Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

A little tip is that the npcs who travel around or are only in places for certain times all have unique dialgoue if you take the time to talk to them, and theres some foreshadowing and other stuff you'll only see if you do try to talk to them.

i've been a bit lazy with that at times, and also sometimes keeping up with the story, which is a shame because it really goes places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

look, ming na is very cool ok !!!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hizke posted:

Haurchefant ftw

I still visit him now and again post-HW when I'm in the area.

Sharkopath posted:

In the base game when you first start unlocking dungeons theres a small parade of different adventurer groups that are going inside before and after you, sometimes to multiple dungeons, but some of them don't make it out again...

I love all the small touches like this. With Stormblood they've been especially good about calling back to other jobs' questlines.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I feel I’m in the home stretch of ffx but the constant encounters are driving me insane and I think I need a break. It just takes so long to accomplish anything at this point when you are having a battle every 5 steps, especially when some of them can take a couple of minutes.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

I feel I’m in the home stretch of ffx but the constant encounters are driving me insane and I think I need a break. It just takes so long to accomplish anything at this point when you are having a battle every 5 steps, especially when some of them can take a couple of minutes.

pretty sure theres no encounters gear in the game somewhere

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

It seems so, but from reading I have a little ways to go to get it still. I would imagine that it’s meant to get to use for some of the side quests.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tidus > Special > Flee

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

I felt the same way. If you want the last stretch to be as painless as possible then you might want to (mechanics spoiler) make some copies of the "stone ward" accessory, because it's possible to get ambushed and wiped in one attack by a lategame enemy that can petrify you.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

you can make it with the salt stuff you steal from dinner of the monks at zanarkand. purifing salts, I think. virtually necessary for the 200 lightning bolts challenge.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I’ve done that stupid lightning dodging on 4 different games. I never want to even hear thunder again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I’ve done that stupid lightning dodging on 4 different games. I never want to even hear thunder again.

I'd do it 10 times before doing the butterfly minigame

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1039087158143770625?s=19

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this is going to rule

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Online CC is a god send, I loved the two weekends I ever convinced my friends to bring their GBAs over to play that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i bought the gba-gc cable and never got to use it

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

:yeah:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

Online CC is a god send, I loved the two weekends I ever convinced my friends to bring their GBAs over to play that

I remember getting bored fairly quickly. The lack of leveling persistence made it less appealing even with a full group of 4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't do those ultimate weapons but I did score 1 goal and then idle behind a net for like 4 hours or whatever to get Wakka's ultimate blitzball.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got most of them when I first played it back in the day but when I replayed it this time I only got Tidus’ Yuna’s and Rikku’s. I beat Chocobo Racing with exactly 0.0

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i think i only skipped the butterfly game on my original save because i couldnt even tell what i was supposed to be doing on my poo poo tv and also it was khimari

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sick

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Same and 4 Swords also

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bicyclops posted:

:agreed:

at least the lightning dodging almost becomes muscle memory and you can do it while watching/listening to something else

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

oh poo poo yeah online cc!! i still have all 4 gba cables for that game but nobody around to play with any more

hell my main gay was just lamenting the fact we can't play it online the other day, I should share the good news

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

never played CC but I always thought it looked cool so I’ll get it for sure. I don’t know anything about that other studio though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got most of them when I first played it back in the day but when I replayed it this time I only got Tidus’ Yuna’s and Rikku’s. I beat Chocobo Racing with exactly 0.0

i can do the chocobo part pretty much every time. however it can take 5+ attempts even if you do it perfectly cos theres certain bird and balloon patterns that are impossible. i dont like ffx much but i think it had the best ultimate weapon sidequest even if some of them were just torture like wakkas which was proabably 10+ hours of work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I already posted about this but the night I decided to start working on Auron's ultimate weapon which required capturing 5 of every monster in the game I printed a check list off gameFAQS and started from the opening town, just revisiting basically the entire game up to zanarkand and then suddenly the sun rose.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I think I already posted about this but the night I decided to start working on Auron's ultimate weapon which required capturing 5 of every monster in the game I printed a check list off gameFAQS and started from the opening town, just revisiting basically the entire game up to zanarkand and then suddenly the sun rose.

hell yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

A Gamer's Journey

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

I did score 1 goal and then idle behind a net for like 4 hours or whatever to get Wakka's ultimate blitzball.

this but passing the ball back and forth for 10 minutes because i wanted to be sure the defensive side got experience points that didn't matter at all lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

recruiting a bunch of google eyed desert mechanics to your team so that you can spend quality blitzball hours being the league's Zanarkand Globetrotters so wakka can get his weapon, which he doesn't even help earn because it turns out he's not a very good blitzball player.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Listen, cut Wakka some slack, he’s retired and you force him back into the game at a fraction of the cost of anyone else.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*throwing my couple of noodles wrapper into the stadium* get out of the pool, wakka! you aren't fit to play for the ronsos!!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

1000 word Patrick Klepek think piece in Vice about the implications of slave labor with regards to blitzball competitions.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

1000 word Patrick Klepek think piece in Vice about the implications of slave labor with regards to blitzball competitions.

lol

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

Every time we tried to play CC, it was a slightly different group than the time before, or someone forgot to bring a cable or something, so we always wound up deciding to restart and we never got very far. I'm kind of interested to see how the party system works in the remake. Maybe the host moves the caravan and everyone else are just phantoms.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

tao of lmao posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HbIHVoTY2M

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Should i play 8, 9, or 12 next. those are the only ones i need to play besides the mmos which im not playing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yeah you should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

elf help book posted:

yeah you should

which one!!!!