Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, the white spider is based on a paper by MOONSTONE of all people. It's not exactly got the best pedigree even in-universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

You can wear the Ben Reilly costume and hit that loving guitar lol.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am an old boring man and instead got the physical media version.

As I sit here watching the oh-so-slow progress bar reach the 50% downloaded mark with 9 hours left (*if* my connection doesn't crap out), I kinda wish I'd done the same.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It still takes a bit to copy from the disc, but it was like 15 minutes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Sentinel Red posted:

As I sit here watching the oh-so-slow progress bar reach the 50% downloaded mark with 9 hours left (*if* my connection doesn't crap out), I kinda wish I'd done the same.

Always download in Rest Mode or your connection will be throttled.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What Spidey suit is this? Never seen it before

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dmf8TBDXgAA-r9f.jpg

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

site posted:

What Spidey suit is this? Never seen it before

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dmf8TBDXgAA-r9f.jpg

Spider-Man Noir.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wanderer posted:

Black bodysuit, red spider logo across the torso on both sides, red eyes on the mask.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the initial proposal for the black costume had a red spider, o that'd be a deep cut. Actually, just did a google and found an image of it. That one actually white eyes. Might it be one of the Big Time suits? I seem to recall that had a 'red' setting.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like that Jonah's show updates as you do the little side-crimes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spidey's little tip taps on buildings are adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRkdspVM3ps

(First like 10 seconds, the rest is just a funny moment and messing with Sharefactory stuff.)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Hot Toys is doing a Spider-Punk.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-spider-man-spider-punk-suit-hot-toys-903799/

It's actually not a bad price for a Hot Toys product at this point.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

We've come a long way from super-poseable spider-man.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Not me. That’ll always be my favorite Spider-Man toy.

Would it be a spoiler to talk about what suits aren’t in the game? I can think of six off the top of my head that are major exclusions.

Black suit, Ben Reilly as Spidey, Future Foundation, Bagman, comic Iron Spider, and cosmic Spider-Man.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Open Marriage Night posted:

Not me. That’ll always be my favorite Spider-Man toy.

Would it be a spoiler to talk about what suits aren’t in the game? I can think of six off the top of my head that are major exclusions.

Black suit, Ben Reilly as Spidey, Future Foundation, Bagman, comic Iron Spider, and cosmic Spider-Man.

Black suit's probably for a sequel, non hoodie Ben Reilly costume is super generic, no excuse for no Bagman or iron spider, not enough processing power for cosmic glutes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1038097437691396096?s=19

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Any screenshots of all the costumes floating around?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Black Cat gives you a black suit that’s pretty similar to the real one, which I thought was a nice little tribute to her sewing up Peter a cloth version of the symbiote way back in the day.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Black Cat gives you a black suit that’s pretty similar to the real one, which I thought was a nice little tribute to her sewing up Peter a cloth version of the symbiote way back in the day.

Which leads to one of the more violent scenes in the comics when Black Cat thinks she's found Spiderman wearing her costume but runs into Venom for the first time.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Black feels like prime DLC material. On that note, I laughed at a one off line Spidey has in one of the sidequests. There's an impostor Spider-Man going on and while Spidey is investigating he's relieved because the guy is taking down thugs without killing them. "Good to see he's not a lethal protector.

I still don't like the combat, but this game is so nice.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Now that the game's out, I can talk about my favorite moment in the game, which is very late in story mode:

Upon being informed about an industrial accident that happened in 1986, eight years before he was born, and which has heavily influenced much of what's happened in the game, Peter's immediate reaction is, "It's all my fault."

It is the most Peter Parker goddamn thing I have ever heard.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Calaveron posted:

Black suit's probably for a sequel, non hoodie Ben Reilly costume is super generic, no excuse for no Bagman or iron spider, not enough processing power for cosmic glutes

Yeah, the Ben Reilly costume's probably more associated with Spider-Girl now.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Imma just swinging around New York taking photos, picking up Pete’s old crap, and leaving dudes webbed to walls and girders in my wake, there may as well not be a story mode because I don’t need it yet.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Reilly costume is still my fave Spider-Man outfit and I'm bummed it's not in.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vince MechMahon posted:

The Reilly costume is still my fave Spider-Man outfit and I'm bummed it's not in.

Maybe the devs thought the bigger spider emblem would upstage their costume.

The Negative Costume is cool but I would have preferred Future Foundation for a white costume.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Weird, Pete and MJ having split up and only just talking to each other again has bummed me out far more than breaking them up in the comics ever did. Come on, you crazy kids, sort your poo poo out.

And Yuri owns, I don’t get the hate.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Ugh I just cannot handle the loving brute enemies in this game. Like goddamn, it's not enough that I have to break my combat flow to defeat enemies in this one particular way, I have to jump way away to get some distance because the motherfucker just doesn't stop swinging.

Also this game took me 10 goddamn hours to download jfc

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

TwoPair posted:

Ugh I just cannot handle the loving brute enemies in this game. Like goddamn, it's not enough that I have to break my combat flow to defeat enemies in this one particular way, I have to jump way away to get some distance because the motherfucker just doesn't stop swinging.

Yeah the big brutes are annoying as poo poo. I get it in like a batman game, and i get that they can't make Spidey TOO powerful, but come on, if I punch and kick a dude and he's just blocking with elbows, that's a problem. Took me a while to get used to webbing them up, hitting a few times, rinse, repeat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brutes are pretty trivialized by Perfect Dodge. That should be a priority if you don't have it already.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Web bombs and impact webs rule, too.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

You can also use web shooters on brutes to "stun" them for a second and land your basic ground combos. If you can punt a webbed brute into a wall, he'll stick if you've done enough damage beforehand.

They're a huge pain in the rear end early on, but in the mid- to late game, they tended to get shut down before I realized they were brutes, just by virtue of swinging objects at them or setting off web bombs in the middle of crowds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

You can web them from the air, so jump up high and do it.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

I think Arkham experience works against you in Spider-Man because the combat is just similar enough but the buttons are different which makes it really easy to muscle memory the wrong button.

Just want to echo this - having sunk hundreds of hours across multiple Arkham games, I’m still consistently thrown off by this. If they weren’t going to adopt the same button layout from the game that pioneered this, at least provide an option to.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The secret is arkham adopted that system from Spider-Man 2

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
No I wish it were more like Arkham and enemies would be nice enough to stand around and wait for me to counter all of their attacks one at a time. Instead I've got to actually watch out for a whole bunch of goons at once, what bullshit.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

TwoPair posted:

No I wish it were more like Arkham and enemies would be nice enough to stand around and wait for me to counter all of their attacks one at a time. Instead I've got to actually watch out for a whole bunch of goons at once, what bullshit.

This, but unironically. Those big guys get on my nerves and all I wanna do is throw a thing, but you gotta hold the buttons down and also NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING for like 2 seconds or whoops there goes my combo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

This, but unironically. Those big guys get on my nerves and all I wanna do is throw a thing, but you gotta hold the buttons down and also NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING for like 2 seconds or whoops there goes my combo.

Who said I was being ironic?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Throw things from the air.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Master your dodges and get the upgrade that extends witch time

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Bullets still reach up there. Gotta press circle and interrupt the animation all the same. Luckily, I got an ability to disarm henchmen! Oh wait, it also needs me to have 2 seconds of nothing happening so I can do that. One at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Create space and use your webs to stifle people with guns.