Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018

always be closing posted:

I'd like to know as well. What're you paying $$ wise per abominant?

I got tired of being sniped on eBay and just split someone else’s discounted tooth and claw box for the GSC stuff for about $60. It looked like they were going for 30-40 though, which was too rich for my thin watery cheapskate blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Razor Jacksuit posted:

A question for Brit-hams: Is it worth going to Warhammer World if I won't be playing while I'm there?

Been a few times, never played. I'd say it depends on a couple of things:

1) How far are you travelling?
2) Are you super nerdy?

There's a limited amount of stuff to do there if you don't play, there's the gallery of models, the shop (a big GW store with Forgeworld stuff) and a bar. So I'll usually combine a visit with a trip to the city and go to one of the oldest pubs (Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem), that and there's only so much nerd the rest of my family will tolerate in one day.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Cessna posted:

The GW in Glendale a good store; the manager is friendly yet not GW-pushy ("buy this, buy this, buy this!") and the locals are all nice from what I've seen so far. I'm sure you could find a pick-up game whenever they're open.

Glendale is the closest store to me, so I head over there to pick up stuff occasionally and I really dig the manager, seems sincerely interested in the hobby. They should clone him for every store, every other GW store I've been to the manager has either been super salesman pushy, or actively creepy.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

PierreTheMime posted:

You know, it just struck me now, the reason that Genestealers can opt for one Acid Maw upgrade per every four models i because the kit (14 years old!) has two Acid Maw heads in every kit of eight models. It never dawned on me it was kit-driven and not some balance thing. :downs:

From ages back but the 'new' stealer kits I bought around 6ish years ago (that replaced the old rogue trader era purple plastic kits from 3rd/4th edition) came with enough heads to make all 8 normal stealers, or yeah 2 acid or 2 tentacle faces.

Also I just found out two of those 'new' stealers I had have gone awol at some point, probably left lurking in a corner on a table somewhere, sneaky bastards.

On the one hand I'm glad their paint scheme gave them irl camouflage, but now I gotta strip and paint up some of those old chunky RT stealers to replace them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bucnasti posted:

Glendale is the closest store to me, so I head over there to pick up stuff occasionally and I really dig the manager, seems sincerely interested in the hobby. They should clone him for every store, every other GW store I've been to the manager has either been super salesman pushy, or actively creepy.

The guys in the Springfield VA store are similar to that. Same with Bowie MD, at least the last manager was. Relaxed, no pressure, glad for the business. I don't mind spending a bit extra to keep them open on the rare occasions I visit. I try to buy something at every game store I visit just to keep them open.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Yeah, I try to buy where I play, which means I haven't bought anything at a gw store. I should visit the Bowie one someday.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Bucnasti posted:

Another Denver ham appears! Well it's good to hear that store is pretty cool, I will have to check it out sometime. Also good to see a couple other locals itt, we should do a hams goonmeet some time.*

*And by some time I mean 30 years from now when I've finally finished painting my army.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Any word on the price for Rogue Trader? Box is smaller than I thought.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rhaegar posted:

Any word on the price for Rogue Trader? Box is smaller than I thought.
It's $130 US. Not sure how that converts to the various moon monies given that GW doesn't use actual current conversion rates.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
It's 80 brexit buckeroos, or 6 turnips and a blue passport.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Safety Factor posted:

It's $130 US. Not sure how that converts to the various moon monies given that GW doesn't use actual current conversion rates.

Probably be $210aud.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

JBP posted:

Probably be $210aud.

$220 Aus on GW's site.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

koreban posted:

Plus I’d hate to show up and go all Maru Skara on those purdy models you gots there.

Now that Legion Champions can take Paragon Blades the worst part of Maru Skara is also good.

:sparkles:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

IPA Regulations posted:

From ages back but the 'new' stealer kits I bought around 6ish years ago (that replaced the old rogue trader era purple plastic kits from 3rd/4th edition) came with enough heads to make all 8 normal stealers, or yeah 2 acid or 2 tentacle faces.

Also I just found out two of those 'new' stealers I had have gone awol at some point, probably left lurking in a corner on a table somewhere, sneaky bastards.

On the one hand I'm glad their paint scheme gave them irl camouflage, but now I gotta strip and paint up some of those old chunky RT stealers to replace them.

The "current" kit versus some of the GSC kits are night and day in comparison. It took me hours to assemble 16 Genestealers with all the flash-scraping. It took me about ten minutes to put another set of Aberrants together and they fit so perfectly it's ridiculous (even with those fidgety little torso bits). Returning to early plastic kits reminds me how far their production tech has come over the years.

I'm not sure if the scale of the Genestealer is off now compared to the newer model ranges, because they seem huge sitting next to GSC models that are supposedly tougher than they are.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
If they do more mini-codex things like Rogue Trader, that'd be perfectly fine. The units are cheap enough you'd take them for funzies if you were Imperial or Nurgle based, have some neat abilities, but aren't stupid overpowered either.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

richyp posted:

$220 Aus on GW's site.

Well I was close! I didn't think the pricing was up.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Mikey Purp posted:

*And by some time I mean 30 years from now when I've finally finished painting my army.

Can we push that back a bit? I'm not sure I can make that tight of a deadline.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

BurlapNapkin posted:

Really looking forward to some Orks... Orktober cannot come soon enough, to which end, does anyone in the thread already play/paint them much?

Sure do!

(this is but a fraction of my painted stuff)

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JBP posted:

Well I was close! I didn't think the pricing was up.

It's the same as the main RT box I think.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Corrode posted:

It's the same as the main RT box I think.

It is exactly the same price.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Is anyone going to the Kill Team Weekender this month?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rogue Trader Joe

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Preview of the terrain in RT.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Zark the Damned posted:

Sure do!

That Gorka/Morkanaut is an absolute treasure.

EDIT: Don't want to double-post, so here's my latest accomplishments.

BuffaloChicken fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 8, 2018

BurlapNapkin
Feb 11, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

Sure do!

Spectacul... ork? (that's awesome)

Your contemporary squat conversions are really inspiring, so much so that I might have to find some way to shoehorn 'Demiurg Auxiliaries' into my current army project somehow.

BurlapNapkin fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 9, 2018

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So I'm at the inlaws over in Korea and they surprised us to a visit to the family tomb.

I was wearing the badcast t-shirt.

So, yeah, today I spent appreciable time doing confucian style bows at a grave in your dumb podcast shirt.

(I swear no one told me that's where we were going)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the phrase 'great dishonor' is often overused as a cheap cultural joke, but in this case....

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

the phrase 'great dishonor' is often overused as a cheap cultural joke, but in this case....

The badcast guys seem pretty chill. I doubt they'll be upset he wore a badcast shirt to a tomb.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
To be clear, dress code isn't really a thing for these visits, but I was still super self conscious.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eifert Posting posted:

To be clear, dress code isn't really a thing for these visits, but I was still super self conscious.

Hopefully your ancestors have a sense of humor.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

BurlapNapkin posted:

Your contemporary squat conversions are really inspiring, so much so that I might have to find some way to shoehorn 'Demiurg Auxiliaries' into my current army project somehow.
Thank you - and you should go for it! The conversions are incredibly easy, for the most part. Mostly just Fantasy/Sigmar minis with some arm and weapon swaps.

The Breaching Drill was the last model to get my 2,000pts of Squats totally finished, and I have no current plans to expand. My girlfriend plays the Fyreslayer warband in Shadespire, though, and she's agreed to let me do some minor conversions and paint them up as Cyber-Slayers to match my Squat army. So I might pop them into army lists as Wulfen now and again - seeing as they're half-naked axe-wielding berserkers on 32mm bases, it seemed like the best counts-as fit.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
How am I building the Deathwatch boys from their Kill Team box? I have a new Intercessor just hanging around too if it is worth bringing him in.

beergod fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 9, 2018

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Clearing out some drawers from my parent's place....

Dear diary; Jackpot.

(They're damp because they just finished an hour in Isoprophyl.)

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
I've been super quiet on posting miniatures recently, and I totally missed out on Army August - but I've got two good reasons for that.

One: I've been working really hard to get my gaming table ready as a backdrop for taking future pictures.
Two: My camera/lighting setup sucks. Pretend it's just a super grainy realistic directorial choice for now.

The Death Guard formation here is more or less going to be my Armies on Parade submission this year. I've been inspired for more than a year to do exactly this shot after seeing someone in this thread - I can't remember who - post a beautiful picture of their ultramarines on white marble bases parading down a street. Months of work went into getting ready for this evil opposite take on that photograph.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

For ~80 points or so she doesn't seem awful.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Thanqol posted:

I've been super quiet on posting miniatures recently, and I totally missed out on Army August - but I've got two good reasons for that.

One: I've been working really hard to get my gaming table ready as a backdrop for taking future pictures.
Two: My camera/lighting setup sucks. Pretend it's just a super grainy realistic directorial choice for now.

This photo idea is great, well done.

Love that Knight's color scheme, too

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

raverrn posted:

It might be fun but I really wish they had made it more generic so people could make up their own Rogue Traders.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

raverrn posted:

The concealed archotech weapon is extremely on point lore wise. Awesome stuff.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It might be fun but I really wish they had made it more generic so people could make up their own Rogue Traders.

A pistol + a melee weapon coupled the special rules give you a fair bit of leeway modeling wise.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
I got stuck inside this weekend and smashed out some box bros for a 30k event next weekend and will also be flogging them in my 40k fists in the future too as chaplain dreads are actually decent hiding behind all your troops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chiwie posted:

A pistol + a melee weapon coupled the special rules give you a fair bit of leeway modeling wise.

Oh yeah, it's an easy conversion. I just hate it when the rules state that someone is a special character and I have to use those rules for my own Original Idea Do Not Steal character. It's actually the main reason I couldn't get into Warmachine, as dumb as that probably sounds.