switch up animations constantly.

Mister Facetious posted:

why bother when i can get twenty hearts for free and spin to win since two handed weapons do the most damage

Because that's what bayo is for, feeling free while styling on fools. .

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I want to get Bayonetta, but there's just so many games.

Too many games... :sigh:

I'd wish I was unemployed, but then I wouldn't be able to buy the games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mister Facetious posted:

Make the money to buy the games then quit your job and go homeless to play the video games. "But Policenaut, where will I play the video games if I don't have a home?" you ask, but remember Switch is portable!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mister Facetious posted:

The Gamer's Paradox

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Become so rich you no longer need to work for a living and thus can game all the time. Be ware of dropping your glasses or atrophying muscles and the phrase "but there was time now"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Make the money to buy the games then quit your job and go homeless to play the video games. "But Policenaut, where will I play the video games if I don't have a home?" you ask, but remember Switch is portable!

Hmmm... :thunk:

Nintendo Switch; the... perfect console for the Proletariat?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I need to finish Blossom Tales and Picross so I can try out Dead Cells, Into The Breach, and Broforce...

Indie Devs and Third Parties please stop making games for the rest of the year. Nintendo please delay Smash to next summer tyvm

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

If it makes you feel better Guy, I watched the video.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

Speaking of Yooka-Laylee, physical copy orders are up at Limited Run

I was a kickstarter backer and I have a 10% discount code I can use to buy the physical game today only. I'm not going to. If any goon wants to try the code, PM me. No guarantee it will work for someone else, but I also don't want to blast it all over the internet.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Mega64 posted:

I need to finish Blossom Tales and Picross so I can try out Dead Cells, Into The Breach, and Broforce...

Indie Devs and Third Parties please stop making games for the rest of the year. Nintendo please delay Smash to next summer tyvm

Dead Cells is nuts, I've clocked in like 15 hours and have but a fraction of the items unlocked. It's good tho

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm not sure if I can buy any games for the rest of the year.
Hyrule Warriors, MonHun GU and Divinity 2 are just gonna eat up all my game time until Smash.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

I'm not sure if I can buy any games for the rest of the year.
Hyrule Warriors, MonHun GU and Divinity 2 are just gonna eat up all my game time until Smash.

This is the sequel to 2011 classic In Time I want to see.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I am well past the point that just my Wii U, 3ds, and Switch backlog could carry me for years. Throw in PC and I probably wouldn't actually need to buy a game ever again

Barudak
May 7, 2007

For everyone with massive backlogs you could instead be me who has played all I want of every game I own and as such live riding the edge of weekly new releases.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have LEGO City as well!

rear end!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgerdGijF4

The new mario party honestly seems... good?

- No car
- Boards are much smaller than usual
- Stars only cost 10 coins, items only cost 5-10
- There's a good amount of items that let you steal stars/coins
- Every character has their own specific dice they can roll instead of the standard dice block, if they so choose. Shy Guy's is a 0 and then nothing but 4s, instead of the 1-6 progression of a standard block, Bowser's is Lose 3 Coins, Lose 3 coins, 1, 7, 8, 9, for instance.
- You can get characters that weren't picked as buddies via items and certain spaces, or winning certain minigames, and that lets you use their dice
- Only two stars are given away at the end

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Barudak posted:

For everyone with massive backlogs you could instead be me who has played all I want of every game I own and as such live riding the edge of weekly new releases.

Or me who can only get hard by playing the newest overly hyped title and can't derive any pleasure from anything older than a year.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bleck posted:

Part Time UFO is good.

Good man

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This seems like an incredibly stupid question and a no-brainer, but Mario Party will have online multiplayer, right?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

I'm not the one that put it in the game. That was Nintendo's intention and vision.

lmao who are you copying this line from

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RCarr posted:

This seems like an incredibly stupid question and a no-brainer, but Mario Party will have online multiplayer, right?

Oh of course not. Just an online mini game best of five round up with leaderboards, not the actual board game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oh of course not. Just an online mini game best of five round up with leaderboards, not the actual board game.

I’m hoping they maybe announce more for online but I feel like that’ll probably be it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo loving up online more than expected

https://twitter.com/GameXplain/status/1038130216592232448?s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Incredible.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I feel like this is probably the right amount to avoid people rage quitting. But still... a loving travesty we won't be able to play the board game with friends.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

RCarr posted:

lol

lol
Okay technically it does, but not for the way you want it to

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Astro7x posted:

I feel like this is probably the right amount to avoid people rage quitting. But still... a loving travesty we won't be able to play the board game with friends.
I would never expect or want to play Mario Party with randos.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

American McGay posted:

I would never expect or want to play Mario Party with randos.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

God drat it Nintendo. How could a single person think this was a defensible idea?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

That's fair, no other online shooters have ever supported cloud saves

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
"Here at Nintendo, we're proud to be providing an online service that you have to pay for. We took a long hard look at our old service and realized there are some thing we needed to change. Namely, you weren't paying for it. We think you'll really feel the full, community experience now that you are giving us money."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fawf posted:

But don't most online shooters save the user profile and stats entirely online?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
So Mario party doesn't support pro controller or a proper online mode (with friends or random). Quality Nintendo products at work, folks.

Fawf posted:

This post doesn't make any sense to me. Watchu mean, homie and why would it matter if other shooters didn't have cloud saving?

I'm pretty sure plenty of them do keep your stats across machines/consoles, but I could be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fawf posted:

I honestly don't even know what a Splatoon 2 save entails anyway. Isn't all that stuff tied to my online account? If I accidentally break my Switch and buy a new one and pop in Splatoon 2 is my ranking reset? What about my gear?

• Locked thread