Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you jump into a door in any Megaman game the screenscroll carries you into the next room while you're still in midair. Now he just stops dead in his tracks. Tragedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I thought Diablo in Diablo 1 was the King's son not King Leoric, what the hell guys

i want to play Spider Man but I have too many other games to play so it doesn't make sense to buy it :saddowns:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

suuma posted:

I thought Diablo in Diablo 1 was the King's son not King Leoric, what the hell guys

Yeah that's what we said!

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Oh I think maybe I can't read, carry on

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kill the franchise

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played the WiiU Mario Party at PAX to kill an hour with my friends at the end of one of the days and the fact that games are down to half an hour instead of being three hour slogs is amazing. If the price of that is the car then so be it.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

On a similar note I'm disappointed Bloodstained doesn't appear to let you pose after beating a boss like wtf

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I played the WiiU Mario Party at PAX to kill an hour with my friends at the end of one of the days and the fact that games are down to half an hour instead of being three hour slogs is amazing. If the price of that is the car then so be it.
they made the new mario party half an hour, and no car

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i survived working as an administrator during this university’s last day of add/drop and all i got was this brain hemorrhage

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If a Mario party doesn’t last at least two hours and result in everybody in the room hating each other, that Mario Party failed in its goal

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

suuma posted:

Oh I think maybe I can't read, carry on

Someone earlier did say it was the King, not his son, so you're reading is still all good and stuff.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

al-azad posted:

On a similar note I'm disappointed Bloodstained doesn't appear to let you pose after beating a boss like wtf

that's classicvania, though.

also hold up and she does jojo poses.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phantasium posted:

Shanoa did it first.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

she's legally distinct shanoa so it fits.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Whaaaat the fuuuck. They better bug that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1038138635630071809

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Phantasium posted:

Look don't give me a Castlevania 3 rear end game unless after beating a boss the game freezes on my pose, jojo or not.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The only part of Curse of the Moon I don't like is how I can't see the HP bar of bosses.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

al-azad posted:

Look don't give me a Castlevania 3 rear end game unless after beating a boss the game freezes on my pose, jojo or not.

Oh you were talking about Curse of the Moon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought they said Bloodborne which double confused me

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

if you call it bloodstained i'm going to think you're talking about the main game

if you call it cotm i'm going to think you're talking about Circle of the Moon

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

i played the new bishi bashi with my friends last weekend and cooperative warioware is something I wish there were more of

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Been playing Dragon Quest XI all day and this game is incredibly long. When you think you're nearing the end, a 180 happens on the story and DQXI's story goes super weird and part 2 is just as long. Hoping to finish this weekend so I can start on Shadow of the Tomb Raider when that releases next week.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the new fortnite mode is kinda cool, its like battle royale CTF. there's 4 jewels that spawn on the outside of the circle and 4 vans near the inside, and to win you just have to bring one to the other, but its still battle royale so there's 96 other players watching you do this and setting up ambushes and stuff

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Looper posted:

i played the new bishi bashi with my friends last weekend and cooperative warioware is something I wish there were more of

Wait what new Bishi Bashi

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm really enjoying Persona 5, but I've been checking a couple of guides for what I should do day-to-day and I'm worried that I'm behind where I should be. How strict is the game about maxing out your social links and your 5 stats (guts, knowledge, etc) before the end of the game? I don't wanna miss any cool story bits, I'm really liking the characters a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

I'm really enjoying Persona 5, but I've been checking a couple of guides for what I should do day-to-day and I'm worried that I'm behind where I should be. How strict is the game about maxing out your social links and your 5 stats (guts, knowledge, etc) before the end of the game? I don't wanna miss any cool story bits, I'm really liking the characters a lot.

I'm actually wondering this as well. I kinda want to start a new playthrough of Persona 5 because my first playthrough I didn't bother with the social links really.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Taintrunner posted:

I found it easier to max all the S. Links than previous titles (getting far in the Fortune link goes a long way), but maxing all of the social stats was a huge pain in the rear end and took far longer than I remember in other games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Taintrunner posted:

I did not follow a guide and maxed out all but one stat and two confidants. The only thing that got in the way was not knowing the stat gates for some of the later characters, otherwise I probably could have gotten them all.

This did require maximizing the Fortune confidant's booster abilities every single available time though

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Without a strict guide you'll probably miss out maxing one or two but not even by much. I couldn't finish the gun guy or Haru but was like level 7 in both.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steve Yun posted:

Wait what new Bishi Bashi

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I did not follow a guide and maxed out all but one stat and two confidants. The only thing that got in the way was not knowing the stat gates for some of the later characters, otherwise I probably could have gotten them all.

This did require maximizing the Fortune confidant's booster abilities every single available time though

Ah, cool! Thanks for all the tips guys. There's a couple characters I just don't give a single poo poo about (Ryuiji, Mishima) so I won't focus on them as much, but I just don't wanna feel like I'm under the gun.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

Ah, cool! Thanks for all the tips guys. There's a couple characters I just don't give a single poo poo about (Ryuiji, Mishima) so I won't focus on them as much, but I just don't wanna feel like I'm under the gun.

You want to put some focus on Ryuiji due to a certain late rank only activating on certain days. Out of curiosity how far are you into the game and what are your social stats?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Don't brush off Mishima because his support ability keeps your entire party evenly leveled.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

Maxing the fortune teller and your teacher is the easiest way to ensure you can max out everyone else. Their abilities are good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hunt11 posted:

You want to put some focus on Ryuiji due to a certain late rank only activating on certain days. Out of curiosity how far are you into the game and what are your social stats?

I'm on 6/9 (nice) and I got:
Prison Master @ 4
Morgana @ 3 (cat)
Sojiro Sakura @ 2 (dad)
Ann Takamaki @ 5 (blonde lady)
Ryuji Sakamoto @ 4 (blonde dude)
Back-alley Doctor @ 7 (the Plague who calls you guinea pig)
Sadayo Kawakami @ 2 (the teacher maid)
Yuuki Mishima @ 2 (the artist dude)
and Man of the People @ 3 (the politician)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
When I meant social stats I meant things like courage.
Anyway as a general advice for anyone in the thread,
Make sure to have as much high quality fertilizer as possible and keep your plant healthy for a boost to kindness.
Go to the baths on Mondays and Thursdays for charisma.
Only go to Mementos when you have three or four missions at minimum.
Don't worry about getting Platinum in one run as it is literally impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

I'm on 6/9 (nice) and I got:
Prison Master @ 4
Morgana @ 3 (cat)
Sojiro Sakura @ 2 (dad)
Ann Takamaki @ 5 (blonde lady)
Ryuji Sakamoto @ 4 (blonde dude)
Back-alley Doctor @ 7 (the Plague who calls you guinea pig)
Sadayo Kawakami @ 2 (the teacher maid)
Yuuki Mishima @ 2 (the artist dude)
and Man of the People @ 3 (the politician)

Mishima is the fansite guy, Yusuke is the artist.

• Locked thread