Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I drafted this way back right before the first preseason game (only time all 10 could get together in person, oh well). It's a 2QB no-PPR league (total positions are 2QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FLEX/K/D). I was picking at #4 and Rodgers/Brady/Wilson were the top 3, so I decided to go with a sure thing in Brown since QB is so deep this year, even in a 2QB league.

QB: Philip Rivers
QB: Blake Bortles
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Joe Mixon
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Marvin Jones
WR: Allen Hurns
TE: Kyle Rudolph
R/W/T: Corey Davis
BENCH: Alex Smith (QB), Alex Collins (RB), Latavius Murray (RB), Dion Lewis (RB), Nick Chubb (RB), Kalen Ballage (RB), Josh Gordon! (WR), Cameron Meredith (WR), Keelan Cole (WR), Keke Coutee (WR)

I've dropped Coutee and Meredith for a K and DEF along with Nyheim Hines for Alf Morris. Feeling decent about this I think? RB is probably my weakest spot, but I figure out of that batch I should get 2 serviceable backups behind Melvin Gordon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Goons shooting themselves in the foot early in season is the best tradition.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Zero_Grade posted:

I drafted this way back right before the first preseason game (only time all 10 could get together in person, oh well). It's a 2QB no-PPR league (total positions are 2QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FLEX/K/D). I was picking at #4 and Rodgers/Brady/Wilson were the top 3, so I decided to go with a sure thing in Brown since QB is so deep this year, even in a 2QB league.

QB: Philip Rivers
QB: Blake Bortles
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Joe Mixon
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Marvin Jones
WR: Allen Hurns
TE: Kyle Rudolph
R/W/T: Corey Davis
BENCH: Alex Smith (QB), Alex Collins (RB), Latavius Murray (RB), Dion Lewis (RB), Nick Chubb (RB), Kalen Ballage (RB), Josh Gordon! (WR), Cameron Meredith (WR), Keelan Cole (WR), Keke Coutee (WR)

I've dropped Coutee and Meredith for a K and DEF along with Nyheim Hines for Alf Morris. Feeling decent about this I think? RB is probably my weakest spot, but I figure out of that batch I should get 2 serviceable backups behind Melvin Gordon.

Personally I think TE is weaker than RB. Gordon, Mixon, Collins, Lewis, and Morris is pretty solid.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

the_american_dream posted:

What do you know about Cole? I’m p sure he’s available in both my leagues

In addition to being the Jacksonville WR1, he scored a ridiculous number of points last year in the final five games and was a WR1 each week.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
I’m looking for a way to improve my TE options - there was a run, so I ended up with Njoku. Is it worth dropping Aaron Jones, Breida, or Alfmo to claim Eifert, Clay, or OJ Howard from the wire?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

trdn89 posted:

I’m looking for a way to improve my TE options - there was a run, so I ended up with Njoku. Is it worth dropping Aaron Jones, Breida, or Alfmo to claim Eifert, Clay, or OJ Howard from the wire?

Njoku is a perfectly fine TE. It's a pretty bad position and he should be acceptable with upside.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

trdn89 posted:

Njoku is a good dude to have

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Njoku is great assuming they play tomorrow.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I tend to ignore the TE position because I never end up with one of the top 3. Then it drives me crazy all season because mine underperform. :cheers:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1038167541804191744

BrEiDa'S tHe PaSs CaTcHiNg BaCk

(Breida will do more Sunday but alf is the long term play)

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 9, 2018

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

If Cordarrelle Patterson is a usable player this year it's because I drafted him and I'm really smart.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1038665597528301568

well... good luck fuller owners

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

All aboard the Hopkins hype train.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So you're saying maybe it was a bad idea to have the Texans going over the Patriots in that $100 7 game parlay

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So Bosa's out, maybe long term. I have the Chargers D and know it's supposed to be a top one for fantasy purposes, but the injuries and opponent are making me nervous. Do I drop them for a waiver wire D? 10 team ESPN standard, and no IR designation for my out player so I'd have to drop somebody. I'd be tempted to snag CHI if they weren't starting in Lambeau.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

I am now starting Keelan Cole in my FLEX slot because of this.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm skeptical about my TE1 in my non-PPR league (Jordan Reed). Is Jaylen Samuels worth the stash, if it means dropping either Will Fuller or Kelvin Benjamin?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Vargo posted:

I'm skeptical about my TE1 in my non-PPR league (Jordan Reed). Is Jaylen Samuels worth the stash, if it means dropping either Will Fuller or Kelvin Benjamin?

Nope.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Folks Adam Rank likes on Good Morning Football's "hype train"...

Cooper Kupp
Matt Breida
Tyler Lockett
Mike Gillislee
Austin Ekeler

:geno:

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

shirts and skins posted:

So Bosa's out, maybe long term. I have the Chargers D and know it's supposed to be a top one for fantasy purposes, but the injuries and opponent are making me nervous. Do I drop them for a waiver wire D? 10 team ESPN standard, and no IR designation for my out player so I'd have to drop somebody. I'd be tempted to snag CHI if they weren't starting in Lambeau.

Yes, I'd drop the Chargers defense at this point. Especially in a 10 team league you can just pretty well stream defenses I'd imagine.

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!
So I dropped my K/DST earlier in the week to snatch Breida/Conner & need to drop 2 spots today. Rest of my league is pretty salty about my moves & hasn't been willing to make any trades. So I need to drop 2 (0.5 ppr Keeper)

Adrian Peterson (rnd 11)
Alfred Morris
Matt Breida (rnd 12)
Marlon Mack (rnd 10)

Seriously considering dropping Mack on waivers & trying to grab him again next week, and rolling without a D/ST. Idiocy?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Fat Lowtax posted:

If Cordarrelle Patterson is a usable player this year it's because I drafted him and I'm really smart.

There’s been some noteworthy buzz around him being among the top wideouts in the game when working in space.

He’s not going to be a crisp route runner and will not have the full route tree at his disposal, but when you play for NE, you get used like you’re supposed to. I’m expecting Belichik will use him in space (ala bubble screens, sweeps) and generate production from YAC. I’m interested, but not an owner. Could be very boom or bust.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I grabbed Patterson in dynasty , only because we have 25 man rosters. Who knows with the Patriots, he could never catch a ball, and be released, or he could have a decent year. :shrug:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

All aboard the Hopkins hype train.

Two shares...:getin:

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Evi|Sycho posted:

So I dropped my K/DST earlier in the week to snatch Breida/Conner & need to drop 2 spots today. Rest of my league is pretty salty about my moves & hasn't been willing to make any trades. So I need to drop 2 (0.5 ppr Keeper)

Adrian Peterson (rnd 11)
Alfred Morris
Matt Breida (rnd 12)
Marlon Mack (rnd 10)

Seriously considering dropping Mack on waivers & trying to grab him again next week, and rolling without a D/ST. Idiocy?

What's the rest of your roster? You really should field a full line-up week 1; it's not like you have the playoffs locked up.

I'd drop Mack out of that list.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve tried the “play without a kicker/defense/TE/idp so I can hold onto this bench stash I don’t want to drop” before and it’s never turned out to be a wise decision. I do not recommend it. Every win is huge in fantasy and you need to give yourself the best chance to get one every week, unless your team is just unbelievably, ridiculously stacked.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

Sup LAC owner.

I’m holding. There are ten other guys on that team. They have good linebackers and a good secondary. The matchup is worrisome but they could also take advantage of a rookie gunslinger.

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

What's the rest of your roster? You really should field a full line-up week 1; it's not like you have the playoffs locked up.

I'd drop Mack out of that list.

Rest of roster for reference:

QB: Brees
RB: D Johnson, J Howard, J Conner, Adrian Peterson, Alfmo, Mack, Breida
WR: Thielen, Cooper, Flash Gordon, Kupp, Corey Davis
TE: Walker

The McKinnon owner offered me Evans for AP and Thielen, which feels like an overpay but I'm thinking of pulling the trigger as it'll save me a roster spot. But Thielen is my only consistent WR so not sure if Evans is the best option.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

trade evaluation, PPR, 1 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 2 flex

team 1: Antonio Brown
team 2: Keenan Allen, James Conner

Do you want to have AB84, or Allen+Conner?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

AB

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

yeah, I agree going into week 1. Hard call though, I like Allen a lot and the weather sucks in CLE today. The counter-offers I'm seeing are valuing Conner around the 5th/6th round (PPR), which is consistent with where he went in a big-money FFPC draft yesterday (5th round). That will change a lot by next week, either up or down, depending on his performance and whether or not Bell reports in time to get a few practices in before week 2's game.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

pmchem posted:

yeah, I agree going into week 1. Hard call though, I like Allen a lot and the weather sucks in CLE today. The counter-offers I'm seeing are valuing Conner around the 5th/6th round (PPR), which is consistent with where he went in a big-money FFPC draft yesterday (5th round). That will change a lot by next week, either up or down, depending on his performance and whether or not Bell reports in time to get a few practices in before week 2's game.

I don't think it's a hard call at all. It's AB all day...every day.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I have Jordan Reed and Evan Engram. Feel like reeds gonna go off against these cards and Engram is gonna poo poo the bed against the jags. Talk me out of making a bad decision here team

Also should I bench Adam Thielen for James white?

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 9, 2018

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Gay Horney posted:

I have Jordan Reed and Evan Engram. Feel like reeds gonna go off against these cards and Engram is gonna poo poo the bed against the jags. Talk me out of making a bad decision here team

I also have a team with a Reed/Engram tandem and I am starting Reed.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

pmchem posted:

trade evaluation, PPR, 1 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 2 flex

team 1: Antonio Brown
team 2: Keenan Allen, James Conner

Do you want to have AB84, or Allen+Conner?

You want AB.

Gay Horney posted:

Reed, and don't bench Thielen

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/1038812486022164480

lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hackenbergian

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Maybe one day teams will stop using high draft picks on RBs who can't play on passing downs

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The Browns see your 38-overall healthy scratch and raise you to 33 (rotoworld):

quote:

Browns declared OL Austin Corbett, CB E.J. Gaines, LB James Burgess, OL Austin Corbett, DE Ifeadi Odenigbo, DE Anthony Zettel, QB Drew Stanton, and WR Damion Ratley inactive for Sunday's Week 1 games versus the Steelers.

Corbett was the Browns' 2nd-round draft pick with the 33rd selection in this year's draft and expected to compete for a starting spot immediately. Corbett had a dreadful preseason, ranking 118th out of 127 qualifying guards this preseason per Pro Football Focus. Undrafted rookie Desmond Harrison will start at left tackle for the Browns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Other notable outs:
- Sony Michel and Will Fuller out for the Pats game.
- Parker indeed out with the finger injury for the dolphins. Starting Kenny Stills in a league for shits and giggles. Gonna want to watch Mike Gesicki here. Kalen Ballage a healthy scratch.
- Marlon Mack out with injury.