Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

El Patron posted:

Rappaport just said Wentz could be out until October.

whatever. heal up, buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

BiggerBoat posted:

Having Elliott for a full season too. I hate the loving Cowboys but they still went 9-7 last year and Dak has another year under him. They didn't suck last year.

I'm not sure how much Elliot matters as they got a similar performance from Alfred Morris. What definitely matters is that offensive line anchoring the team and providing Dak a safe place to throw the ball and a potent run game. The defense was injured and fragmented last year which may not be the case this year, and they've got some good young players.

I agree with you though, I hope to god there's some big collapse brewing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Dak kinda sucks actually so I hope he sticks around for a long rear end time

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm gonna make crabby snacks and homemades and get super drunk. Probably pregame with an episode of It's Always Sunny.

It will help me forget that Boston, where I am now, is a pretend city that tries to be colonial, cutting edge, and working class at the same time but settles for cold, alcoholic and racist.

Bill Burr described Boston as a super racist, east coast San Francisco and I think that fits.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Bill Burr described Boston as a super racist, east coast San Francisco and I think that fits.

oooo that's loving cold and absolutely spot on

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

El Patron posted:

Rappaport just said Wentz could be out until October.

94 WIP in philly reporting the same thing. Game delayed by lightning too. I wanted to see the banner go up but my rear end has to get up at 4am so we'll see. Do they do it at halftime or before kickoff?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
gently caress the Cowboys, forever and ever, Amen. Happy football season everyone else in the NFCE.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Eagles can't play in the rain, they cried to Goodell and he said ok delay the game

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Doltos posted:

Eagles can't play in the rain, they cried to Goodell and he said ok delay the game

Weak.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Play posted:

drat, that's huge

Stop looking at Nick's hog

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

SF is pretty darn racist

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

e wrong thread

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We were lucky to pull that one out, thank you run game. Ertz??? Where are your hands Ertz??

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Ertz was salty about not getting any looks in the first half so he rage dropped all his passes in the second.

Seriously though Eagles had lights out defense and that owns. Special teams had two dumbass penalties they didn’t show and a stupid punt fumble so that sucked. Offense was MIA until the end of the game but hey they scored when it mattered and I think they’ll figure poo poo out.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

philadelphia eagles the only perfect record in the nfl

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

Ertz was salty about not getting any looks in the first half so he rage dropped all his passes in the second.

Seriously though Eagles had lights out defense and that owns. Special teams had two dumbass penalties they didn’t show and a stupid punt fumble so that sucked. Offense was MIA until the end of the game but hey they scored when it mattered and I think they’ll figure poo poo out.

Not even going off on Foles (he’s the problem), that game was loving sloppy. How many stupid penalties did we commit that kept the Falcons moving? Too many. Pederson has a few weeks to right the ship but man if that wasn’t mediocre football we saw today. Defense mostly good but the offense needs balance!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Doltos posted:

Giants will be 14-2 this year the Eagles will be 2-14 starting with tonights win

LethalGeek posted:

This is the best you could come up with? Wow

very stable genius posted:

This isn’t even a good troll

Be warned Morons of Philadelphia, my prophecies shall not be taken lightly

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah morons of philly, be scared. The rest of us can safely ignore him.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
lol they ran philly special again

Play
Apr 25, 2006

axeil posted:

That wasn't philly special it was snapped to foles. Come on man

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is the year the dallas defense will finally not be absolute poo poo under Garrett and Romo will lead the team to victory!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

axeil posted:

Between this and some guy saying Julio is washed up (after clowning every philly DB and watching ducks get thrown his way. Dude should’ve had two TDs) you guys are just lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m revising the eagles to 10-6. Thought that was a loss last night

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Looked to me like the DBs were playing such soft coverage on Julio so he wouldn’t house us. It was definitely weird to me!

Also, was very encouraged by what I saw of Goedert. Rookie mistakes (tap the toes, brace for impact down the middle) but overall you see the talent.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 7, 2018

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Watch the misthrow by Ryan on Julio’s double move. He destroyed that CB. But he’s Julio Jones so like all but 1 or 2 CBs lose there

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
The Eagles scored more points and won because they are a better team than Atlanta even with their backup QB in and #1 receiver out.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

I’m revising the eagles to 10-6. Thought that was a loss last night

That game was brutal. NFL needs to do something about incessant penalty calling for sure. About half the time anymore, I'm utterly bored watching a full game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Halftime was at 10:30
It was horrendous

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

BiggerBoat posted:

That game was brutal. NFL needs to do something about incessant penalty calling for sure. About half the time anymore, I'm utterly bored watching a full game.

I didnt really see any egregious penalties apart from the roughing the passer one on Chris Long. I might have missed some, there were a lot of penalites but they all seemed fairly legit.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

I didnt really see any egregious penalties apart from the roughing the passer one on Chris Long. I might have missed some, there were a lot of penalites but they all seemed fairly legit.

The roughing they called because the one Atlanta lineman didn't defy the law of gravity after sacking Foles was a bit eh too.

Plus the Julio non-catch.

It was a C- at best from those refs.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

axeil posted:

The roughing they called because the one Atlanta lineman didn't defy the law of gravity after sacking Foles was a bit eh too.

Plus the Julio non-catch.

It was a C- at best from those refs.

Ah yeah the tackle on Foles was a bit BS,

I was just talking about penalties tbf not reffing in general.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Well Foles looked like poo poo and Wentz is still out for a month or two and we barely beat a team that ran the same identical play three times in 5 downs on the goal line but I think we can still go 13-3 with another superbowl

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Doltos posted:

Well Foles looked like poo poo and Wentz is still out for a month or two and we barely beat a team that ran the same identical play three times in 5 downs on the goal line but I think we can still go 13-3 with another superbowl

Can’t wait to see the follow up to this post after the giants lose on Sunday.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Nah there were quite a few ridiculous calls. The calls that were the worst by far were the PIs, it's like the refs would see some/any contact downfield then throw the flag and flip a coin to decide whether it was DPI or OPI. Usually it was DPI but it was seriously out of control, tons of plays the tiniest incidental contact resulted in a flag when really it was just tight, sticky coverage.

That stuffing rule is stupid too. I can't believe they made a rule that is going to slow down the game and make it less watchable for the sake of ONE player. The NFL is trying to protect it's money by protecting star quarterbacks but they're also making the game less watchable. Fuckin bitch rear end Rodgers, gently caress you and your collarbone

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

very stable genius posted:

Can’t wait to see the follow up to this post after the giants lose on Sunday.

This is uncalled for trash talk

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

What was the deal in (I think it was) the 2nd quarter, the Falcons jumped offsides on D and rather than having a free play, the refs blew it dead? It wasn't unabated to the QB. The radio announcer said they're going to call it more like this to protect Qb's but that's the first I heard of it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

BiggerBoat posted:

What was the deal in (I think it was) the 2nd quarter, the Falcons jumped offsides on D and rather than having a free play, the refs blew it dead? It wasn't unabated to the QB. The radio announcer said they're going to call it more like this to protect Qb's but that's the first I heard of it.

Commentators were saying free plays weren't going to happen this year.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

On the one hand it really annoys me when Rodgers puppets people into giving him a free shot downfield but on the other hand those plays are pretty exciting and now they're going to be a flag and a boring stoppage in play.

That's two poo poo new rules that Rodgers is to blame for

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Hey you gotta balance the game somehow, can’t buff Rodgers in one area without nerfing him in another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Regarding the officiating, there were 26 penalties last night. Last year only one game had more than 24. Then again, like someone else said, I didn't see any penalty calls I thought were bullshit so i guess it was just that sloppy.