Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
I hope a zombie giant steps on Dany's poop-covered carcass (if the leaked scene breakdowns have any truth to them) and everybody in king's landing. Thrown in from the zombie dragon, preferably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I'm on team zombie at this point

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Screw season 8 the best thing about the show were the little side characters like slynt (his name is slynt you know he's a shithead) and Dolores (a man named Dolores in a beardly man world like GoT is p cool).

Now it's all the gay big characters because all the cool little ones are dead. Jon snow more like Yawn snow

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Evil Agita posted:

Screw season 8 the best thing about the show were the little side characters like slynt (his name is slynt you know he's a shithead) and Dolores (a man named Dolores in a beardly man world like GoT is p cool).

Now it's all the gay big characters because all the cool little ones are dead. Jon snow more like Yawn snow

Dolores Ed owns

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Daenerys was a villain from the moment she first showed up and I love nothing more than telling my show-watching friends that she is definitely going to crash and burn before the end. I hope that whatever downfall she gets will be entirely her own doing rather than getting betrayed for being too trusting or whatever. Probably Tyrion gets the Iron Throne (he’s definitely the biggest Gurm self-insert besides Samwise Tarly), and hopefully he cuts ties with her after realizing just how insane she is. That’s the one thing I want from this season more than anything.

Jaime and Dondarrion are the only characters left that I’m rooting for, but they’re definitely going to die before the end. Or alternatively a surprise Night King victory, which would also be worthwhile.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Daenerys was a villain from the moment she first showed up and I love nothing more than telling my show-watching friends that she is definitely going to crash and burn before the end. I hope that whatever downfall she gets will be entirely her own doing rather than getting betrayed for being too trusting or whatever.

I think you give the show runners too much credit. Nuance, character growth, these concepts have no translation in their language

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh yeah, I know they'll gently caress up somehow, but I'm told that Gurm gave them a pretty decent breakdown of how the story was going to end when they were producing Season 1. I'm hoping he was pretty thorough, because all the worst parts of the show have pretty obviously been when they're winging poo poo, while highlights like Cersei blowing up all her enemies when they think she's beaten, and Melisandre finally being able to earn a boon from Rh'llor after being completely humbled, are pretty clearly things they got straight from the man himself.

I am also looking forward to whatever hot garbage they pull straight from their asses, but I guess I'm too much of a romantic soul to not expect something actually good to happen as well.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

I'll give Jon snow some credit, he learned how to close his mouth when not speaking rather than let it hang open in every scene like it did the first bunch of seasons.

I forgot beric was alive, I thought he died with thoros. Season 7 was kind of a dumb blur, the writing was so bad I was too busy rolling my eyes to watch I guess.

This dumb loving show. *marks April 21st on calendar*

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I think they’re gonna make Danny a full-on good guy at this point. They don’t seem to want to make complex characters anymore.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
lmao if you made it past the pilot of this show

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Dennis System posted:

I think they’re gonna make Danny a full-on good guy at this point. They don’t seem to want to make complex characters anymore.

She gonna die like 3 or 4 episodes in. Who cares. Everyone dies. Tyrion makes a joke.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

The Dennis System posted:

They kinda have to or else the sudden swing of her character might look weird by going from 0 to evil in 60 seconds.

Then again we are in the show-runner fanfiction era of the show so maybe they will make her be the mad queen or whatever all of the sudden

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 8, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I hope Sansa steps on a giant

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

sugar free jazz posted:

I like the show because it is fun + bad I look forward to the next season

Yeah, I like laughing at all the characters i hate die

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Some dummies think the show ruined the books, but things have been going downhill since the first page of book 4

Like right off a cliff bad

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Rock Puncher posted:

lmao if you made it past the pilot of this show
I can tell you who didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy0sRGniFgc

Timely video, seven years after the episode airs.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Everything wrong with videos suck

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bring back the big tits budget.

It's not like anyone was watching this show for the plot.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The everything wrong with video should have just been the underworld song everything everything.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Evil Agita posted:

They kinda have to or else the sudden swing of her character might look weird by going from 0 to evil in 60 seconds.

Then again we are in the show-runner fanfiction era of the show so maybe they will make her be the mad queen or whatever all of the sudden

but she was always evil

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Dany was never evil

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Kazak posted:

Everything wrong with videos suck
Weird things I discovered while looking for that this morning; there was someone else doing 'Everything Wrong With' tv videos until, apparently, the CinemaSins guys said "If this is anybody other than Steve Allen, you're stealing my bit!" and took it over last week.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

FuhrerHat posted:

but she was always evil

I'm down with this. Thats half of my point

Kazak posted:

Dany was never evil

And this was the other half of my point

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Actually you’ll find Danerys Targaryen is a female owner of a vagina, which ergo makes her innately evil, just like all perfidious women walking the earth taking advantage of good men like John Snow

It’s all explained in my Manosphere website, PM me for link

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
The future is female!!

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Actually you’ll find Danerys Targaryen is a female owner of a vagina, which ergo makes her innately evil, just like all perfidious women walking the earth taking advantage of good men like John Snow

It’s all explained in my Manosphere website, PM me for link
this but the opposite: all females are good. if men didn't exist there would be no war and everyone would just hang out and paint their toenails and such.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Women, as we all know, are the least political people in the world. Politics is unknown to them.

So in a fantasy series about the brutal reality of politics, there would be nothing but peace.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In the last dany scene in the books where she is all delirious she has visions of her ancestors calling her a dumbass and that their motto is fire and blood and stop being a pansyass and she's all gently caress you're right

Pretty sure mereen is destined to be a cinder.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Wow.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I totally forgot this show (and subsequently this thread) even existed. Is Grrm still alive?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

oh dope posted:

I totally forgot this show (and subsequently this thread) even existed. Is Grrm still alive?

Ironically he is but you're not.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

please do not post here, this is a cursed place

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

What was it? I cant get it to come up on computer or phone.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Trump tweeted out a pic of himself with "sanctions are coming" with the GoT font on top

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

hi I’m the dragon lady the blonde one

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Didn't Iran tweet back something as cringeworthy? I can't wait till this garbage franchise dies in a fire and everyone is witching about Bitcher instead.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cursed thread made my double post.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

A trump and GoT crossover? Are they gonna sanction Showtime?

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
It was kinda nice to re-read the books recently. I'm halfway through dance, and I realize I really skimmed a lot of important story to get to my favorite characters chapters. Now they're all my favorites!

Except Cersei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Colonel Cancer posted:

Didn't Iran tweet back something as cringeworthy? I can't wait till this garbage franchise dies in a fire and everyone is witching about Bitcher instead.

Another 2 years of this franchise buddy. at least