Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

ThePineapple posted:

What should I do to improve my Arc Totem character, Pizzoccheri? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/T3suji/characters

I have a quite similar gem setup (6L Soul Mantle though, so Arc - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction - Added Lightning Damage - Lightning Penetration - Faster Casting), and dropping the gem giving the least sheet DPS in Path of Building is immediately close to 20% drop. Kinda would feel like that working towards decent 6L is the first thing - though given that I play SSF I haven't really done homework on upgrades one could get from market, like uniques.

I noticed though that your Arcane Surge in the Conductivity - Arcane Surge - Increased Duration - Spell Cascade setup is unleveled. You should be able to level it to around 9-10 and still have it trigger on every Conductivity cast (lvl 10 in my identical gem setup, and skills). That's a minor boost on spell damage, cast speed and regen you get from it, but boost nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Ok so here's a giant nub question: how much dps and effective health should I be looking for to do the 4th lab?

e: oh, also, I've completely stopped getting trials in maps, am I just unlucky or are they only in specific maps?

boo_radley posted:

I'm kinda interested in this. I've had bad luck with jewels so far and this looks decent for my heiro. Playing as delvinsimontheodore

i still have it, pm Truga ingame when you're around, the game keeps saying you're afk :v:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

ThePineapple posted:

What should I do to improve my Arc Totem character, Pizzoccheri? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/T3suji/characters

I'm on mobile so I can't look at your character too closely, but you're using a 5L rare chest. A 6L rare chest is only 10-20c in whatever colors you want, although personally I'd go to a 5L soul mantle first.

I'm not an arc totems expert, but if I was in your situation sitting on a 5ex item that I couldn't use without an extra 5ex investment, I'd sell it and fill out as many other slots with endgame gear as I could. If arc totems is anything like arc traps, you could get endgame rares in like 3-4 slots at least with that much currency.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Truga posted:

Ok so here's a giant nub question: how much dps and effective health should I be looking for to do the 4th lab?

e: oh, also, I've completely stopped getting trials in maps, am I just unlucky or are they only in specific maps?

Izaro is more a mechanics check than a DPS check. While having a gazillion DPS means killing his phases instantly, for us mortals who don't have that luxury, it's more a matter of not when to move so as not to get hit. Plenty of his attacks, especially with buffs up, will one-shot most characters no matter what their eHP is.

You're just being unlucky with the trials.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KingCorg/characters

So I just got my Jugg to 65 and to starting maps, and I am having trouble not getting chunked by enemies in low level maps?

I was following this guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EwKGQRx8maBWyOtkxYxw7Hxq-VmwRiv9eVj0Q0TCCo0/preview

Is there something I am missing besides replacing my offhand I was loving with before I logged off.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Fat_Cow posted:

So I just got my Jugg to 65 and to starting maps, and I am having trouble not getting chunked by enemies in low level maps?

I was following this guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EwKGQRx8maBWyOtkxYxw7Hxq-VmwRiv9eVj0Q0TCCo0/preview

Is there something I am missing besides replacing my offhand I was loving with before I logged off.

your life rolls are super low on all your gear, you can roll up to 80 on jewelry and 100+ on regular gear iirc. also double check that your resists are maxed cause I can't check that on mobile

Osci
Oct 11, 2016

ThePineapple posted:

I've been cobbling gear together as I go along, and not all of it is ideal yet. Fortunately arc totems are good enough that I'm into red maps now, but I'm starting to notice I'm not that powerful anymore. I was lucky enough to have a Void Battery drop, but I feel like to really make use of them I need another to pair it with, and they're going for 4.7-5ex right now. I could potentially afford that, but it would pretty much bankrupt me.

So I'm thinking I could:
- Re-upgrade my rare gear for more life
- Re-upgrade my Jewels (do I need to?)
- Try to find a 6-link chest - this could be pricey as well
- Save up so I can comfortably buy another void battery
- Try to sell the void battery and buy something else instead (a Shaper staff?)

Aim for these two. You should be able to get a 6-link that you can alch/essence/fossil to ~80+ life relatively cheaply. Searching for non-corrupted int chests on poe.trade shows a few hovering around 30c.
Outside of that, I'd focus on upgrading boots and gloves for high life rolls and as much res as possible. After that you can swap your ring to fill in any missing resists.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

Papercut posted:

I'm on mobile so I can't look at your character too closely, but you're using a 5L rare chest. A 6L rare chest is only 10-20c in whatever colors you want, although personally I'd go to a 5L soul mantle first.

Osci posted:

Aim for these two. You should be able to get a 6-link that you can alch/essence/fossil to ~80+ life relatively cheaply. Searching for non-corrupted int chests on poe.trade shows a few hovering around 30c.
Outside of that, I'd focus on upgrading boots and gloves for high life rolls and as much res as possible. After that you can swap your ring to fill in any missing resists.

Cool, makes sense. Would a 5L Soul Mantle be better than a 6L rare chest? Assuming I'd upgrade the rest of my gear to cap resistances and get more life, etc.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Fat_Cow posted:

I don't have access to pob to test it all now, but I assume you've got max resistance without endurance charges?

Regardless of survivability or not, I would do the below before even thinking about mapping:
- level to 68 in blood aqueducts, those three levels should make a huge difference to you -> you can finish that crit cluster too
- upgrade to an ahns might (it should way outclass your weapon - I think the guide recommends this weapon?)
- get better flasks drop one life flask for a basalt or granite flask and the other for an instant divine flask
- switch the amulet out for something with more life; you can always come back to it when you're no longer worried about surviving
- finish Merc lab; unflinching will make a huge difference to survivability

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

terrified of my bathroom posted:

your life rolls are super low on all your gear, you can roll up to 80 on jewelry and 100+ on regular gear iirc. also double check that your resists are maxed cause I can't check that on mobile

Thanks!

cytoc posted:

I don't have access to pob to test it all now, but I assume you've got max resistance without endurance charges?

Regardless of survivability or not, I would do the below before even thinking about mapping:
- level to 68 in blood aqueducts, those three levels should make a huge difference to you -> you can finish that crit cluster too
- upgrade to an ahns might (it should way outclass your weapon - I think the guide recommends this weapon?)
- get better flasks drop one life flask for a basalt or granite flask and the other for an instant divine flask
- switch the amulet out for something with more life; you can always come back to it when you're no longer worried about surviving
- finish Merc lab; unflinching will make a huge difference to survivability

Alright, I mostly grabbed the Amulet because i need all the int I can get for my gems.

Osci
Oct 11, 2016

ThePineapple posted:

Cool, makes sense. Would a 5L Soul Mantle be better than a 6L rare chest? Assuming I'd upgrade the rest of my gear to cap resistances and get more life, etc.

Either works fine really. Soul mantle gives you more dps through the extra totem while the rare chest gives you more life and res. You will of course also need some way to handle the curses, either with constant warding flask use or with the kikazaru/self flag combo.

Eventually you will probably want a 6L mantle as you get a effective 7L and a bonus totem, but before that I prefer the rare. It's honestly pretty rare that you'll be lacking damage so I'd stock up on defences whenever possible

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Fat_Cow posted:

Thanks!

Alright, I mostly grabbed the Amulet because i need all the int I can get for my gems.

I imagine it will take you a long time or ost a fair chunk of change to find an amulet that had life and will out damage that one, but if you can get an amulet that has the int with a nice life roll, you will hopefully notice the difference.

However getting a few levels, better potions, Merc lab and upgrading your weapon could well be enough for low tier maps that you can hold off on upgrading your other items for a while.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Fat_Cow posted:

In no particular order:

-Replace the mainhand sword with a scaeva to get started, use a non-sword/dagger/claw in your offhand. Reave will alternate weapons if it is a weapon type compatible with reave, so you don't want that. The current sword you have is :psyduck: Once you get 68 you can upgrade to ahn's might.
-Your resists are significantly below cap (75%), your lightning resist is especially low. Anything that does lightning damage will murder you. You've got 3 empty jewel sockets that can be used to fix this in a pinch.
-Get a murderous eye jewel of some sort in your tombfists
-Your life flasks are 20+ levels behind
-Do merciless lab as soon as possible, probably get 68 and upgrade your weapon first though
-Don't feel bad about taking a 30 int node on the tree to cover stat requirements while you sort out gear. You can respec out of it later once you have better gear.

edit: Your cast when damage taken/immortal call setup is way too high level for your current max health. CWDT should only be level 1 when your HP is this low. Use an appropriately lower level immortal call with it. You can still use a high level increased duration gem with a low level cast when damage taken/IC setup.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

You're just being unlucky with the trials.

Complaining helps I just got the last two trials :v:

e: and cleared on first try, that wasn't too bad. I got close to dying once on the last izaro because I'm dumb, but it didn't seem too bad. Definitely better than my cruel lab attempts, which I needed like 10 because I had no reliable way to refresh shield yet

Truga fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 9, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Truga posted:

5k hp is my bare minimum if im just trying to complete uber lab. if im tying to farm (full keys, never dying) im looking for like 6k+ life and some decent mitigation.

dps doesnt matter as much as long as you arent hitting like a total wet noodle.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Oh boy another delve path that I cant continue on!

This loving event is completely bugged for me so I cannot complete it at all. Also feel like fungal caverns is the most common biome so I get it a lot. I've had so many path closed off because of it, as well as lost some good nodes I could have gone too.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

DurosKlav posted:

Oh boy another delve path that I cant continue on!

This loving event is completely bugged for me so I cannot complete it at all. Also feel like fungal caverns is the most common biome so I get it a lot. I've had so many path closed off because of it, as well as lost some good nodes I could have gone too.

I actually found out that this is the result of a bug where if you consume ANY of the corpses the beast is supposed to absorb, the event fails to fire properly.

So if you use DD, or any of the offerings normally, don't.

Hopefully they fix it soon so I can just go back to not having to think about changing my regular skill usage.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

zxqv8 posted:

I actually found out that this is the result of a bug where if you consume ANY of the corpses the beast is supposed to absorb, the event fails to fire properly.

Hopefully they fix it soon so I can just go back to not having to think about changing my regular skill usage.

Lovely, I guess I'll have to try that out next time.

Its been really annoying. I'd be down much further if I didnt seem to run into that event constantly which blocks my passage down.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 10, 2018

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

zxqv8 posted:

Is that what it is? poo poo, I had that bug and thought I was killing the mobs too far away.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Just ran into it again after having had it bug out about 4 times, and by not destroying any corpses I was able to complete it.

Didn't get poo poo, but at least I'm not stuck.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Consecrated Path is a hilariously rad skill. If you're far away it's a controlled flickerstrike, if you're up close it's a fire damage ice crash. I was pulling 376m/hour in Blood Aqueducts and did 65-70 in like...a half hour and some change?

My gear is hot garbage though, I had to spend every bit of currency I had to get a 6L Loreweave, so I've got a lot of work to do.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Vasudus posted:

Consecrated Path is a hilariously rad skill. If you're far away it's a controlled flickerstrike, if you're up close it's a fire damage ice crash. I was pulling 376m/hour in Blood Aqueducts and did 65-70 in like...a half hour and some change?

My gear is hot garbage though, I had to spend every bit of currency I had to get a 6L Loreweave, so I've got a lot of work to do.

I was really enjoying Consecrated Path on my Smite Guardian, but I got tired of not having a non-combat movement skill so just switched back to super-jump, because it is awesome. It was pretty awesome to just teleport through packs and let the minions clean up any garbage, but just wasn't enough to offset the lack of out-of-combat movement for me.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
...huh, Consecrated Path has no cooldown. You can't link it with multistrike, but still, with enough attack speed you could get it to go pretty fast couldn't you?

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah with Consecrated Path, in delves, you can literally just hold down right click from start to finish of the route if you want, it's pretty chill and seems as well suited to this expansion as anything.

I'm playing Jugg with it and dual wield Nebulochs, it's pretty good and my gear is hot garbage but I got to 90 without much effort.

I was using all the typical more multipler supports with it but then I switched to some focus on stuns, linking it with ruthless and endurance charge on stun, you lose a little bit of damage, but stuns are great in delves. Everything in there has pretty low HP but does a lot of annoying casts and poo poo and it's nice to just fully stunlock everything all the time, especially those ones that do the blast thing.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
With GGG fixing the Solo Streaks for the Delve ladder I like to know if the streaks need to be done all in a row or if you can leave and resume where you left off.

I know Niko digging further down to keep pace with your level resets the streak score to zero.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

McFrugal posted:

...huh, Consecrated Path has no cooldown. You can't link it with multistrike, but still, with enough attack speed you could get it to go pretty fast couldn't you?

Yes, except if there are no enemies, it just goes off at your feet and you don't move.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

The Locator posted:

Yes, except if there are no enemies, it just goes off at your feet and you don't move.

This is my big complaint about Consecrated Path. I wish it would just either move you anyway or not go off at all.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
On my guardian his attack speed is high so I just leap slam super fast everywhere I need to travel with no mobs. As s bonus it gives me fortify.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

The Locator posted:

Yeah, but I'm mostly comparing it to Flicker Strike. It's not going to be nearly as fast since Flicker has multistrike and an inherent speed boost, but you don't have to worry about frenzy charges at all. Also apparently it has an aoe built-in?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

The biggest problem with the Delve mechanic is that I'm now massively overleveled for my progress in the main story (still need to kill Kitava) since it's so fun digging in the mine! Takes just a few minutes to fill up on sulphite in the quarry and then I can go back to mining.

Edit: Although I just double upgraded my Sulphite capacity after my last run, so filling up to 650 is going to take a bit longer than 290 was.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Vasudus posted:

I took Conc Path as my movement skill on my Dom Blow necro. It is not linked to anything. Sometimes I run out of minions because I'm too busy killing poo poo with my unlinked Conc Path to remember to hit Dom Blow. It's fuckin ridiculous. It almost feels like they goofed on the numbers or something.

Strongly considering doing a Conc Path elementalist, but I'm not sure I have a reroll in me.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Locator posted:

The biggest problem with the Delve mechanic is that I'm now massively overleveled for my progress in the main story (still need to kill Kitava) since it's so fun digging in the mine! Takes just a few minutes to fill up on sulphite in the quarry and then I can go back to mining.

Edit: Although I just double upgraded my Sulphite capacity after my last run, so filling up to 650 is going to take a bit longer than 290 was.

Yeah it really got me overconfident until izaro one shot me in the level 55 lab

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
This is the first character I've made that I don't have a clear gear progression already worked out. My chest is a 6L Loreweave, my mainhand is a Soul Taker, and my offhand is a 3c stat stick with phys% as fire / explodes / fire pen. My hat is always going to be a rare Bone Helmet. I've got lovely rares for my jewelry to cap, and leveling uniques for gloves and boots.

Upgrading them is easy, and I've already started planning that out as far as intermediate gear, it's the endgame choices that are questionable. There's no uniques that really stand out to me - my minions provide intimidate and maim, and I need the sockets, so Tombfists are out for the only other immediate unique I could think of.

I guess I'll just have to get a near complete set of sick rares, which is something I very rarely do.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Can someone give a quick explanation of how arcane surge works? I'm at work and can't browse through the POE wiki.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Vasudus posted:

This is the first character I've made that I don't have a clear gear progression already worked out. My chest is a 6L Loreweave, my mainhand is a Soul Taker, and my offhand is a 3c stat stick with phys% as fire / explodes / fire pen. My hat is always going to be a rare Bone Helmet. I've got lovely rares for my jewelry to cap, and leveling uniques for gloves and boots.

Upgrading them is easy, and I've already started planning that out as far as intermediate gear, it's the endgame choices that are questionable. There's no uniques that really stand out to me - my minions provide intimidate and maim, and I need the sockets, so Tombfists are out for the only other immediate unique I could think of.

I guess I'll just have to get a near complete set of sick rares, which is something I very rarely do.

What are you linking your auras with? I have extra gem slots that I probably shouldn’t have on mine. I’m doing pretty similar to your build. I have capped resists and 4K life and I’m still using a tabula and wanderlust and facebreakers (I know, doing nothing just a leftover from leveling). I figure I should just try to grab some more resist on rares and get my loreweave then unsure where else to go with it.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Whitest Russian posted:

Can someone give a quick explanation of how arcane surge works? I'm at work and can't browse through the POE wiki.

quote:

Arcane Surge:
Each supported spell will track how much mana you spend on it, granting a buff when the total mana spent reaches a threshold. Cannot support skills used by totems, traps, or mines.

Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Spell Damage

Arcane Surge grants (10-20)% more Spell Damage
Arcane Surge grants (10-19)% increased Cast Speed
Arcane Surge grants (0.5-1)% of maximum Mana Regenerated per second
Arcane Surge lasts 4 seconds
Gain Arcane Surge after Spending a total of (15-400) Mana with Supported Skills

You link it to a spell that you don't mind mixing into your damage spell once every 4 seconds or so. You level Arcane Surge so that one cast of that extra spell (say, flame dash) is enough mana to activate it. You'd rather not have to cast Flame Dash twice (but you can make it require 2 casts instead if you want more buff).

So as long as you're casting your extra spell every 4 seconds (or twice every 4 seconds if you leveled arcane surge higher) you get a decent little buff that affects all your spells.

REALLY IMPORTANT to not level Arcane Surge too high

Also if you make the spell cost 0 with Elreon rings, Arcane Surge will never work

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Whitest Russian posted:

When you cast a spell linked with arcane surge, it adds the mana cost of that spell to a counter, once the counter reaches a certain number (arcane surge starts at like 10 mana) then you get a buff that increases damage and mana regen, if you hit that number again while the buff is active, it resets the timer.

I'm pretty sure it says that the counter is based on recent spellcasts(within the last 4 seconds), but I misleveled gems on my current character for a bit and it took two frostbomb casts, so I would cast it at the end of a pack, then when I got to something I cared to have the buff I would cast frostbomb again and it would proc.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Rallos posted:

What are you linking your auras with? I have extra gem slots that I probably shouldn’t have on mine. I’m doing pretty similar to your build. I have capped resists and 4K life and I’m still using a tabula and wanderlust and facebreakers (I know, doing nothing just a leftover from leveling). I figure I should just try to grab some more resist on rares and get my loreweave then unsure where else to go with it.

I have it linked to Minion Damage, Minion Speed, and Maim. It reserves 52% mana, so I had to get a 4% reduced node to run Anger in addition. I'm going to see if I can run it with Anger linked to a L3 Enlighten and save the two points.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

Yeah it really got me overconfident until izaro one shot me in the level 55 lab

I somehow managed to to get my first three labs done without a death, which is pretty much unheard of for me. Of course this means that I'll die a billion times trying to get uberlab completion!

I will finish act 10 tonight hopefully.

I really need to make some currency so I can get a new weapon before I need to start filling out the weapon specific damage nodes on the build. I am going to get that axe allowing me to use smite with no mana because currently I'm horribly addicted to Mana potions and can't run wrath or I go oom too fast to be functional.

Last I looked they were about 30c, but I've only got about 10c to my name. Maybe time to path to some currency nodes in the delve. I'm around depth 80 now and haven't hit a currency node since much shallower so hopefully they have decent payouts now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is farming low level delves a thing for fossils? Or do the good ones not drop that low.