Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

I did a thing posted:

this guy throw 3 single jalapenos on there at the end? wtf

those are 3 olives

wait, did that goon get his name from this video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

My preferences in order are:

1) Dutch Masters Palmas
2) Swisher Tropicals
3) White owl White Grape

I can't roll joints for poo poo yet

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

I did a thing posted:

this guy throw 3 single jalapenos on there at the end? wtf

jalepeno olive pizza bae

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
my fav is none pizza with left beef

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

ymgve posted:

those are 3 olives

wait, did that goon get his name from this video

it is also the name of a popular vodka brand

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

many bothams died to bring us this information

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

so the ocean is gonna reclaim the carolinas, huh

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Crusader posted:

we can only hope

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Crusader posted:

the only thing on the coast of the carolinas that is worth a poo poo is charleston and even that is still basically a monument to the confederacy

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crusader posted:

the ocean will have us all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-eRY5QG3yo

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if a pig walk into my apartment well lmao ill be eating bacon for dinner if u kno wat in sayin

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Lmao they're trying to explain QAnon on Japanese TV.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol she totally just did this to see if she could get away with it

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016

Calibanibal posted:

if a pig walk into my apartment well lmao ill be eating bacon for dinner if u kno wat in sayin

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't not know if anyone is still talking about three billboards outside ebbing, Missouri, but I just want to say that's it's literally one of the worst film I've ever seen, and I will never take your opinion seriously again on film or literature if you think otherwise.

Here's a good review with which I agree wholeheartedly. Also, Vince Mancini is a phenomenal film critic.

https://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/three-billboards-dated-bad/

The review calls it torture to sit through, which it was. The acting was great though, and I think many people are blinded by that and can't see how godawful that script is. Ugh, just thinking about it has made me angry again with that loving hack fraud of a Martin McDonagh’s. The only good thing coming from this piece of poo poo movie is that critics have begun to negatively re-evaluate his former stuff, especially his retarded plays. Anyway, do read the review, here's the intro:

intro from the review posted:

If you look at the IMDb stills from Martin McDonagh’s first short film, “Six Shooter,” you can find a picture of Brendan Gleeson holding a pistol up to the head of a bunny. McDonagh’s first full-length feature, In Bruges, notably featured a scene of Colin Farrell karate chopping a racist dwarf. Which is to say, McDonagh’s work has not traditionally been characterized by the subtle (which was part of why we loved him). This is once again true in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, but unlike in his much-loved (especially by me) debut, this time around, McDonagh doesn’t seem to have a clue about the people or the place that he’s writing about. All I could think watching it was: that’s not how people talk, that’s not how people act, that’s not how things work — that’s not how anything works. And if you can’t get the small stuff right, the big stuff doesn’t matter.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

oliwan posted:

I don't not know if anyone is still talking about three billboards outside ebbing, Missouri, but I just want to say that's it's literally one of the worst film I've ever seen, and I will never take your opinion seriously again on film or literature if you think otherwise.

Here's a good review with which I agree wholeheartedly. Also, Vince Mancini is a phenomenal film critic.

The review calls it torture to sit through, which it was. The acting was great though, and I think many people are blinded by that and can't see how godawful that script is. Ugh, just thinking about it has made me angry again with that loving hack fraud of a Martin McDonagh’s. The only good thing coming from this piece of poo poo movie is that critics have begun to negatively re-evaluate his former stuff, especially his retarded plays. Anyway, do read the review, here's the intro:

quote:

Moreover, does McDonagh think Middle America is one giant Jerry Springer episode? Where people just go around oval office punting each other and shouting “retard?”

as someone who grow up in the countryside this is the most accurate description of it yet

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer
i had two different neighbors who were commonly known as "tobias särling" and "CP krister" both of which are variations of the word retard

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer
oh and someone in my elementary class was called "mikael mongo"

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

oliwan posted:

https://i.imgur.com/nDSUi4z.mp4

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer
i was once kicked in the balls by a fourteen year old girl when i called her a "fjortis"

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

You-ah are-ah fjortis, a bork bork bork!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
im watching hereditary with my wife rn and that low thumping bassline had me thinking the neighbors had a party going on but it's weirdly persistent

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

oliwan posted:

:fuckoff:

idontlikething.jpg

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

ex post facho posted:

im watching hereditary with my wife rn and that low thumping bassline had me thinking the neighbors had a party going on but it's weirdly persistent

Say hi to the wife for me

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Me and my many beauitful lovers, of all size and gender and ethnicity, all watching three billboards, and loving it

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
you live an amazing life, calibanibal

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/KristinMinkDC/status/1038396317830193153

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

shiksa posted:

4chan nazis made fake images to troll ppl into thinking that it was a white power thing then they all started to do the ok sign in photos to signify that they were 4chan nazis because they forgot that it was a troll and just ended up making it a white power virtue signaling thing

I don't think that's what virtue signaling means

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

ex post facho posted:

i really enjoyed about 2/3 of that before it got too hacky

the family slowly dealing with trauma felt good and you could probably strip the supernatural stuff out or make it less obvious and not sure if it's in her head or not.

the seance bit and walking on walls felt like garbage from whatever jump scare fest is hot now. the mom hiding in the corner for the slow zoom out was effective. her scooby doo running across the wall was in a way but it felt ridiculous

it has some real bad problems with shot timing feeling like a comedy like her wailing after the daughter's death staying at the same level through several cuts, the father bursting into flames, and her head hammering the attic door

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LegoMan posted:

Little caesar's is the best cheap pizza you can buy period. I mean it's c quality pizza at best but when you can walk in pay 7 bucks and walk out with a hot pizza that doesn't taste like garbage you can't beat that.

you are being overcharged by 2$

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
3 billboards was about a fairly normal woman in a fairly normal small town who had extraordinarily painful things happen to her and she snapped. No, kicking people in crotches, especially an adult doing it to children, isn't normal. That was the point.

If you want to see normal people doing normal things then go outside, shut the gently caress up, and never watch another movie again.

K9
May 6, 2007

three billboards was the film version of that photo of three nazis with a kitten

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Melanie - FLOATUS posted:

don't talk to cops

:d2a:

I don't think the guy got in trouble for talking to a cop...

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

it's always the goddamned emails

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crusader posted:

gaia's got a gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

If u shittalk 3 billboards again i will destroy u. Ill gently caress up your face so bad itll look like a steak n shake steakburger

• Locked thread