Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Qualls is on Z-Nation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Jesus Christ Bojack Horseman gets hard to watch.

A nice thing is that the intro changes each season based on the main event of the season, Season 2, the stage for shooting Secretariat, Season 3, the premiere, and each episode has different people in the background depending on what they're doing. Season 4 changes it and has a stylised display of his friends/people he's wronged appearing in spirals. Midway through the season it turns out his mother is drugging the coffee with amphetamines, which he drinks in the intro. Great show.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

If you ever need to be depressed just watch the 11th episode of any season of Bojack Horseman.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

There's a glimmer of hope in this next one. It might get better for him :unsmith:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Len posted:

There's a glimmer of hope in this next one. It might get better for him :unsmith:

Bless.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I love watching Bojack for the whiplash I get from the goofy animal based slapstick and the way too down to earth depressing poo poo.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Get Hippopopalous and topple the acropolis of monstrous hypocrisy that ensconces us.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

couldcareless posted:

I love watching Bojack for the whiplash I get from the goofy animal based slapstick and the way too down to earth depressing poo poo.

I like the back ground sight gags more then goofy animal slapstick/puns

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Depressio111117 posted:

Get Hippopopalous and topple the acropolis of monstrous hypocrisy that ensconces us.

This pun was awful, and not in the way puns are. It’s just so laborious and awkward and with no meter
Meanwhile the albino gyno rhino wine fanatic was delectable

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

snergle posted:

I like the back ground sight gags more then goofy animal slapstick/puns

My wife and I were rewatching in anticipation of the new season and caught one: Princess Carolyn (who is a cat) is calling Bojack and there is a brief cutaway to her sitting in a coffee shop with a latte surrounded by an absurd number of empty milk cartons. Which you think is the joke, but then a few seconds later there's a glimpse of a wider shot of the coffee house where a pissed barista in the background is crossing "latte" off of the chalkboard menu. :allears: I just love how much detail they put into blink-or-you'll-miss-it background gags.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Straight White Shark posted:

My wife and I were rewatching in anticipation of the new season and caught one: Princess Carolyn (who is a cat) is calling Bojack and there is a brief cutaway to her sitting in a coffee shop with a latte surrounded by an absurd number of empty milk cartons. Which you think is the joke, but then a few seconds later there's a glimpse of a wider shot of the coffee house where a pissed barista in the background is crossing "latte" off of the chalkboard menu. :allears: I just love how much detail they put into blink-or-you'll-miss-it background gags.

ACTUALLY cats shouldn't drink milk since they can't digest it after leaving kittenhood so that joke is just perpetuating an old false stereotype much like how mice don't actually like cheese as the smell and taste is too sharp, they prefer grains and other vegetables but would eat cheese as it was easily available

*farts, pushes glasses up so far up the bridge of his nose that it shaves off the top of his skull and liquid poo poo just starts pouring out until everyone in the room is just drowning in frothy feces*

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

My cats love milk

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A d I bet you love the smell of ammonia stinking cat poo poo.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hey buddy don't run in here and judge this person's cat poo poo smelling house.

Personally, my house smells like regular healthy cat poo poo.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
My house smells like cat poo poo but the toxoplasmosis means i don’t care

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfBl38w4d7c

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Davros1 posted:

Qualls is on Z-Nation

And I hope he dies slowly every time, but know I will be disappointed.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Calaveron posted:

This pun was awful, and not in the way puns are. It’s just so laborious and awkward and with no meter
Meanwhile the albino gyno rhino wine fanatic was delectable

Ain’t no pun, son. Just a tongue-twister. And I think half of the fun in it is imagining Amy Sedaris reading it.

But yes, the albino rhino gyno wine addict was clearly the gold standard.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Like humans, lactose tolerance in cats can vary

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

Like humans, lactose tolerance in cats can vary

I get the feeling if milk is discontinued the gut flora that handles it dies. If they get it all the time it's good. Just don't feed a strange cat

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ignite Memories posted:

What the gently caress?

What dog does daily mail have in this race?

They really hate trans people.

The Daily Mail ran a hate campaign against a trans schoolteacher, Lucy Meadows. She killed herself. The Daily Mail later published her obituary, in which they repeatedly referred to her as a man.

There is no loving level to which that hateful rag will not stoop.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The Daily Mail is absolute trash that is printed by and for absolute trash.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Two things I noticed in Spider-Man: Homecomings on my second watch:

While Peter and Ned talk about his superpowers on the bleachers, MJ is behind them and is clearly staring at them instead of looking at her book. Later in that scene, while the rest of the class is doing paired sit-ups, MJ is just laying on her back and holding up her book like she’s doing push-ups in the air with it.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The Daily Mail is absolute trash that is printed by and for absolute trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Screaming Idiot posted:

ACTUALLY cats shouldn't drink milk since they can't digest it after leaving kittenhood so that joke is just perpetuating an old false stereotype much like how mice don't actually like cheese as the smell and taste is too sharp, they prefer grains and other vegetables but would eat cheese as it was easily available

*farts, pushes glasses up so far up the bridge of his nose that it shaves off the top of his skull and liquid poo poo just starts pouring out until everyone in the room is just drowning in frothy feces*

You can always count on a WELL ACTUALLY person to fart up the place AND totally miss the point of what they are "correcting".

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Inzombiac posted:

You can always count on a WELL ACTUALLY person to fart up the place AND totally miss the point of what they are "correcting".

yes

that was the joke

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Screaming Idiot posted:

yes

that was the joke

UM ACTUALLY I don't get it AND FURTHERMORE

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Starship Troopers. Right before the attack on Tango Urilla there is an establishing shot of the fleet passing by. On one ship you can make out a launch deck with several fighter bombers parked on it. The next fight begins with a bombing run on the bugs. It's a nice little visual nod to show how the Federation tactics evolve over the film from their embarassing first attack to their curb stomp of the arachnids at the end.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I thought the general consensus was the first attack is meant to be a bloodbath to galvanize support for the war. Or was that just the Buenos Aires meteor?

It’d make sense for them to use actual tactics once the war was in full swing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The thing about the Federation is that they are evil as gently caress but goddamn are they incompetent and arrogant.

The Buenos Aires meteor was a cassus belli they pulled out of their rear end to justify expansion into arachnid territory, but their military tactics are entirely the fault of poor leadership and even worse planning.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Arcsquad12 posted:

The thing about the Federation is that they are evil as gently caress but goddamn are they incompetent and arrogant.

The Buenos Aires meteor was a cassus belli they pulled out of their rear end to justify expansion into arachnid territory, but their military tactics are entirely the fault of poor leadership and even worse planning.

This is why they fired the Air Marshal after the first battle. They needed a scapegoat to take the blame.

I think there was also news footage before the meteor about some "Mormons" who got slaughtered because they carelessly settled too close to the arachnids against Federation advice, but the footage is of the same style military base from Planet P.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
In Children of Men, Theo goes to smoke a cigarette repeatedly but is always interrupted before he can finish it.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Buenos Aires meteor was a cassus belli they pulled out of their rear end to justify expansion into arachnid territory
People keep saying this, but don't we directly see the arachnids using meteors as weapons later on? Been a while since I've seen the movie, but I seem to remember that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Strudel Man posted:

People keep saying this, but don't we directly see the arachnids using meteors as weapons later on? Been a while since I've seen the movie, but I seem to remember that.

Nope. The bugs use plasma batteries using giant beetles for their anti orbital artillery.

The only hazy area is when the Roger Young's radar dish gets smashed by the Buenos Aires asteroid and Zander says that it came from the arachnid quarantine zone. The only problem is that the odds of the Arachnids throwing a rock across the breadth of the galaxy to hit a target the size of a pinwheel with such accuracy is so mathematically improbable as to be functionally impossible. The more likely answer is that Zander looked at the trajectory of the asteroid and saw that it came from roughly direction of Klendathu in a straight line, thereby vindicating human prejudices against the bugs.

The bugs didn't throw the meteor at earth. Nothing that we are told about them or shown about them suggests that they use WMDs. We're told that they shoot their spores into space to colonize new planets, in which case if they wanted to attack earth they could have just launched invasion spores. Everything else about the arachnids is purely defensive.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
It doesn’t matter if the Arachnids shot a plasma bolt into an asteroid field to push a rock into South America (they did). It’s whether the Federation let the rock hit on purpose.

And why are Mormons the most space faring religion? Starship Troopers, the Expanse, and the OG Battlestar Galactica (Greek mythology but created by Mormons and meant to represent their flight).

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Krispy Wafer posted:

It doesn’t matter if the Arachnids shot a plasma bolt into an asteroid field to push a rock into South America (they did). It’s whether the Federation let the rock hit on purpose.

And why are Mormons the most space faring religion? Starship Troopers, the Expanse, and the OG Battlestar Galactica (Greek mythology but created by Mormons and meant to represent their flight).

well mormons do believe that when you die you get your own super special planet in heaven

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I loving love Starship Troopers

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There is no way the bugs could have hit the earth with that level of precision. They're smart, but they're not that smart. If the bugs had a way to hit the earth why would they settle for a slow moving asteroid? Space is very very big.

But the federation absolutely did let the earth get hit. They had lunar defense cannons well before the asteroid hit, you can see them in the film when Carmen gets assigned to Roger Young.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Krispy Wafer posted:

For all their faults, Mormons are one of the best religious groups when it comes to long-term planning. If they pivoted their vast wealth into technology instead of a weird obsession with geneology, they could make great strides.

Granted, they are concerned with the impact their actions will have on their grandchildren but they are usually only interested in protecting other Mormons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Mormons were another scapegoat for the Federation. It's something to note that the Mormon colony shown at the start of the film looked suspiciously like the military installation we later see on Planet P.