Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

froglet posted:

I swear Perth has far more weird murders than the other states.

I don't think it's even that it happens that frequently, it's just that each case has some weird detail that makes you think "wow, Perth people are utterly hosed". We had the Birnies, The Night Caller (Edgar Cooke), the Claremont Serial Killer has only been caught in recent years, quite a few where a conviction has been laid despite no body being found, I worked with a guy who a year or two after I left that job killed someone over drugs, tried to find somewhere to stash the body by driving it around in a skip bin all day, gave up, then buried him in the back yard of his accomplice's house, so dwell on that next time you hire a bin from Bunnings.

There was also the guy who borrowed his neighbours car, used it to dispose of a body, then returned it completely soaked in blood. :gonk:

gently caress Perth.

And just when I thought Adelaide was leading the country on something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

bowmore posted:

the father and daughter killed their wife??

gently caress, I can get a great burn on bowmore here... I KNOW I can... but what is it?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Dilapidated bank vaults full of acid barrels containing chopped up dead bodies capital of the world

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
SERENA Williams’ astonishing tantrum at Saturday’s US Open tennis final was ugly enough. But her excuses were even worse. Blame the poison of the victim movement, writes Andrew Bolt.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

SERENA Williams’ astonishing tantrum at Saturday’s US Open tennis final was ugly enough. But her excuses were even worse. Blame the poison of the victim movement, writes Andrew Bolt.

I wish someone would write his obituary

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yeah but Serena cheated. She got caught listening to her coach mid match and couldn't calm down when they were caught out on it.

It was awkward as gently caress.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I might read that article. Being a professional victim himself, his opinion will be an expert one.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I don't know why so many tennis players have extreme anger issues like this and the umpire was being fair and balanced for not taking poo poo and being expected to overlook cheating because Serena has star power.

She threw the match and basically threatened the umpires job because he wouldn't let her zig zag over the rules of the game.

I mean what kind of player threatens to fire the referee. That's not how this works.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

I don't know why so many tennis players have extreme anger issues like this and the umpire was being fair and balanced for not taking poo poo and being expected to overlook cheating because Serena has star power.

She threw the match and basically threatened the umpires job because he wouldn't let her zig zag over the rules of the game.

I mean what kind of player threatens to fire the referee. That's not how this works.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Tennis and Brisbane Strong.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

this broken hill posted:

watching the block for the first time in my life and what the gently caress is this lmao

A scripted reality rennovation TV show where contestants shop for style items between game show contests and interviews in paint smeared clothing while armies of low paid tradespeople signed to strict NDAs do all the actual work, and an upper middle class couple of house flippers win a cash prize. It's Boomer crack.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Anidav posted:

She does that poo poo all the time, it rules, she's like if John McEnroe was the best player in history

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Sep 9, 2018

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
my uncle is visiting some of australias most iconic landmarks during his holidays and he has some bad news. haddons corner was vandalised... someone had taken a poo poo close to the monument and hadn’t even buried it

(happier times)

2018 australia folks

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
not pointing any fingers but it WAS on the queensland side of the border

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Reclines Obesily posted:

my uncle is visiting some of australias most iconic landmarks during his holidays and he has some bad news. haddons corner was vandalised... someone had taken a poo poo close to the monument and hadn’t even buried it

(happier times)

2018 australia folks

I think that was just QLD.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
Also, murderhaus was once I'd ride my bike past every day on my way to work before I moved earlier this year.

Man, poor family. :(

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I remember reading about how there apparently were a fuckload of pater familicide cases in an old news story used to push gun control laws.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

*DING* [freeze frame on Wile-e Coyote] Domesticus Abusis Familiaris

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Sep 9, 2018

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1038751873237319682

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

ScoWho?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1038751873237319682

edit:

boo
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1038752424196886529
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1038752629076058112

drunkill fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Sep 9, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
People hate the Coalition and don't know who Morrison is.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
drat even the australian didnt try to spin the ppm

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I can't believe they fall for this poo poo.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
this terrible poll surprised me, i was certain they’d get a bump

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Doctor Spaceman posted:

People hate the Coalition and don't know who Morrison is.

It's almost like preferred prime minister is a lovely metric to measure, because no one votes for a prime minister, you're voting for parties based on policies.

or supposed to, anyway.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1038753700607483904

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Remember this is the time when they should be getting a honeymoon period in the pools.
The only place to go is down, particularly now that they've scrapped all the policy that was remotely popular with business and the public.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

norp posted:

Remember this is the time when they should be getting a honeymoon period in the pools.
The only place to go is down, particularly now that they've scrapped all the policy that was remotely popular with business and the public.

I honestly think it is extremely hard for a Federal Election to be anything but 52-48.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

NTRabbit posted:

A scripted reality rennovation TV show where contestants shop for style items between game show contests and interviews in paint smeared clothing while armies of low paid tradespeople signed to strict NDAs do all the actual work, and an upper middle class couple of house flippers win a cash prize. It's Boomer crack.
It’s mental. Reality TV needs personalities and drama. Block contestants are pure voids and nothing happens except mild reno troubles. There’s no show! I don’t get it. That said I don’t give a poo poo about houses, they’re the most boring thing people talk about.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
labor picked up an extra point on the primary vote, they‘re at 42 now

https://twitter.com/Mr_Nobull/status/1038753834103754753

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

norp posted:

It looks like Morrison only is getting the honeymoon; everyone can see the Liberals are a garbage fire but they're willing to give Morrison a go and attempt to put it out.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Morrison is the garage fire and will drop like a rock as soon as they play clips of his pre nice uncle sharks days when he was a loving rear end in a top hat tough guy who acted basically like Joe Hockey did except the cigar went in the other hole.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snoremac posted:

It’s mental. Reality TV needs personalities and drama. Block contestants are pure voids and nothing happens except mild reno troubles. There’s no show! I don’t get it. That said I don’t give a poo poo about houses, they’re the most boring thing people talk about.

One of the women on the show seems to be incredibly emotionally unstable and in serious need of professional mental health treatment, I assume she's where the drama comes from.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
My money is still on the only reason Bishop stayed on is they promised her leadership if they lose the next federal election.

Whether or not she'll actually get it is another matter.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Whitlam posted:

My money is still on the only reason Bishop stayed on is they promised her leadership if they lose the next federal election.

Whether or not she'll actually get it is another matter.
There's a chance she might be the only option left.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
imo pyne is fine leadership material, if he doesnt lose his seat

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

They will pick Porter instead of Bishop and we all know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/DHughesy/status/1038722051048058880

heh

• Locked thread