Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

g0lbez posted:

I'll never understand how people can work two jobs? One full time job just devours all your free time, with a second job I guess you don't sleep? I'd rather die

no you get two part-time jobs so you don't have benefits and get a tooth infection that spreads to your brain and die anyway or they just make you come in weird hours and hope you don't come in at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Inept posted:

no you get two part-time jobs so you don't have benefits and get a tooth infection that spreads to your brain and die anyway or they just make you come in weird hours and hope you don't come in at all

That is loving disgusting, surely the dude got roasted or at least censured for that comment?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

dictatorship of capital

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Zil posted:

That is loving disgusting, surely the dude got roasted or at least censured for that comment?

a lot of dentists are loving dicks and have been so for a long time

quote:

In a paper delivered in 1919 to the Pennsylvania State Dental Society, Thomas Barrett linked the dental hygienist model to socialized medicine. School health clinics began to close. A fearmongering campaign against dental hygienists continued for decades. In the 1940s, hundreds of Massachusetts dentists attended a state hearing to demand repeal of a bill permitting hygienists to fill children’s teeth in school clinics, since it opened “a wedge for socialized medicine.” Dental organizations fought every project to expand the use of hygienists and broaden access to dental care, making it cheaper and more available.

quote:

Under Medicaid, the federal-state health program for the poor, states can decide whether to offer dental benefits to adults. Children covered by Medicaid receive dental benefits by federal law. But when states want to cut funding, they make reimbursements to dentists so low that they won’t treat children with Medicaid coverage. Fewer than half of dentists participate in the Medicaid program

quote:

the profit motive has led dentists to concentrate on more costly procedures rather than preventive services such as cleanings. In the early 1980s, fluoridation, dental sealants and other innovations were reducing tooth decay. As a result, dentists turned to cosmetic dentistry, expanding their businesses so they could be part of the beauty industry. They embraced cosmetic dentistry—where the money was.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

g0lbez posted:

I'll never understand how people can work two jobs? One full time job just devours all your free time, with a second job I guess you don't sleep? I'd rather die

There are 8766 hours in the year, if you get a decent amount of sleep of 6 hours per day that takes up about 2192 hours per years, leaving 6574 to work. A full time job is 2080 hours per year (no vacations or sick days ya prole!) so that means with the remaining time you can work 3 FTE jobs!

I'll go ahead and :thermidor: myself now

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Raldikuk posted:

a decent amount of sleep of 6 hours per day

Lol

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

Anyone who actually does this should be social outcasts.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Inept posted:

I worked at a Safeway pharmacy in Seattle about 10 years ago, every pharmacy chain except Safeway stopped taking the state insurance for poors because they felt their customers didn't want to mix with them. All the crazies who used to go to CVS or Walgreens started hitting us up and they loved talking to me while I worked because I didn't tell them to gently caress off like everyone else would.

BTW being a pharmacy technician sucks and I wouldn't recommend the job to anyone.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Graphic posted:

I've convinced myself that it's a test to find out which customers to instantly ban for life, and I refuse to listen to other views

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Filthy Hans posted:

BTW being a pharmacy technician sucks and I wouldn't recommend the job to anyone.

My grandfather was a pharmacist and sold his shop sometime in the 80s due to failing health and the fact that paperwork was burring him.

I have a co worker who now has had to take on a 2nd job because he wife, after 4 years of pharmacy school, was shocked. SHOCKED! I tell you that she could not find a job that was Mon-Fri 9-5 in her field. So she quit and now wants to raise her kids full time

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I found a good dentist years ago and it was incredibly worth it. Three-week delay to get in, of course, but best dentist I've ever had.

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1037732244075495424

"middle class"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Graphic posted:

"middle class"

I can't be working class, I wear a tie and like classical music!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ducks don't live that long. Especially poor ducks. Maybe he wasn't poor after all.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
https://twitter.com/CoreyRobin/status/1027951997306187776

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I assume that, being hackernews, there's a bunch of dinguses in the replies arguing about how that's actually cool and good

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Graphic posted:

Unfortunately, cell phone usage is pretty widespread these days.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

I don't care how remorseful they are, that's a person in need of a savage beating.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/baby_mead0ws/status/1037923273047203842

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

... a picture of a handful of words should be exempt. You're not a wordsmith by turning your tweet into a jpg.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Outrail posted:

... a picture of a handful of words should be exempt. You're not a wordsmith by turning your tweet into a jpg.

yeah this picture is worth 17 words at best

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Outrail posted:

Turn dozens of words into a thousand with this one weird trick!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Outrail posted:

click on the image

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
A Time-Twisting Visit to the Museum of Capitalism

quote:

One case in the Grossman Gallery contains a set of mass-produced trading cards themed around Operation Desert Storm, the 1991 American-led Gulf War military operation. (The cards were “the first ever issued on a war while it was in progress,” the accompanying text explains). A wall is lined with dozens of financial planning books, all branded with the names of small banks that have been absorbed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis.

Other works attempt to contextualize such artifacts by taking a longer view. Three bags by Jordan Bennet recreate plastic Target, Walmart, and 99-cent-store bags in moose hide, the plastic equivalent of a few centuries ago. Another case by FICTILIS is filled with a centuries-spanning rundown of powerful oblong objects, from magic wands to pens to security scanners and TV remotes. “Like so many useful technologies over the last few years, wands have gone through changes, becoming more and more … specialized,” reads the accompanying text. “In many cases, they are so removed from their origins that one easily forgets their roots.”

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said
https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/1038124208885321736

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

What's a picture of someone's summation of someone else's tweet worth?

You're already on twitter. There's a button that says "retweet" right there.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Spread the disease, sell the cure!

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Spread the disease, sell the cure!

Deus Ex was ahead of its time

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

PostNouveau posted:

What's a picture of someone's summation of someone else's tweet worth?

You're already on twitter. There's a button that says "retweet" right there.

yeah click the pic to see the additional imagery

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SniperWoreConverse posted:

:lol:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I wish there was a way to link the entire image from tweets because I hate visiting that stupid site.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Screenshot and rehost? ...nah. :effort:

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

This headline will definitely gain traction with the type of conspiracy theorists who think every drug is formulated by the pharmaceutical industrial complex to maintain illness and generate sustained profit.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
from the replies: https://www.wsj.com/articles/ready-aim-hire-a-fortnite-coach-parents-enlist-videogame-tutors-for-their-children-1533046708

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Someone post that stupid sign of all the things the boss wishes his employees would say

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Elon Musk @E1on_Nusk
Thanks @Highly_SleptOn, that's a great app.
And I would like to use this opportunity to promote my Bitcoin giveaway. All you need to do to participate is send 0.2 BTC to...

5 min ago
125 Retweets 309 Likes

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

pushpins posted:

Someone post that stupid sign of all the things the boss wishes his employees would say

half of it is straight up "i wish my employees were slaves"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Everyone knows that having to pay your workers is the greatest burden a business owner can experience. Think of all the growth and new jobs that would be created if people would just get over themselves and work for free.

The hard work you do should be more than enough of a reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Billy Pissboy posted: