Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Khajit has wares if you have coin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus Jones posted:

I saw it as a “Grade your deuce” chart.

The poo poo List posted:

code:
> Ghost poo poo -- You know you've poo poo.  There's poo poo on the toilet paper, but
> 	there's no poo poo in the toilet.
> Teflon Coated poo poo -- Comes out so slick, clean, and easy that you don't even
> 	feel it.  No traces of poo poo on the toilet paper.  You have to look for
> 	the poo poo in the toilet to be sure you did it.
> Gooey poo poo -- This has the consistency of hot tar.  You wipe your rear end 12 times
> 	and it still doesn't come clean.  You end up putting toilet paper in
> 	you underwear so you don't stain it.  This poo poo leaves permanent skid
> 	marks in the toilet.
> Second Thought poo poo -- You're all done wiping you rear end and you're about to stand
> 	up when you realize it...you've got to poo poo more.
> Pop A Vein In Your Forehead poo poo -- This is the kind of poo poo that killed Elvis
> 	It just doesn't want to come out until you're all sweaty, trembling,
> 	and purple from straining so hard.
> Richard Simmons poo poo -- You poo poo so much, you lose 10 pounds.
> Right Now poo poo -- You better be within 30 seconds a toilet.  Usually it has
> 	it's head out before you get your pants down.
> Green poo poo -- Comes the day after eating a big spinach salad.
> King Kong or Commode Choker poo poo -- This poo poo is so big that you know it won't
> 	go down the toilet unless you break it into smaller chunks.  A coat
> 	hanger works well.  This kind of poo poo usually happens at someone else's
> 	house.
> Cork poo poo -- (Also known as Floaters) Even after the third flush, it's still
> 	floating in there.  My God!  How do I get rid of it?!  This poo poo also
> 	usually happens at someone else's house.
> Wet Cheeks poo poo -- This poo poo hits the water sideways and makes a BIG splash
> 	that gets your rear end all wet.
> Wish poo poo -- You sit there all cramped up and fart a few times, but no poo poo.
> Cement Block poo poo or Oh God! poo poo -- You wish you'd gotten a spinal block
> 	before you poo poo.
> Snake poo poo -- This poo poo is fairly soft and about as big around as your thumb
> 	and at least 3 feet long.
> Mexican Food poo poo -- (Also Called Screamers) You'll know it's alright to eat
> 	again when your rear end in a top hat stops burning.
> Beer Drunk poo poo -- This happens the day after the night before.  Normally your
> 	poo poo doesn't smell too bad, but this poo poo is BAD!  Usually there's
> 	someone standing outside waiting to use the bathroom.  This kind of
> 	poo poo also usually happens at someone else's house.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
The translation is still weirdly ominous. JESUS IS LOOKING FOR YOU.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Goddamn :stare: but also lol

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

Ohhhh Yeahhhhh!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
1000 pages! Do we keep going?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminds me of those YT thumbnails of a woman talking about how immigrants should all go back to their home countries until the last one is her talking about being deported because she overstayed a student visa.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

It's the elisions in old-timey writing that confuse me. What were they self-censoring by saying "B-t"?

"Blast you, what are you stareing at?"

Seems the word blast was a profanity.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
with sound

https://twitter.com/DeeeerSimulator/status/1038331867601092608

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

And also this one:

Dalton was really shafted by Moore and the EON; the guy was the designated lead for 3-5 other Bond movies, in addition of those two he actually got to make.

1) Too young to replace Connery, 2) Still too young to replace Moore, 3) Moore came back with a principality clause, 4) Never made due to legal issues, 5) Production delayed and replaced by Brosnan.

Must have been a loving laugh riot to work for the EON.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Seems funny given iirc Roger Moore (or one of them anyway) was disgusted when he was still cast as Bond while his love interest's mother was younger than him.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Reminds me of those YT thumbnails of a woman talking about how immigrants should all go back to their home countries until the last one is her talking about being deported because she overstayed a student visa.

There's also Lauren Southern who was on a boat trying to stop refugees from entering Europe and then had to get said boat saved by their coast guard.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Seems funny given iirc Roger Moore (or one of them anyway) was disgusted when he was still cast as Bond while his love interest's mother was younger than him.

It almost seems like he liked the money and fame that came with the role, even if he hated to do them? Considering, isn't the current Bond actor in the exact same situation? Or Connery, who finally walked away when the salary demands finally bounced.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

There's also Lauren Southern who was on a boat trying to stop refugees from entering Europe and then had to get said boat saved by their coast guard.

Fairly sure she also got banned from the UK for causing poo poo.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://my.mixtape.moe/gjtxtv.mp4

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1038763701191421953

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah. That was A View To A Kill (1985). The Bond Girl in that movie was Tanya Roberts, and he was older than her mother.

* This piece of Bond Movie Trivia (TM) brought to you by the HDTGM podcast episode featuring special guest stars Matt Gorley and Matt Mira of the James Bonding podcast.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Snowy posted:

M’SPAINT :tipshat:

:tip shat:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jesus, Straight People™ culture gets weirder every loving day.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Yeah. That was A View To A Kill (1985). The Bond Girl in that movie was Tanya Roberts, and he was older than her mother.

* This piece of Bond Movie Trivia (TM) brought to you by the HDTGM podcast episode featuring special guest stars Matt Gorley and Matt Mira of the James Bonding podcast.

Yes, and the rest of them were

1) Too young to replace Connery --> On Her Majesty's Secret Service (went to Lazenby who looked similar, but older on camera)
2) Still too young to replace Moore --> For Your Eyes Only, Dalton was actually hired and started to rehearse for the role, but still was ultimately dropped because he looked too young on-camera. This is the reason why it starts with a graveyard scene, to give the new actor some screentime before action, and is much more serious than the rest of the Moore flicks.
3) Moore came back with a principality clause --> A View to A Kill, Moore decided to do this so no-one else was asked. Should have, Bond looks ancient in this one.
4) Never made due to legal issues --> The Property of a Lady, would have been the one preceding Goldeneye but never left the pre-production phase.
5) Production delayed and replaced by Brosnan. --> Goldeneye, Dalton declined "serial contract of 3-4 movies" and was replaced.

This piece of Bond MovieTrivia brought to you by surfing the wikipedia when idling.

EDIT: And of course Dalton's 2 Bond films were between the bullets 3 and 4, but on the other hand he only got the gig finally after Moore left for good because Pierce Brosnan was not available at that time, doing Remington Steele. So Dalton started as the backup for Moore/Brosnan and Brosnan was later used as his backup.

Der Kyhe has a new favorite as of 16:14 on Sep 9, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There was one point where Dalton was prevented from doing it (I think 1986, when Brosnan was originally going to get the role but was stopped because Remington Steel was renewed) because he was busy working on the now-forgotten comic strip adaptation movie Brenda Starr, which was a starring role for Brooke Shields, a movie considered so bad that it was sat on for three years and didn't come out until 1989.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

There was one point where Dalton was prevented from doing it (I think 1986, when Brosnan was originally going to get the role but was stopped because Remington Steel was renewed) because he was busy working on the now-forgotten comic strip adaptation movie Brenda Starr, which was a starring role for Brooke Shields, a movie considered so bad that it was sat on for three years and didn't come out until 1989.

Please tell me he played this character. (Doesn't matter which one.)

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jerry Cotton posted:

Please tell me he played this character. (Doesn't matter which one.)

That's Basil St. John on the right, and yes, Dalton played him.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

For whatever reason (probably malware) my malware blocker is going nuts over whatever this is, it is posted anywhere else?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

13Pandora13 posted:

For whatever reason (probably malware) my malware blocker is going nuts over whatever this is, it is posted anywhere else?

It's probably because it's on a .moe domain. Here you go.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Besesoth posted:

It's probably because it's on a .moe domain. Here you go.

Thanks, I hate it.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Is that 'put your clothes back on I'll buy you an ice cream'cos thats the best.

Next best age-weird thing is Grant and Hepburn making it explicitly clear that she's doing the pursuing in ace thriller Charade cos otherwise eeeeeh

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What loving straight bullshit is this

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I only realized last week that Cary Grant, much like literally every really big-name Hollywood actor back in the day, was British.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MeteIeSazon/status/1038605766603751424

One of the best Twitter accounts imo.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

I only realized last week that Cary Grant, much like literally every really big-name Hollywood actor back in the day, was British.

His real name was Archie Leach, which is also the name of John Cleese‘s character in A Fish Called Wanda. That is not a name grown in the United States.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

His real name was Archie Leach, which is also the name of John Cleese‘s character in A Fish Called Wanda. That is not a name grown in the United States.

So what are popular names for fish in the US?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

13Pandora13 posted:

Thanks, I hate it.

Should've listened to you're malware blocker, it clearly knows better than you

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Jerry Cotton posted:

So what are popular names for fish in the US?

Flipper skipper guppy etc

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

This is C4H5As - 4 Carbon, 5 Hydrogen, 1 Arsenic.

The molecule is called arsole.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Besesoth posted:

This is C4H5As - 4 Carbon, 5 Hydrogen, 1 Arsenic.

The molecule is called arsole.

This is a minion/fat-suit cosplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That child's got a rough life ahead of him.