Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/ConanOBrien/status/1038250201553592321

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

playing theme hospital, this game is still sick

how ironic.....

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1038357854225281024

Friendship ended with Norman Reedus, now Jason Statham is my best friend

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kojima being the most basic bitch in the world and buying poo poo like the $200 Assassin's Creed box sets is probably his best quality.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope you all have a good Saturday

https://twitter.com/dustmop/status/1038337963220815872

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

this woman is a legend

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm through the second level of Resistance and I'm starting to be not impressed. They went from quaint English town to generic alien factory and after playing Quake 4, Prey '06 and Gears I feel like we've pretty much tapped this genre out. This game is giving me absolutely nothing new. Plus the fancy ~*next gen*~ graphics are really ugly. I know it was a meme to bitch about bloom back then but holy poo poo there is way too much loving bloom. And worst of all, the level was set in Grimsby. loving Grimsby!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Jim Sterling felt pretty much how I did about Shenmue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t945PwBwMM

And then angry fans called him names for not saying it's the best game ever made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1fj5ePZopM&t=14s

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

What is point press?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
The latest addition to the virtual youtuber scene populated pretty exclusively by young anime girls is a middle-aged balding fat guy who may or may not be played by the famous Japanese voice actor Akio Ōtsuka who played Snake in MGS amongst other things.

Guy did his first ever stream today playing an ancient Chunsoft SNES sound novel from 1992 and immediately got 10,000 viewers and probably at least a couple hundred subscribers on Twitch, enough to surpass almost every other streamer on the site in view count despite no prior content and only speaking Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtTttXSleRs

What a world we live in.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kanfy posted:

The latest addition to the virtual youtuber scene

the what scene

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Andrast posted:

the what scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqF7-r3cLIM

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I feel like I'm going to have an "old man yells at cloud" moment soon

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
One of those channels pops up as an ad from time to time, I had no idea it was like.. a fad going on.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Steve Yun posted:

What is point press?

In arcade games it's doing things for the score when it's unnecessary for progressing in the level (like jumping over barrels in Donkey Kong)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's really cool how we're all working ourselves to the death so that AIs can kick back and play video games 24/7

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I don't know virtual youtubers beyond knowing about them, I was just surprised to see a Japanese streamer pop out of nowhere and instantly get 10k viewers on Twitch, only the most popular ones break even 1k most of the time.

It (probably) being the voice actor for Snake and the dub voice actor for people like Denzel Washington, Nicolas Cage and Samuel L. Jackson makes him streaming an obscure-rear end 1992 game in the virtual guise of a fat old guy kind of amazing in its own weird way though.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It’s interesting to me that Japan is embracing playing characters while presenting curated content when internet entertainment was basically built on that foundation until people got lost in their characters and used that to define their entire persona. Dirty Old Man Tanaka seems a lot like Mr. Plinket but I bet they won’t fall progressively deeper down the murder-rapist rabbit hole to keep hammering the point in.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok for a moment, from your descriptions, I thought it was an actual AI playing video games for an audience but it’s much more boring than that

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

When is the official WoW vanilla server going live.

:yeah:

Really want this already.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I said come in! posted:

:yeah:

Really want this already.

I've rolled some characters here and there on the emulated vanilla servers and I usually have a pretty good time reminiscing until I hit Stranglethorn Vale. STV, killing character progress for 15 years.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

It's really cool how we're all working ourselves to the death so that AIs can kick back and play video games 24/7

they already won

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Don't suppose anyone here can suggest some decent romhacks of games like Fire Emblem or Pokemon on GBA? I know a ton exist but life is short and I'd sooner avoid the stinkers.
Good FE Romhacks:

Void's Blitzarre Adventure is dumb injokey nonsense but the gameplay is good and the injokes don't get in the way of the gameplay generally. And the injokes aren't offensive mostly. It's a challenging game but not bullshit hard and some of the gimmicks are interesting.
Elibian Nights is fanficcy and some of the stories they try to tell don't really work but it has interesting ideas for levels and the core gimmick works well, since it's a series of disconnected levels rather than a continuous story.
FE Midori is solid and is fun if you've played a lot of FE games since it's just full of weird references to earlier ones.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What's a good cheap or free game I can finish in 4-5 hours while I wait for the big game I'm gonna play next to arrive tomorrrow

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What are your platforms

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

What's a good cheap or free game I can finish in 4-5 hours while I wait for the big game I'm gonna play next to arrive tomorrrow

Do you like interactive fiction games with very light rpg elements and multiple endings?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

What are your platforms

Everything but xbox

FirstAidKite posted:

Do you like interactive fiction games with very light rpg elements and multiple endings?

sure hit me with it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
beat turtles in time 5 times

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Donut county is $5 on iOS, should last 2 hours

If you haven’t played Journey yet it’s fantastic and should be another 2 hours

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

sure hit me with it

https://store.steampowered.com/app/585180/Open_Sorcery/

Goon-made game titled Open Sorcery, from the maker of the fun short freeware interactive fiction/cyoa game 16 Ways to Kill a Vampire at McDonald's. Open Sorcery is a game where magic and technology both exist. You play as an elemental spirit of fire who has been conjured up and given form as a firewall whose sole purpose is to protect your two creators, a nearby school, and a nearby nursing home. The game takes place over the course of I think 7 days and each day has static events that happen but how you choose to approach those events can and will drastically change the story by giving you new powers or increasing your strength or leading to a variety of different endings. Also I believe the developer is working on a "sequel" to this game (though I don't think it's directly connected to Open Sorcery, just takes place in the same world with the same ideas) and it is called Open Sorcery: Sea++.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Cool those recommendations should be enough to fill today up thanks

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Don't suppose anyone here can suggest some decent romhacks of games like Fire Emblem or Pokemon on GBA? I know a ton exist but life is short and I'd sooner avoid the stinkers.

The 4chan one, Pokemon sage, is really good.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Grapplejack posted:

The 4chan one, Pokemon sage, is really good.

Isn't that the one with a 9/11 pokemon?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Darkoni posted:

Isn't that the one with a 9/11 pokemon?

Nah that's clover, the other one.

Sage is really good.

look at this good-rear end boi

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
That really does look like a Pokemon starter I wouldn't pick

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
It's a shame the pokemon game maker got suited down. The programs not that difficult to get a hold of but the whole wiki of documentation, that's the hard thing to replace.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dead Souls sucks but I have to admit they went all out for Majima's first time playable.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Apparently Battlefield V is censoring the words "DLC" (but not "free DLC") "white man" and "nazi". Reminder that the game is set in World War 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Post the 9/11 pokemon tia

• Locked thread