Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I will die to defend Aesthete Daimyo Treasures Rare Wares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Change his avatar to Shalltear being a chair, as punishment.
I really like his Karen AV, but I'll consider it.

paragon1 posted:

Will you change the forum name back to VEGETA?
Listen: I love Vegeta. And there are plenty of reasons to love the guy:
  • His voice actors (Ryo Horikawa, Christopher Sabat, and René Motherfucking García) are some of my favorite VA's in their respective languages
  • While the concept of a character like Vegeta is not new, he has influenced characters as few could. Some of the strongest/most enduring/flat-out popular "rival" characters Mayora 13 Toshifollow Followkata Hijikata Toshiro, Hiei, Gajeel (yeah, I used to read Fairy Tail; laugh it up), Shouto Todoroki, Len Tao among others owe more than a little influence to the former Saiyan prince.
  • He's a good dad.
  • He's the best husbando.
  • He and Ryu are a few of the male characters who can pull off the arm-fold and not look foolish.
  • Vegeta can rock a pink shirt and yellow docker pants like a motherfucking boss.
But I think naming this sub-forum after the guy might be too much. Just an opinion, though.

e: Wrong BBcode :cheeky:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 30, 2018

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Wark Say posted:

• His voice actors (Ryo Horikawa, Christopher Sabat, and René Motherfucking García) are some of my favorite VA's in their respective languages
  • While the concept of a character like Vegeta is not new, he has influenced characters as few could. Some of the strongest/most enduring/flat-out popular "rival" characters Mayora 13 Toshifollow Followkata Hijikata Toshiro, Hiei, Gajeel (yeah, I used to read Fairy Tail; laugh it up), Shouto Todoroki, Len Tao among others owe more than a little influence to the former Saiyan prince.
  • He's a good dad.
  • He and Ryu are a few of the male characters who can pull off the arm-fold and not look foolish.
  • Vegeta can rock a pink shirt and yellow docker pants like a motherfucking boss.
But I think naming this sub-forum after the guy might be too much. Just an opinion, though.

Then name it after the planet.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Wark Say posted:

• He's a good dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMLlVdZR3Y
Rene Garcia is a treasure, probably the best guy to play loud screechy characters.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dont change the name of my thread, and NEVER change my avatar. I've destroyed mods for less

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wark Say posted:

• He's a good dad.

e: Wrong BBcode :cheeky:

If you're unfamiliar with SuperEyepatchWolf's videos, you might like his breakdown on DBZ. He also goes into why his favorite character (vegeta) is such a good goddamn character and it really made me appreciate the whole show more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuvSwb5KM6Q&hd=1

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

If you're unfamiliar with SuperEyepatchWolf's videos, you might like his breakdown on DBZ. He also goes into why his favorite character (vegeta) is such a good goddamn character and it really made me appreciate the whole show more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuvSwb5KM6Q&hd=1
SuperEyepatchWolf is legit one of the few anitubers that I like and the only one to which I'm currently subscribed. I think this is mostly due to the fact that he treats his videos as just "his opinion" even when he's backed by data, instead of trying to be gospel. Also, I think he should be a NatGeo narrator or something because dang. :swoon:

Plus, he's into wrestling and the Deftones! :allears:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

SuperEyepatchWolf is legit one of the few anitubers that I like and the only one to which I'm currently subscribed. I think this is mostly due to the fact that he treats his videos as just "his opinion" even when he's backed by data, instead of trying to be gospel. Also, I think he should be a NatGeo narrator or something because dang. :swoon:

Plus, he's into wrestling and the Deftones! :allears:
SuperEyepatchWolf exists because on Super Best Friends one day Woolie said that HxH sucked and that pissed Wolf so much he made a video. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the best origin story, honestly. get so mad you create a profession for yourself.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

the best origin story, honestly. get so mad you create a profession for yourself.

Ah, the Dr Gero method.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

SuperEyepatchWolf exists because on Super Best Friends one day Woolie said that HxH sucked and that pissed Wolf so much he made a video. :v:

Captain Invictus posted:

That's so dang silly but at the same time, the end result was worth it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Figure out a backronym to change the subforum name to LOWTAX.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Paracelsus posted:

Figure out a backronym to change the subforum name to LOWTAX.

Loving Old Women Taking Animation Xtremely?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly think Lowtax would consider that a form of libel and put my head in a pike.

I like my head where it is, please don't do this. :ohdear:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Paracelsus stop bullying my friend.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ErynCerise's gags don't always land but her videos on old 70s/80s magical girl series are really informative and interesting and it's clear she actually has like, a love and respect for what those series were trying to do within their very limited means and what they accomplished, so she's one of my favorite anime youtubers. Of course she wants to cover every magical girl anime ever made and she manages about a video a month so uh, good luck with that. Her video on Mako-chan is really good though, pretty unknown series that was actually pretty important to the nascent genre and is interesting to talk about due to being very weird.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

ErynCerise's gags don't always land but her videos on old 70s/80s magical girl series are really informative and interesting and it's clear she actually has like, a love and respect for what those series were trying to do within their very limited means and what they accomplished, so she's one of my favorite anime youtubers. Of course she wants to cover every magical girl anime ever made and she manages about a video a month so uh, good luck with that. Her video on Mako-chan is really good though, pretty unknown series that was actually pretty important to the nascent genre and is interesting to talk about due to being very weird.
My knowledge of the Magical Girl genre is very limited but as long as I don't have to even be in the same room as that horrible assault of the senses that goes by the name Magical Girl Raising Project, I'm willing to learn. Thanks! :)

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Legendary Oriental Warriors Terrify All Xenophobes

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Freakazoid_ posted:

Legendary Oriental Warriors Terrify All Xenophobes
I'll keep it in mind.

Additionally, :toxx: will be enforced when reported starting now. See update to the rules/guidelines.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Endorph posted:

Just watched all the currently available episodes of Mahou Profile because of this post. It owns, and that recent Mako-chan episode was extremely interesting to digest

Also cuz I didn't say it earlier, congrats on the new position Wark Say!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Wark, how accurate would you say this manga is now that you have the blue star?

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Huzzah! posted:

:eyepop: can I be a mod too

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Huzzah! posted:

Being a Mod is a surprisingly drama-free position if you treat it like what it is and follow the rules of your own Sub-Forum/Board. It is ins anely sexy, though!

VostokProgram posted:

:eyepop: can I be a mod too
Two goons enter! One goon leaves! Two goons enter! One goon leaves! Two goons enter! One goon leaves!`:black101:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Mods Knew (Biblically)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

I will die to defend Aesthete Daimyo Treasures Rare Wares

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I like the original title. It hasn't aged well and I know why we can't keep it, but it will always be the

A N I M E
D E A T H
R A P E
T E N T A C L E
W H O R E H O U S E

To me

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Eela6 posted:

I like the original title. It hasn't aged well and I know why we can't keep it, but it will always be the

A N I M E
D E A T H
T E N T A C L E
R A P E
W H O R E H O U S E

To me

Ftfy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Warehouse

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Animated Drawings To Replace Women is a classic.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
B O D A C I O U S
A N I M A T I O N
D E L U S I O N S
G U A R A N T E E
U N I V E R S A L
Y A O I / Y U R I

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

chumbler posted:

Yeah!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Wandering Adventurers Rescue Kids, Slay All Youkai

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Freakazoid_ posted:

reminds me of an episode of Inuyasha

... actually, reminds me of many episodes of Inuyasha

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

Lol. This one's pretty good but I don't know about the optics of the new mod changing the forum to have his name

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, nobody wants an "egopolis" sort of board/sub-forum...

... well, maybe Namtab does, but ol' Namtab seems to have the power to get a pass for it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chumbler posted:

The Whorehouse is kinda eternal in the minds of the board at large, but this one was probably the best.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Wark Say posted:

Yeah, nobody wants an "egopolis" sort of board/sub-forum...

... well, maybe Namtab does, but ol' Namtab seems to have the power to get a pass for it.

Namtab's Shameful Secret?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Nice
Animated
Men
Talking
About
Basketball

It's time for a Slam Dunk revival

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Yak of Wrath posted:

Namtab's Shameful Secret?
Yak, hush! :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

thetoughestbean posted:

Nice
Animated
Men
Talking
About
Basketball

It's time for a Slam Dunk revival

Nipponese Animated Mayhem TABulation. (I guess we could bring back that thread about gory '80s OVAs?)