Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Next you're gonna say people can't gently caress fish men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:snoo:

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nae! posted:

i almost knifed a drunk dude who went into my apartment at 6am when i was out walking my dog, but he had the presence of mind to realize he'd deeply hosed up before i had to do anything, so he walked away and left his burrito right on the table where he'd been eating it

you'd better believe my dog defended me from that burrito

please tell me you ate it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oliwan posted:

I don't not know if anyone is still talking about three billboards outside ebbing, Missouri, but I just want to say that's it's literally one of the worst film I've ever seen, and I will never take your opinion seriously again on film or literature if you think otherwise.

Here's a good review with which I agree wholeheartedly. Also, Vince Mancini is a phenomenal film critic.

https://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/three-billboards-dated-bad/

The review calls it torture to sit through, which it was. The acting was great though, and I think many people are blinded by that and can't see how godawful that script is. Ugh, just thinking about it has made me angry again with that loving hack fraud of a Martin McDonagh’s. The only good thing coming from this piece of poo poo movie is that critics have begun to negatively re-evaluate his former stuff, especially his retarded plays. Anyway, do read the review, here's the intro:

actually it was great

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
only tv i care about is TRUUUMP

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

kill it with fire jesus

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

brb registering cspam

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/PresidentTrump_/status/1038574945733881857

looking forward to alex's next facial hair journey

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
3 billboards was okay if unmemorable. some of it was a bit too on the nose but it felt more earnest in that sense

that vince mancini review made me upset more than anything else. no thanks to someone who makes overreaching assumptions about how a film's setting (in this case, small town america) is "supposed to work" even though they've clearly never experienced anything remotely similar

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

:hmmyes:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

DryGoods posted:

thanks for that, i forgot about my fav pizza video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

the first time that I ever saw this video I was really high and I laughed so hard I was crying for more than a minute

something about when he just keeps shoveling in trash combined with the title just killed me

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
i don't have a problem if you don't like the movie but that guy's whole review was basically middle-america doesn't say some words

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Qurnah posted:

it's always the goddamned emails

Never send or receive emails

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Waffle House posted:

I really do not miss selling weed. poo poo complete realigns people's opinions of you as a friend and community member, and man I was just too loving nice to charge people a ton of money for it so I just basically made pocket change going through hella volume

Shits so cheap now in th le legal states anyways. I grow now because I find it fun but I'll never sell because it's not worth it. Salem has 50 dollar ozs.

My plant fuckin rules tho

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

The last person to poopoo 3 billboards in my presence ended up on 4 billboards. Missing person billboards!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
thanks for the Vince Mancinni update, guys

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

actually it was great

https://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/three-billboards-dated-bad/2/

quote:

My screening audience sure reacted like it was, hooting and hollering and clapping at all the appropriate moments.

this was me

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

as someone who has lived in either the south or midwest for my entire life, i have never and will never read or consider a review of any media in any format from some effete liberal who feels like this or that isn't how things REALLY are in the rough and tumble cowboy west

the same people who think stuff like Three Billboards is garbage also think Mulholland Drive is genius and thus are huge loving morons

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Qurnah posted:

i was once kicked in the balls by a fourteen year old girl when i called her a "fjortis"

kult

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer
i'm just a hooting and hollering guy i guess

can't help it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I don't obsessively follow hollywood personalities or see that many movies so I don't frankly give two shits about their other movies lol

I guess I'm apparently supposed to also think that the Cohen Brothers are garbage tier because they explore and reuse a lot of the same themes?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Finicums Wake posted:

please tell me you ate it

lmao are you kidding? once my dog saw it, he was on it before i could so much as sweep the rice off the rug

fuckin thing was as big as his head and he ate it in maybe three bites

edit: for some context, the dude got so scared he knocked the burrito over and it hit the rug, which is why my dog had first crack at it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

LegoMan posted:

Shits so cheap now in th le legal states anyways. I grow now because I find it fun but I'll never sell because it's not worth it. Salem has 50 dollar ozs.

Nice

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
smoking weed: constitutional

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1038569833191956481

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

ffs what about diamond & silk?

priorities

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nae! posted:

lmao are you kidding? once my dog saw it, he was on it before i could so much as sweep the rice off the rug

edit: for some context, the dude got so scared he knocked the burrito over and it hit the rug, which is why my dog had first crack at it

lol that owns

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
weed is covered under commerce clause because of contact high

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Nae! posted:

just shaking my head that you didn't dive headfirst to beat your dog to that floor burrito. shameful

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Uh you loving hoist the American space program on the DEAs petard is what you loving do

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

oliwan posted:

I don't not know if anyone is still talking about three billboards outside ebbing, Missouri, but I just want to say that's it's literally one of the worst film I've ever seen, and I will never take your opinion seriously again on film or literature if you think otherwise.

Here's a good review with which I agree wholeheartedly. Also, Vince Mancini is a phenomenal film critic.

https://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/three-billboards-dated-bad/

The review calls it torture to sit through, which it was. The acting was great though, and I think many people are blinded by that and can't see how godawful that script is. Ugh, just thinking about it has made me angry again with that loving hack fraud of a Martin McDonagh’s. The only good thing coming from this piece of poo poo movie is that critics have begun to negatively re-evaluate his former stuff, especially his retarded plays. Anyway, do read the review, here's the intro:

you dumb

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

LegoMan posted:

oh yeah?????? well i grow flowers too mister!!!!

i can't smoke them though :( :( :(

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

USAF should worry about other things

like the $100 million massive drone base they're building in West Africa

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

LegoMan posted:

Salem has 50 dollar ozs.

Jesus that's like 1/4 of what it used to be on like a GOOD day down here in Texas lmao

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

The word retard appears 58 times in Citizen Cane, i guess im supposed to hate hitchcock now??

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

DryGoods posted:

just shaking my head that you didn't dive headfirst to beat your dog to that floor burrito. shameful

before the guy went upstairs to my apartment, not realizing where he was, i passed him nodding off on his porch with the burrito in front of him. he fell asleep and faceplanted into it, getting guac and cream all over his forehead.

i didn't really want it after that.

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Calibanibal posted:

The word retard appears 58 times in Citizen Cane, i guess im supposed to hate hitchcock now??

mwaahaaa the french

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
gently caress you guys and your legal weeds. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think that's what virtue signaling means

sure it is. they're signaling their virtues of hate and white supremacy to others who know what to look for. again the far right is projection, time and time again.

• Locked thread