Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Infinitum posted:

There is also a Kickstarter up atm for a book cataloguing Vanilla WoW's development.
So if you're a bit of a gaming history buff, and a warcraft fan, this will probably be a good pickup.

I haven't played WoW since the first expansion and while I would love to play an MMO again there is no time for that poo poo in my life, but this is really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1038110080858615808

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgL5yZ-O9vA

every time i come back to dynamite headdy's ost it's still the best ost on the mega drive

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The Colonel posted:

every time i come back to dynamite headdy's ost it's still the best ost on the mega drive

:yeah:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

lol humble monthly is so bad now

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1038112137229426689

efb but whatever this is so stupid

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

haveblue posted:

It was a really long time ago, but IIRC when you defeat Diablo it's revealed that that Diablo was also an old adventurer with the stone jammed in his head and that's the only way to contain his soul and keep him from fully manifesting.

Diablo was possessing Prince Albrecht. I guess the plan was that instead of just being the devil and turning the world into a devil kingdom, he could pretend to be human and rule over a human kingdom, which would have the advantages of

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

haveblue posted:

It was a really long time ago, but IIRC when you defeat Diablo it's revealed that that Diablo was also an old adventurer with the stone jammed in his head and that's the only way to contain his soul and keep him from fully manifesting. So your character, because he's such a noble self-sacrificing hero, decides to become the next one and protect the world from Diablo for another couple of decades. Until his will falters and someone else has to go on a quest to kill him, which is what happens in Diablo 2.

it was a combination of this and good ol' fashioned "oh i'm clearly stronger than the guy before me, i definitely can contain it" hubris

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

plus what else are you going to do with a big glowing pointy rock you found but jam it in your forehead jeez

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lol humble monthly is so bad now

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1038112137229426689

efb but whatever this is so stupid

$12 would be an alright price for overwatch, were it not for them still having loot boxes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

...I honestly forgot that Overwatch wasn't a F2P game.

I guess it still sells for $40 on the Blizzard site so this is actually a good deal for people

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Really Pants posted:

Diablo was possessing Prince Albrecht. I guess the plan was that instead of just being the devil and turning the world into a devil kingdom, he could pretend to be human and rule over a human kingdom, which would have the advantages of

Hundreds of years ago Diablo and his main bros were imprisoned in soulstones by the Horadrim. They figured out that the Lords of Hell would just keep coming back if they killed them outright, so kept their essences bound within magic crystals that would keep them from rematerializing. As it turns out this was an imperfect plan, and over time the soulstones began to lose their grip on the Prime Evils. Diablo was the first to break free and manipulated the Archbishop Lazarus with mind magic into convincing King Leoric to build his kingdom in Tristram near the monastery where he was imprisoned. Over time he eventually possessed King Leoric's and sought to use him as a vessel to re-enter the world. When the hero of Tristram kills Diablo, the soulstone is left behind and about to break open with purestrain Diablo, so thinking quickly he sticks it into his forehead with the hope of containing him for some time, like how Tal'Rasha had to do with Baal's soulstone. This doesn't work, and we get Diablo 2.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I started firing up the PS4 to download Spider-Man, and realised I just can't be hosed with how slow the PSN is any more. So I ordered a physical copy. It'll arrive tomorrow but probably still faster than a download would be. I'm going back to discs for the PS4 I think.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Hundreds of years ago Diablo and his main bros were imprisoned in soulstones by the Horadrim. They figured out that the Lords of Hell would just keep coming back if they killed them outright, so kept their essences bound within magic crystals that would keep them from rematerializing. As it turns out this was an imperfect plan, and over time the soulstones began to lose their grip on the Prime Evils. Diablo was the first to break free and manipulated the Archbishop Lazarus with mind magic into convincing King Leoric to build his kingdom in Tristram near the monastery where he was imprisoned. Over time he eventually possessed King Leoric's son and sought to use him as a vessel to re-enter the world. When the hero of Tristram kills Diablo, the soulstone is left behind and about to break open with purestrain Diablo, so thinking quickly he sticks it into his forehead with the hope of containing him for some time, like how Tal'Rasha had to do with Baal's soulstone. This doesn't work, and we get Diablo 2.

i'm operating on half-remembered reading of the manual 25 years ago but i also think that diablo, being the lord of terror and all, drove albrecht from his bed with nightmares down to the bottom floor of the cathedral where the soulstone is whereupon he slammajams that sweet sweet rock right into his forehead

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

everybody's doing it what are you gonna be the only person in the diablo universe not to smash a prime evil right into the old frontal lobe

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

10 Ways Millennials are RUINING Soulstones! (#8 had me slammajammed)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The hero Zoltan Kulle made the best soul stone to save the world and then millennial Leah came in and smashed it up.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

For all of Humble's faults at least they're not doing this

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

every day i wake up and open palm slap a soulstone into my forehead it's diablo the prime evil etc. etc.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The Colonel posted:

factual statement

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just put the soulstones in a bag or something

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgerdGijF4

The new mario party honestly seems... good?

- No car
- Boards are much smaller than usual
- Stars only cost 10 coins, items only cost 5-10
- There's a good amount of items that let you steal stars/coins
- Every character has their own specific dice they can roll instead of the standard dice block, if they so choose. Shy Guy's is a 0 and then nothing but 4s, instead of the 1-6 progression of a standard block, Bowser's is Lose 3 Coins, Lose 3 coins, 1, 7, 8, 9, for instance.
- You can get characters that weren't picked as buddies via items and certain spaces, or winning certain minigames, and that lets you use their dice
- Only two stars are given away at the end

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm sure it will still be capable of destroying friendships.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Really Pants posted:

just put the soulstones in a bag or something

what is the human skull if not a stiff, brittle kind of bag

al-azad
May 28, 2009

IMPORTANT QUESTION: What form does the puff puff take in DQXI?

McDragon posted:

I started firing up the PS4 to download Spider-Man, and realised I just can't be hosed with how slow the PSN is any more. So I ordered a physical copy. It'll arrive tomorrow but probably still faster than a download would be. I'm going back to discs for the PS4 I think.

Put the PS4 in standby. Downloads occur at realistic speed that way.

Endorph posted:

- No car
- Every character has their own specific dice they can roll instead of the standard dice block, if they so choose. Shy Guy's is a 0 and then nothing but 4s, instead of the 1-6 progression of a standard block, Bowser's is Lose 3 Coins, Lose 3 coins, 1, 7, 8, 9, for instance.
- You can get characters that weren't picked as buddies via items and certain spaces, or winning certain minigames, and that lets you use their dice

Clearly the staff at Nintendo are now skewing younger so someone who probably had nostalgia of Mario Party N64 is like "why the gently caress do we keep making this gimmicky bullshit game even more gimmicky and bullshit?"

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

al-azad posted:

Put the PS4 in standby. Downloads occur at realistic speed that way.

Oh, will have to remember that, thanks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also close any open games and apps, makes a huge difference for me.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

al-azad posted:

IMPORTANT QUESTION: What form does the puff puff take in DQXI?

It’s not mind blowing but nobody should spoil this for themselves

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For all of Humble's faults at least they're not doing this

what is the difference between orange bitcoin and green bitcoin

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

etherium always makes me laugh because its also a currency in this daft ios game I play

haveblue posted:

Also close any open games and apps, makes a huge difference for me.

Oh, I always forget to do this. Thanks for the reminder.

To be fair it might have improved since I used it last. I just remembered the last time as it was booting up earlier and I just went ugh.

e: also I googled it and apparently orange bitcoin is the original and green is bitcoin cash but to be honest I still don't know

McDragon fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 7, 2018

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

what is the difference between orange bitcoin and green bitcoin
nothing, and everything

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

- No car

unironically excited to debate mario party tier lists

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Someone will reverse engineer Mario Party one day to find out that the way Hidden Mystery Blocks happen is that the game is self-aware of who is most deserving of one and who is not.

The game just knows.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

It’s not mind blowing but nobody should spoil this for themselves

Fine. DQ8 still has the best puff-puff but I'll just have to get DQXI and find room to play it inbetween... Spider-Man, God of War, and 98% of 2017's backlog.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

they hosed up mega man

https://i.imgur.com/ReDP73e.mp4

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what the gently caress

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's insanely funny to me that literally everything is the same except that one thing

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is this the end result of game companies hiring 20 year olds who never played an NES or Sega Genesis

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

this is hosed

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I can't agree with this design decision. It goes against everything Megaman is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idgi

• Locked thread