Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Cavauro posted:

James Ellsworth and Asuka are going to have a romance angle

I read that as James Ellsworth and Asuka are going to have a romance with [Kurt] Angle. That would be way better than whatever happens in reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

It looks like there aren't any spoilers for tonight either.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Well Penta posted on his facebook that he and his brother have possibly signed with WWE.

....FFUUUCK.

According to multiple sources, WWE is interested in signing both penta the zero fear and King Phoenix. The Company's plan is to push them both as individual competitors in nxt and not as a couple. This way, pushing the Latin American market to see the product of the yellow brand.

Should WWE send penta and fenix to nxt or should they send them straight to the main roster?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/9dy7w6/pentagon_jr_official_facebook_webpage_shares_an/

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 8, 2018

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

Well Penta posted on his facebook that he and his brother have signed with WWE.

....FFUUUCK.

Link?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The post linked on the FB page was only about the rumored interest WWE has in them, and even the Reddit page you linked to was fixed to clarify that

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Yeah just checked Penta's Facebook and his latest post is about the Crash.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im fairly sure he's still under contract with el rey until the end of the year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im fairly sure he's still under contract with el rey until the end of the year.

May or June. It's 6 months after the TV season stops airing

It's why Ricochet was openly pissed and dissing the product during a New Japan Long Beach show, because he wasn't allowed to be on the televised AXS one because LU kept pushing back when the season was supposed to finish airing

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Chris James 2 posted:

May or June. It's 6 months after the TV season stops airing

It's why Ricochet was openly pissed and dissing the product during a New Japan Long Beach show, because he wasn't allowed to be on the televised AXS one because LU kept pushing back when the season was supposed to finish airing

Yeah he came out and spoke during what I assume was a commercial.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the fact that actual wrestling fans have an interest in seeing pentagon in WWE makes absolutely zero sense to me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I like it when there are already stacks of plans that have leaked to go along with a fake/misconstrued story and then the same thing still happens later on too because people like to say the scoops. I like that

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

the fact that actual wrestling fans have an interest in seeing pentagon in WWE makes absolutely zero sense to me

They like Pentagon and they also watch WWE, so if he signs with WWE it will be more convenient for them to see him wrestle.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They like Pentagon and they also watch WWE, so if he signs with WWE it will be more convenient for them to see him wrestle.
This is me basically

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

Well, he'll be in NXT for a bit first.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm sure they'll love his six month back and forth feud with Dolph Ziggler.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm sure they'll love his six month back and forth feud with Dolph Ziggler.

With no cursing or arm breaks

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

With no cursing or arm breaks

Well yeah. Saying bitch and breaking arms is Ronda's gimmick. He can start doing the overdrive.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Aphrodite posted:

Well, he'll be in NXT for a bit first.

real excited for his 2 month title reign and mediocre WWE matches

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gently caress all y'all that ain't excited to watch Penta and Fenix move at quarter speed and employ their vast repertoire of rest holds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It looks like they're going to debut both of them at the Takeover in Arizona this coming January. I wonder how separate they will really be?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I dunno, Main Event is kind of awkward to watch. I suppose 205 is on the Network every Tuesday, though. (They were gonna put Sin Cara on there, they would 100% put Pentagon on the show)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Does wwe still not allow package piledrivers? Penta uses that thing a whole lot.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Does wwe still not allow package piledrivers? Penta uses that thing a whole lot.

he'll probably get an armbar

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

he'll probably get an armbar

Nope, Becky, Ronda and Ciampa basically do every reasonable variant. And god forbid we have two people use the same move. Especially two people that the company will never let do any spots together anyway.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Nope, Becky, Ronda and Ciampa basically do every reasonable variant. And god forbid we have two people use the same move. Especially two people that the company will never let do any spots together anyway.

Woooosh

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Like, literally. Because I still don't get it. Pentagon does do an armbar normally. He won't be allowed to do a piledriver if he goes to WWE... I'm not seeing the clever joke? :confused:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's because so many people do an armbar, I believe. Not sure though since I don't watch the product

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder what their names will be once they come to WWE.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder what their names will be once they come to WWE.

pentagon will be called octagon and get an MMA gimmick and they'll just pretend there isnt already an octagon

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
penta el cero screen time

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they'll unmask him and call him Manuel "The Fear Factor" Ortiz

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

What are Septa not Afraid and Prince Tuscon doing in the Full Sail Zone?

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Fenix and Pentagon tore up contracts at MLW a few days ago and Pentagon announced at PCW Ultra Friday night that he's not going anywhere.

There's also this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1038166988382597120

Looks like wrestling twitter insiders and news reporters who have clearly lost all their sources are wrong yet again.

Oh, Strickland and ACH are also locked in with MLW.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought there was no loving way, now I'm positive. Welcome to Orlando Lucha Bros.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Your Parents posted:

pentagon will be called octagon and get an MMA gimmick and they'll just pretend there isnt already an octagon

Then the real Octago will show up at WWE headquarters and threaten people with a loaded gun.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
"Corey, I spoke to Pen T. Gon backstage and he told me he has, quote, 'zero fear.'"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Pentagon is like an inch shorter than Kevin Owens but 50 pounds lighter which means as soon as he starts to get fit at the performance center his peak is going to be a good 6 months in NXT and then 205 Live until the heat death of the universe. Dean Ambrose was the anomaly as far as brawler-type death-match wrestlers go. Pentagon is never going to know English well enough to thrive on the main roster, and even wrestlers that were charismatic as all hell without saying anything like Nakamura or Asuka have a very low glass ceiling compared to any other English speakers in the WWE.

What's going to work against him even harder is that anyone with any kind of hype in signing seem to flounder harder on the main roster. Hideo Itami and Almas respectively were the biggest names from their region for a long time. Itami ended up in 205 hell after a bunch of injuries that kept him from thriving in NXT and Almas floundered in NXT until finding a good manager and now his peak is probably just occasional US champion on Smackdown until they decide to split up Almas and Vega for no particular reason just like they tried to do to Ruusev when he was starting to get over (Who only saved himself from a lovely feud by marrying his valet)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LU's gonna lose Matanza
https://twitter.com/TheAOster/status/1038633189541994501

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Orlando or Tokyo, you think?

Edit: Probably WWE, cuz he could still do other indies if he signed most other places.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 9, 2018