Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Extremely good boy. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
behold, the world's most cringey marketing video for a new amp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w15ylzohMS0

I really, really love my tubemeister but this whole campaign was clearly thought up by a middle-aged german man

edit: here are a lot of words and a block of perspex with some LEDS in it in order to avoid calling it a modelling amp

Concatenation fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 6, 2018

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
My god. There are no words.

The thread has officially jumped the shark.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

wait...

wait...

not yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgQ57Gv7W7k

okay now

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Concatenation posted:

behold, the world's most cringey marketing video for a new amp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w15ylzohMS0

I really, really love my tubemeister but this whole campaign was clearly thought up by a middle-aged german man

edit: here are a lot of words and a block of perspex with some LEDS in it in order to avoid calling it a modelling amp

idk I appreciate the sincere corny going on here, it’s fun!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

Is that... a dare?

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Friend of mine posted this. Ever wonder how fred durst remembers all those tricky lyrics?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnZ_ZoxF9Np/

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Concatenation posted:

Friend of mine posted this. Ever wonder how fred durst remembers all those tricky lyrics?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnZ_ZoxF9Np/

Hahahah, lord.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
In super-secret maybe true news, Henry Juszkiewicz has 'left' Gibson. I just heard it from two totally separate sources (one guy used to work there and another still does), take it with a large pinch of salt for now though.

Word is that this was one the last guitars that he was directly involved in, so you should grab it now for $4000, IT CAN ONLY GO UP IN VALUE!!!!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nice try, but I can spot a photoshop from a mile away.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
Huh, that was fast.
http://mmrmagazine.com/news/upfront/gibson-reaches-global-settlement-juszkiewicz-steps-down/

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I bet he also got a hefty separation package too

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spanish Manlove posted:

I bet he also got a hefty separation package too

I was told a few weeks ago that he was being paid a bonus to not 'interfere' in the business.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
I hate that the guy is essentially being rewarded for his complete and total incompetence, and quite frankly horrific taste in instruments, but I’m happy that at least that senile, delusional idiot has been removed from power.

Here’s to hoping the new guy is able to build guitars musicians actually want at price points actual human beings can afford.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

GreatGreen posted:

I hate that the guy is essentially being rewarded for his complete and total incompetence, and quite frankly horrific taste in instruments, but I’m happy that at least that senile, delusional idiot has been removed from power.
Corporate America is full of these guys and they are the reason 'golden parachute' is a commonly known phrase. (I'm sure you all can insert your own jokes about the president Juszkiewicz loves so dearly.)

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

Corporate America is full of these guys and they are the reason 'golden parachute' is a commonly known phrase. (I'm sure you all can insert your own jokes about the president Juszkiewicz loves so dearly.)

Yeah I realize Henry is far from the only one like him, but golden parachute or not, it’s still nice that he’s gone.

I wonder if the new guy will put a cap on the particularly absurd garbage Gibson is churning out these days, like that $6000 acoustic that only comes in lime green, or those $5000 gimmick Les Paul customs with Floyd roses and neon finishes.

I actually wonder if that’s part of the reason their prices are so high. Assuming they’re not just arbitrarily high because of psychological pricing, I wonder if Gibson is “forced” to jack up the prices of their sure-fire sellers to compensate for all their complete failures.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

GreatGreen posted:

Yeah I realize Henry is far from the only one like him, but golden parachute or not, it’s still nice that he’s gone.

I wonder if the new guy will put a cap on the particularly absurd garbage Gibson is churning out these days, like that $6000 acoustic that only comes in lime green, or those $5000 gimmick Les Paul customs with Floyd roses and neon finishes.

I actually wonder if that’s part of the reason their prices are so high. Assuming they’re not just arbitrarily high because of psychological pricing, I wonder if Gibson is “forced” to jack up the prices of their sure-fire sellers to compensate for all their complete failures.

Now I kind of want that lime-green J-45. Just as a stupid (and expensive) memento of H.J.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress that poo poo, give me a Gibson RD lefty, a truly stupid (and awesome) guitar.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Wark Say posted:

gently caress that poo poo, give me a Gibson RD lefty, a truly stupid (and awesome) guitar.

the RD looks like they stuffed a Firebird into a corset.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Get a Hagstrom Fantomen and you're 90% of the way there at half the price.

e: not sure if they make a lefty though

Pondex fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 7, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jason Sextro posted:

the RD looks like they stuffed a Firebird into a corset.
Oh my god, that's the best description of that guitar ever! :hfive:

Pondex posted:

Get a Hagstrom Fantomen and you're 90% of the way there at half the price.

e: not sure if they make a lefty though
Not from the looks of it. :(

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GreatGreen posted:

nah they're priced where they're at purely because of their aged and dying customer base

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
i like that gibsons are so ridiculously goddamn expensive, or i'd be tempted to get one
as it is i'm just seinfeld.gif

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
they actually do drop prices every few years (iirc the most recent drop was in 2015), and sales go to poo poo so they jack them back up and sales go back to normal

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

oh my god this complete dipshit went nuclear in the wampler group today, this is one of about 10 other insane huge comments

He makes a lot of salient points

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Imagine what it’s like for any woman who has ever discussed music with him lmao :suicide:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

"I won't waste my time" - man who posts wall of text into facebook

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The only group I'm subscribed to on facebook is the one where guys sell their extended-range guitars because holy hell that place is a smorgasbord of awesomely weird guitars/basses.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

Imagine what it’s like for any woman who has ever discussed music with him lmao :suicide:

i doubt his mom talks about music with him very often

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Oh my god, that's the best description of that guitar ever! :hfive:

Not from the looks of it. :(

https://www.guitar.co.uk/hagstrom-fantomen-left-handed-white

Looks like a limited christmas-run for 2018. Dunno if it's EU-only.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sacha Dunable will make you a lefty RD if you contact them. It'll be almost Gibson-esque price-wise:

https://dunableguitars.com/product/r2/

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I actually like Intronaut a whole lot, and I've seen what he rocks for guitars and now I'm intrigued.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
Dean Ween chimes in on that Metallica Prince "cover" - I can't disagree with him

"]

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

White Dog Eggs posted:

In super-secret maybe true news, Henry Juszkiewicz has 'left' Gibson. I just heard it from two totally separate sources (one guy used to work there and another still does), take it with a large pinch of salt for now though.

Word is that this was one the last guitars that he was directly involved in, so you should grab it now for $4000, IT CAN ONLY GO UP IN VALUE!!!!

What is that even supposed to be? A J160e with a mini humbucker? Don't they know that the only version of that anybody in the Gibson audience would ever buy is continuous recreations of the Beatles ones?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Fair Hallion posted:

Dean Ween chimes in on that Metallica Prince "cover" - I can't disagree with him

"]

If anyone would know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlDY7TOSHio

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Fair Hallion posted:

"]

People taking lovely doodles done off the cuff with minimal practice featuring a singer who very obviously cannot sing very well (and is well aware of that) extremely seriously never ceases to amuse me. They've been doing this for like a year now, but suddenly people are getting real mad because it's a song they like getting mangled for humor value for once

That said that was probably one of the worst takes out of them all and I mean, they did Take on Me very, very poorly a couple of months back so that's saying something

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Mickey gets a pass though. He’s earned the right to some bluster.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

See also exhibit "B"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuHoQ5yYlbI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HHMA1Dpo5M