Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

Hey guys! Tomorrow, we get to see how terrible our fantasy teams are that we spent 2 months obsessing about drafting!

This is the best we’ll feel all season about our teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a reason why Jaylen Samuels has TE eligibility in yahoo? I’d pick him up in my dynasty league, but he doesn’t have TE eligibility there. Any chance that will change?

Edit: Also, who would you want as your only QB for the year? Big Ben or Stafford?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RCarr posted:

Is there a reason why Jaylen Samuels has TE eligibility in yahoo? I’d pick him up in my dynasty league, but he doesn’t have TE eligibility there. Any chance that will change?
He's a versatile player and there's preseason rumors he'll be used as a TE. He's listed by the Steelers as an RB, but NFL.com doesn't even have him with RB eligibility.

quote:

Edit: Also, who would you want as your only QB for the year? Big Ben or Stafford?

Fat Matt.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

pmchem posted:

I just sent out a bunch of offers to acquire Conner in a 12-team PPR, start 1 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 2 flex league (96 teams and complicated format, I'll simply say there are several copies of Conner out there). One guy sent a counter-offer:

my: Chris Hogan, Aaron Jones
his: James Conner

Thoughts? I am leaning towards mashing accept

Do you own Bell? That seems like an overpay to me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If Greg Olsen doesn’t play and forces me to drop a bench stash for a 1 week TE replacement I’m gonna be pissed. Unless I pick up Jaylen Samuels as that player and he goes off. Then I won’t be pissed.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

We already told you Stafford.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Suave Fedora posted:

This is the best we’ll feel all season about our teams.

Nah, best I felt was within 1 hour of my draft ending when I was still whiskey drunk. It's all downhill from here.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

We already told you Stafford.

Yea I guess I’ll make the move. I just have a hard time believing a QB throwing to Marvin Jones will have a better year than a QB throwing to Antonio Brown.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

Yea I guess I’ll make the move. I just have a hard time believing a QB throwing to Marvin Jones will have a better year than a QB throwing to Antonio Brown.

He literally did this last year.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I have weak wr's:

Mike Williams - Chargers
Golladay - Lions
Tyrell Williams - Chargers
Ginn Jr. - Saints

I see that:

Fuller - Texans
Hurns - Cowboys
Ridley - Falcons

Are available.

Worth it to drop Ginn and gamble on Fuller/ Hurns/Ridley?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 8, 2018

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Definitely drop Ginn for Will Fuller. Ginn is going to lose a lot of snaps to Tre'Quan Smith.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Drop Jordy or Golladay for Fuller?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Samuels is a cheat code at TE/RB. Yahoo doesn't take away designation, it only adds it. So, he will be TE eligible all year.

Thing is, it will only take about 5 carries a game to make him a TE1. Soooooo..

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

Samuels is a cheat code at TE/RB. Yahoo doesn't take away designation, it only adds it. So, he will be TE eligible all year.

5 carries a game at 8 ypc maybe

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

89 posted:

Is he rostered as a fullback on the Steelers official roster? That would probably explain it.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Drop Jordy or Golladay for Fuller?

Maybe Galladay. Definitely not Jordy.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

He literally did this last year.

And the year before that. And probably most years the two have been in the league.

Stafford is literally a consistent top..8? QB. Mostly sits at QB5-7.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

RCarr posted:

Yea I guess I’ll make the move. I just have a hard time believing a QB throwing to Marvin Jones and Golden Tate and never hands it off will have a better year than a QB throwing to Antonio Brown.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

With Olsen possibly out for Sunday, should I look into renting a TE? Would have to drop one of

Pierre Garcon
Latavius Murray
Chris Carson
James White
Alex Smith
Matt Breida

Top WW options are

Charles Clay
Eric Ebron
Cameron Brate
Ryan Griffin
Mike Gesicki

This is .5 ppr. Pretty much anyone worth even half a poo poo are in 1:00 games. I'm leaning towards just risking the goose egg from TE this week. Murray is the most obvious drop IMO but I think he'll be valuable if Cook isn't ready to go, and I'd hate to drop him for a 1-week rental that may produce nothing.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Quiet Feet posted:

With Olsen possibly out for Sunday, should I look into renting a TE? Would have to drop one of

Pierre Garcon
Latavius Murray
Chris Carson
James White
Alex Smith
Matt Breida

Top WW options are

Charles Clay
Eric Ebron
Cameron Brate
Ryan Griffin
Mike Gesicki

This is .5 ppr. Pretty much anyone worth even half a poo poo are in 1:00 games. I'm leaning towards just risking the goose egg from TE this week. Murray is the most obvious drop IMO but I think he'll be valuable if Cook isn't ready to go, and I'd hate to drop him for a 1-week rental that may produce nothing.

I'd drop Alex Smith if it's a 1 QB league and he's on your bench

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Quiet Feet posted:

Pierre Garcon
Latavius Murray
Chris Carson
James White
Alex Smith
Matt Breida

Top WW options are

Charles Clay
Eric Ebron
Cameron Brate
Ryan Griffin
Mike Gesicki

Why do you own Smith? 2 QB league? I'd drop him for Ebron.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I believe Ebron can be streamed in week 1. I think he has 5/50/1 upside against the Bengals and you can drop Alex Smith unless you're really sold on him as a QB2.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Lots of love for ebron - do we actually expect him to get volume over Doyle? Didn't Doyle get almost all the first team reps in preseason?

Experts seem to lean towards Doyle as well. 5/50/1 would be a ton of production for the TE2. I'd probably take anyone expected to be their teams TE1 over ebron.

I'd probably coinflip brate (floor) and gesicki (ceiling)

Zauper fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 9, 2018

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I expect the Colts to use an above-average amount of multiple-TE packages and for the receiving TE to get more valuable targets than the in-line TE. We saw it in the third preseason game where Luck threw a TD to Ebron.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I drafted Smith after already spending $2 on Matty Ice and I honestly couldn't tell you why. :downs:

Huh, and apparently I have a trade offer for Smith (and Chris Carson) for Trey Burton (and Rashaad Penny). I'm not really sold on Burton as a TE1 but trade bait might be a better use for Smith. I'm probably getting too clingy because Ryan just looked like poo poo.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Tiptoes posted:

I expect the Colts to use an above-average amount of multiple-TE packages and for the receiving TE to get more valuable targets than the in-line TE. We saw it in the third preseason game where Luck threw a TD to Ebron.

That exact game is why I'm higher than most on Ebron. The Colts WRs are trash outside of TY, I think Ebron and Doyle will get more than enough work.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

I drafted Smith after already spending $2 on Matty Ice and I honestly couldn't tell you why. :downs:

Huh, and apparently I have a trade offer for Smith (and Chris Carson) for Trey Burton (and Rashaad Penny). I'm not really sold on Burton as a TE1 but trade bait might be a better use for Smith. I'm probably getting too clingy because Ryan just looked like poo poo.
Burton wouldn't be a bad get but that dude is trying to steal a starting RB from you. Carson is Good At Football and I think there's a decent chance he will prove it tomorrow. If you're still inclined to sell, you could potentially get much more after the week 1 games.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Just offer him Smith for Burton straight up.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Tiptoes posted:

Burton wouldn't be a bad get but that dude is trying to steal a starting RB from you. Carson is Good At Football and I think there's a decent chance he will prove it tomorrow. If you're still inclined to sell, you could potentially get much more after the week 1 games.

I kind of figured. I'd expressed some interest in his Penny earlier in case the Seattle backfield shakes out differently, but not if it means giving up Carson. Like I don't expect the Seahawks run game to be spectacular but it can't be as bad as last year and one of those dudes has got to be at least a flex play, right?

I've been playing fantasy footbaw for 5 years and, prior to this year, I think I've received one trade offer in the entire time.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 9, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Eifert or Samuels for a Greg Olsen replacement?

Edit: I guess Olsen is gonna play now, but I have a free roster spot since I just traded Cohen away for a 10th rounder. I kinda wanna stash Samuels just in case he ends up having a decent sized roll. That RB/TE designation is alluring!

RCarr fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 9, 2018

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

RCarr posted:

Edit: I guess Olsen is gonna play now, but I have a free roster spot since I just traded Cohen away for a 10th rounder. I kinda wanna stash Samuels just in case he ends up having a decent sized roll. That RB/TE designation is alluring!

who was that Jaguar that was listed as a RB/WR a few years ago because he was an 'offensive weapon'? How good was he?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RCarr posted:

I'd rather roll on Eifert because IF he's finally healthy, he's potent. We don't know what this Samuels guy is going to do.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TommyGun85 posted:

who was that Jaguar that was listed as a RB/WR a few years ago because he was an 'offensive weapon'? How good was he?

Denard Robinson?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Do I just flex Sutton for kicks over:

Cohen
Crowell
Gordon
Riddick
Stills
K Cole

1ppr

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ShaneB posted:

Cohen
Crowell
Gordon
Riddick
Stills
K Cole

1ppr

Uh... no. Especially not Cole.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

ShaneB posted:

Cohen
Crowell
Gordon
Riddick
Stills
K Cole

1ppr
Yes do it. You know you want to.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Uh... no. Especially not Cole.

What do you know about Cole? I’m p sure he’s available in both my leagues

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

the_american_dream posted:

He’s the WR1 for Jax basically. (Outside of ASJ of course)

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

the_american_dream posted:

He's Jacksonville's #1 WR

I'm thinking of starting him over Demaryius Thomas as my WR 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Keith Atherton posted:

He's Jacksonville's #1 WR

I'm thinking of starting him over Demaryius Thomas as my WR 2

I'd say that's getting too cute in week 1. Stick with the proven WR and see how things shake out.