Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

froglet posted:

ScoMo wants to make people migrate to regional areas.

Pretty sure they tried this in America with refugees and it didn't work.

I can totally see people doing whatever to stay then immediately moving to Sydney or Melbourne.

quote:

Asked about suggestions that Treasury officials wanted more people coming in and Home Affairs officials wanted fewer people coming in, the Treasurer said there was no difference of opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Homes Affairs just feels that their job of making sure people don't overstay their visas, or that they're not breaking customs law bringing in fruit would be a lot easier if no one actually came to the country, or left.

This whole 'get people to go to the regions' thing has been around since Abbott was PM. Do they realise they need to create jobs in regional areas to get people to go there? And not just moving a government department to some random town.

smacfm
May 7, 2018
That's what they think all the mining and resource sector evangelism poo poo is for - rural jobs! I won't waste the words explaining why it is dumb. The CFMEU (and ETU, to a lesser extent) share this particular brain malfunction at an institutional level.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Is that Nazi guy still around? Not a lot of mentions after that '14 article.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
there’s video of scott morrison wondering around outside the MCG yesterday introducing himself as “scomo” and no one knowing who he is

also during the game he got bood the gently caress out of

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I like the implication that a lot of confused bogans got inside the MCG and all started up on their phones googling "who is scomo"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Reclines Obesily posted:

there’s video of scott morrison wondering around outside the MCG yesterday introducing himself as “scomo” and no one knowing who he is

They boo everyone. The only guy that never got boos was Hawkey.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Reclines Obesily posted:

because he's a flog

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
that just makes it weirder, scomo is just as much of a bloody legend as hawkey

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
if sky news is anything to go by, the liberals are settling on what made them lose wagga wagga

leading reason atm is the candidate being a woman

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Want to see scomo drink a big beer in one go.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Gillard loves Footscary, did she ever get boos during doggy matches?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gillard didn't get booed at AFL.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

JBP posted:

Instead of cheering him on someone would do that thing where they hit the bottom of the glass and it smacks your teeth

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
did a quick check and in an article about abbott being boo‘d it mentions gillard and hawk as the only exceptions

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
What about Howard a cricket matches? I hear he's an adept bowler.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Watch Scomo score the winning try in the NRL Grand Final with the Sharks beating the Smellbourne Storm 32 to 28.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We should implement these for pm xi or whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcCDA0j4aCE

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

JBP posted:

Beer, bleach. Potato, Dutton.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Starshark posted:

What about Howard a cricket matches? I hear he's an adept bowler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8by05rtMY

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Who says a brutal invasion can't also be a cheeky bit of fun

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Hurrah another family destroyer

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5FX82uFcqw

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Did Turnbull ever try a sport for PR? Abbot had his speedo shoots

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Some bloke has murdered 5 people including kids in WA. Cops have them in custody.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-09/bedford-bodies-found-in-perth-home/10219442

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Polls soon?

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

drunkill posted:

Some bloke has murdered 5 people including kids in WA. Cops have them in custody.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-09/bedford-bodies-found-in-perth-home/10219442

isn't this like the third or fourth time this has happened just this year?

it reminds me of all those afrikaner domestic murder-suicides in south africa towards the end of apartheid, it was some wild poo poo

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I prefer Turnbull's snobby aloofness among the peasantry than ScoMo and Abbott's poor attempt to relate to them.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

WE'RE COMING BACK

(I love the bikie gang cut omfg)

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

TheIllestVillain posted:

isn't this like the third or fourth time this has happened just this year?

it reminds me of all those afrikaner domestic murder-suicides in south africa towards the end of apartheid, it was some wild poo poo

Off the top of my head, it's the second family mass murder in WA this year. I've also been hearing an unusual amount of news stories that go "body found in house in perth suburbs, police yet to announce suspect, seeking information from public". On top of that we've had the trials of some unusually sensational murders, by Australian standards. Like the two women who lured in the autistic kid to indulge their serial killer obsession and the guy who murdered his son and had his other kids bury the body so he could watch the footy.

I can't think of any obvious factor to explain an increase in violence so I'm more inclined to believe it is explained by some combination of coincidence and shift in media or police practice.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
I swear Perth has far more weird murders than the other states.

I don't think it's even that it happens that frequently, it's just that each case has some weird detail that makes you think "wow, Perth people are utterly hosed". We had the Birnies, The Night Caller (Edgar Cooke), the Claremont Serial Killer has only been caught in recent years, quite a few where a conviction has been laid despite no body being found, I worked with a guy who a year or two after I left that job killed someone over drugs, tried to find somewhere to stash the body by driving it around in a skip bin all day, gave up, then buried him in the back yard of his accomplice's house, so dwell on that next time you hire a bin from Bunnings.

There was also the guy who borrowed his neighbours car, used it to dispose of a body, then returned it completely soaked in blood. :gonk:

gently caress Perth.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

froglet posted:

gently caress Perth.

Good advice

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
watching the block for the first time in my life and what the gently caress is this lmao

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's bad, that is what The Block is

Conclusions
Oct 18, 2003

The ball of yarn will be on your desk by Friday.
Then more recently there was the father and daughter that killed his wife, put her in a suitcase and tried to dump the corpse in the Swan River.

I also remember the most amazing kebab place in Mt Lawley. Then they found a murdered grandmother in their bins out the back of the shop.

froglet posted:

gently caress Perth.

Conclusions fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Sep 9, 2018

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the father and daughter killed their wife??

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Conclusions posted:

Then more recently there was the father and daughter that killed their wife, put her in a suitcase and tried to dump the corpse in the Swan River.

I also remember the most amazing kebab place in Mt Lawley. Then they found a murdered grandmother in their bins out the back of the shop.

And how were the kebabs made from her?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

froglet posted:

I swear Perth has far more weird murders than the other states.

I don't think it's even that it happens that frequently, it's just that each case has some weird detail that makes you think "wow, Perth people are utterly hosed". We had the Birnies, The Night Caller (Edgar Cooke), the Claremont Serial Killer has only been caught in recent years, quite a few where a conviction has been laid despite no body being found, I worked with a guy who a year or two after I left that job killed someone over drugs, tried to find somewhere to stash the body by driving it around in a skip bin all day, gave up, then buried him in the back yard of his accomplice's house, so dwell on that next time you hire a bin from Bunnings.

There was also the guy who borrowed his neighbours car, used it to dispose of a body, then returned it completely soaked in blood. :gonk:

gently caress Perth.

my sister has prosecuted 3 cases I think where a body was found in the boot of a car behind a motel.

She is known as The Body In A Boot Lady now at the DPP.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

froglet posted:

Yeah but did they at least refill the tank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conclusions
Oct 18, 2003

The ball of yarn will be on your desk by Friday.

bowmore posted:

the father and daughter killed their wife??

His wife. Goddamn pronouns.
http://amp.abc.net.au/article/10173060

iajanus posted:

And how were the kebabs made from her?
I never went back, but I always wondered.

• Locked thread