Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Schadenboner posted:

I wouldn’t say I’m shitposting, at least not in this. I’d say I’m “Being loudly disagreed with by them who’ve already bullied me out of one community I rather enjoyed”.

Relying on a store-keeper to keep offering a service he’s not making money off of (and imagining that your over-paying will cause this situation to continue when the fiscal pinch comes) is a recipe for disaster, at at least heartbreak. Gamers should form clubs and find space through them. It’s also a better way to keep out the fashies.

But, you know, whatever.

HE DOESN’T EVEN HAVE ANY MODELS!!!!!!

Fuckheads.

So, I repeatedly stuck up for you, tried to help, reached out and read into what you were saying generously. I hope you know that's the case.

I don't know if the way you're behaving is neurodivergence, mental health problems or just that you're shittier than I hoped you were. But you were banned from the discord because of your total inability to read social convention, your spamming of crap and your totally inappropriate engagement with topics.

I gave you the advice before, and I'll do it again now: step away. Go have a serious think about why you seem to piss people off all the time. Because this is just making everyone miserable, including clearly you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Warhammer 40,000: Goddamnit, now I have to change the “Days since someone was fooled by @gameswerkshop” sign back to zero...

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Oh nice a ton of posts since last night, maybe some new release got announced! Oh, it's just loving Schadenboner making GBS threads up the thread as usual. Seriously, how are you still allowed to post in this thread?

Dammit, I knew the area was too drat barren for a city this size, but this sadly makes total sense. I moved here too late to see any of those shops :( Good shops have been the only thing keeping me from at least getting back into Kill Team.
Not only the legal cannabis, but there's been a decent tech boom in the same time period. Just like everywhere else this happened, rent has skyrocketed and the gentrification continues to spiral out of control. There's no room for Mom and Pop shops when you demolish every single loving thing you can to build overpriced apartment and condo buildings.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

40k Badboi Fucclub

wait, no, that's a different thing

40k Badfucc Boiclub.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

40k Badfucc Boiclub.

40k Fuckbadds 4 lyfe

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Maneck posted:

There's no shame in getting fooled by the Werkshop. Schadenboner's not actually joking about how often that account gets people here.

I'm pretty sure that by now that Mango's posts is part of the joke.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I thought that goon who boiled animal bones for terrain was behind it?

Broken Juice or something?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

I'm pretty sure that by now that Mango's posts is part of the joke.

Keep going...

Maneck posted:

There's no shame in getting fooled by the Werkshop. Schadenboner's not actually joking about how often that account gets people here.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

BULBASAUR posted:

The goon who did what now?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

bonds0097 posted:

Yeah, it's the exclusive Store Birthday model and it is in fact very cool. He usually goes for 50 bucks or more on eBay so you're lucky to be able to get him!

Yeah his statline is rather nice. 5 power fist swings hitting on a 3+, yes please.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Mikey Purp posted:

I live pretty close to the GW in Glendale and follow them on social media, but have not been there yet.

It would be so awesome if there was a place in the city where you could reliably find a pick-up game on a random Thursday night, but there just doesn't seem to be anything even close to that here.

The GW in Glendale a good store; the manager is friendly yet not GW-pushy ("buy this, buy this, buy this!") and the locals are all nice from what I've seen so far. I'm sure you could find a pick-up game whenever they're open.

I also live near there. I've got enough old-school Death Guard* for a small army (around 1500 points worth, not optimized or competitive or anything like that) and am working on (surprise) a bigger army. I'm still building those, though, and am horribly indecisive about picking what they're going to be, so they aren't finished.

* Some of them:

BaconCopter posted:

Not only the legal cannabis, but there's been a decent tech boom in the same time period. Just like everywhere else this happened, rent has skyrocketed and the gentrification continues to spiral out of control. There's no room for Mom and Pop shops when you demolish every single loving thing you can to build overpriced apartment and condo buildings.

I think the tech boom and legal cannabis go hand in hand. ("So I can live in a good place, code for a living, and get high without going to jail? I'm moving!") But, yeah, there are downsides, to be sure.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Broken Juice or something?
That was Hollismason. You had him as a guest judge during SKULLAPALOOZA, ya dingus.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I know I did, but I didn't remember his name :(

richyp posted:

The goon who did what now?

yeah a goon here did taxidermy or something and would use the bones of animals he would pick up off the highway in his terrain. I'm sure somebody can dig up his posts. I had a soft spot for him

basically you need to get on his level, richyp

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BULBASAUR posted:

haha, yeah there was a goon here who did taxidermy or something and would use the bones of animals he would pick up off the highway in his terrain. I'm sure somebody can dig up his posts. I had a soft spot for him

Was that the Nurgle-and-maggots guy?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

BULBASAUR posted:

I'll stick to beer can terrain if I ever play again :cry:

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

richyp posted:

I'll stick to beer can terrain if I ever play again :cry:
I had this dumb idea and posted it in the Discord, but I would 100% buy a set of "terrain" beer koozies. Imagine a koozie with a pattern printed on it inspired by the cylindrical objects below:

Just construction-style warnings saying "WARNING: SUPPLY DROP" or "MUNITIONS STORE" with Aquilas, rivets, scorch marks, etc. printed on. So you can actually deep strike beer can terrain/objectives in and not have it look like garbage.

Lots of services exist to print your own koozies, so if anyone here has the graphic design skills and wants to share patterns, goons could print their own. Pretty much I'm just a filthy drunk casual who likes dumb ideas but still wants a pretty game table.

BuffaloChicken fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 7, 2018

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

BuffaloChicken posted:

I had this dumb idea and posted it in the Discord, but I would 100% buy a set of "terrain" beer koozies. Imagine something like below:

Just construction-style warnings saying "WARNING: SUPPLY DROP" or "MUNITIONS STORE" with Aquilas, rivets, scorch marks, etc. printed on. So you can actually deep strike beer can terrain/objectives in and not have it look like garbage.

Lots of services exist to print your own koozies, so if anyone here has the graphic design skills and wants to share patterns, goons could print their own.

That's perfect. I've seen the future and it's a drop pod patterned beer holder.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

richyp posted:

That's perfect. I've seen the future and it's a drop pod patterned beer holder.
Each player starts the game with three koozies. After they finish a beer, deep strike it as per the usual rules (not within 9" of an enemy) and gain the bonus - conveniently printed on the can in appropriate stencil-font. For example MUNITIONS DROP CRATE: re-roll hit rolls of 1 for all models within 3". Or SHIELD GENERATOR: each unit entirely within 6" gets a 5+ invulnerable.

Replace Command Points with tactical beer can deep-strikes. There it is, goons, your answer to the CP farm.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

BuffaloChicken posted:

Each player starts the game with three koozies. After they finish a beer, deep strike it as per the usual rules (not within 9" of an enemy) and gain the bonus - conveniently printed on the can in appropriate stencil-font. For example MUNITIONS DROP CRATE: re-roll hit rolls of 1 for all models within 3". Or SHIELD GENERATOR: each unit entirely within 6" gets a 5+ invulnerable.

Replace Command Points with tactical beer can deep-strikes. There it is, goons, your answer to the CP farm.

Watch the minmaxers get alcohol poisoning from spamming a wall of beer cans.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Z the IVth posted:

I don't see a downside here.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Beerdeer posted:

I don't see a downside here.

Knowing them they would probably get 0.01% 'Non-alcoholic' beer to play by the letter but not spirit of the rules.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Z the IVth posted:

Knowing them they would probably get 0.01% 'Non-alcoholic' beer to play by the letter but not spirit of the rules.
The radius of effect in inches is equal to the ABV of the contents, rounded down to the nearest percent. Boom, balanced.

Z the IVth posted:

This is absolutely a feature, not a bug.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

BuffaloChicken posted:

The radius of effect in inches is equal to the ABV of the contents, rounded down to the nearest percent. Boom, balanced.

Based on some of the beers I've had recently, starting on one corner and having a deployment on opposite end would fill the table.

Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail 13% IPA

:rip:

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

richyp posted:

Based on some of the beers I've had recently, starting on one corner and having a deployment on opposite end would fill the table.

Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail 13% IPA

BuffaloChicken posted:

This is absolutely a feature, not a bug.

so who's gonna kickstart this sucker with me

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
If someone leaves their beer unattended can I seize the initiative?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Welp, after like... five or six years of not painting minis, and probably longer buying anything GW, Kill Team pulled me back in. Then a double-whammy of family deaths put a delay in things so I couldn't get anything finished in August. However, I kept working slowly and got the first ten of a Space Marine command roster put together:

Mistakes were made. Lessons were re-learned.

I need to get some Primaris marines or something to round out the rest of the roster, but I'm done painting red and am moving on to putting together a Guard Kill Team with whatever I got, some Lady Guard from Victoria Miniatures, and maybe some Tempestus when I get around to making another purchase.

After that, I got... Way to many Orks sitting in my backlog, so I guess I'll do a KT of them too. Why the eff not.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I love the community team so much.

https://twitter.com/GamesWerkshop/status/1037765112399110144

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

And so the Emperor looks at the space doge and says: "Those butt cheeks aren't that luscious!"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Werkshop

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

JBP posted:

Werkshop

More like Twerkshop, ammirite?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
That cool loving dog will be great to tide me over while I wait for this:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russrmc/animal-adventures-tales-of-dungeons-and-doggies

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Harvey Mantaco posted:

That cool loving dog will be great to tide me over while I wait for this:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russrmc/animal-adventures-tales-of-dungeons-and-doggies

Same.

I plan on using the chihuahua rogue as a death cult assassin at some point.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Schadenboner posted:

More like Twerkshop, ammirite?

bitch please, it's Games Wokeshop

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Giant Isopod posted:

Same.

I plan on using the chihuahua rogue as a death cult assassin at some point.

I plan on using them them for every game, napkin holders, paper weights, Christmas decorations etc.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Z the IVth posted:

you dont know how hard the top tables drink

Crab-Stuffed
Jul 24, 2006

SRM posted:

Those banana bois are fukken tight, my dude.

NOVA ruled. Dan and I record our recap episode on Saturday and we'll get it out shortly thereafter. Highlights include:
- Harpooning two superheavies and exploding them
- Goonmeet all day every day
- 8 games, 7 good games, and me winning very few of them
- Knight jousting
- Naruto headbands
- Seeing Badcast shirts on total strangers in the wild
- Making Badcast shirts on total strangers in the wild
- $4 Fat Tire draughts

F*ck yeah, I can't wait!

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

A question for Brit-hams: Is it worth going to Warhammer World if I won't be playing while I'm there?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Razor Jacksuit posted:

A question for Brit-hams: Is it worth going to Warhammer World if I won't be playing while I'm there?

Never been, but most people seem to flip out about the dioramas and bugmans moreso than the tables.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Just went to Warhammer World this week and the diorama displays are awesome and totally worth seeing. Not particularly any exclusives I cared for, buying forge world without shipping is okay too I guess...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Hixson posted:

Come play 30k in Longview Mi’lord

My wife is working retail on weekends now and the kids need tending to. Honestly, I’ve barely gotten a dozen games in since I was last at Panascope’s place in Vancouver.

I’m more of a collector, enthusiast, and hobbyist these days.

Plus I’d hate to show up and go all Maru Skara on those purdy models you gots there.