Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
1E TAPs, Y-Wings, Fang Fighters and a few other ships are 50% off at B&N.com

I'm definitely considering picking up a couple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
B&n also has Decimator and hero’s of the resistance for $10, lambda and yt2400 are listed at $7.50. ordered one of each.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Jxforema posted:

B&n also has Decimator and hero’s of the resistance for $10, lambda and yt2400 are listed at $7.50. ordered one of each.

:australia:

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Jxforema posted:

All of them have been out of stock near me ever since the discounts have been mentioned a week ago. I just need a deci and lambda :smith:

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Will getting the conversion kit give me all the pilots for my ships or does it just give basic stuff? I'm worried I'm going to have to rebuy ships to get all my pilots back.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Travic posted:

Will getting the conversion kit give me all the pilots for my ships or does it just give basic stuff? I'm worried I'm going to have to rebuy ships to get all my pilots back.

Not every pilot from 1e is in the conversion kit but the ones that are missing aren't currently in any of the new packs, that I know of. This may change in future releases. There may be a couple in the Core Set that aren't in the Conversion but you kinda need a Core anyway.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Not every pilot from 1e is in the conversion kit but the ones that are missing aren't currently in any of the new packs, that I know of. This may change in future releases. There may be a couple in the Core Set that aren't in the Conversion but you kinda need a Core anyway.

Ok. It seems like they're doing things in a pretty ok way for veteran players. I'm just worried its going to be "[Pilot X] is not in the conversion kit or Core set. To get him/her you have to rebuy the ship when we release it later."

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Going into 2.0 are the bomb/mine markers and the tournament legal rocks the same?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Travic posted:

Ok. It seems like they're doing things in a pretty ok way for veteran players. I'm just worried its going to be "[Pilot X] is not in the conversion kit or Core set. To get him/her you have to rebuy the ship when we release it later."

Given that they're a for-profit company attempting to make money, I'd say they've done very well by us existing players in transitioning to 2e. Yes, you will likely have to buy more stuff in the future to completely make use of your plastic ships, and that's fine. Especially if they actually do put out cardboard-only wave upgrade kits along side the full-on ship re-releases.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I haven't played in a year, but plan to get back in 2.0. Can I get away with just a conversion kit, or are there alot of changes to where I need the rulebook in the core? I don't care about cards, I printed everything I needed in 1.0.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

LanceKing2200 posted:

Going into 2.0 are the bomb/mine markers and the tournament legal rocks the same?

Yes, they're the same tokens.

Sneaky Homunculus
May 19, 2008

Travic posted:

I am worried about rebuying, as well. I was surprised that the new Firespray and Fang Fighter pilots are including in a little baggie in the Scum conversion kit, so you won't have to rebuy for Wave 1, at least.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Slandible posted:

I haven't played in a year, but plan to get back in 2.0. Can I get away with just a conversion kit, or are there alot of changes to where I need the rulebook in the core? I don't care about cards, I printed everything I needed in 1.0.

The only thing you need from the core are the damage deck and the new templates(assuming you dont buy a 3rd party made set). Find someone who has a spare deck and doesn't need their templates and you can skip it.
Also the rulebook is online you can just print it whenever.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Forgot about damage decks. What changed on the templates? I've got two acrylic sets from last, are they unusable now?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Slandible posted:

Forgot about damage decks. What changed on the templates? I've got two acrylic sets from last, are they unusable now?

The new templates have lines through the middle that help with barrel rolls and bumps, but I think 1e templates will still be viable.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Travic posted:

The current expectation is that each old ship until all the old ships are rereleased WILL include new pilots (and maybe upgrades) not in the conversion kits - but that there will be some way to get the new pilots (and maybe upgrades) without re-buying models.

We don't yet know what form that will take.

Obviously anything that's only been released in 2e is not converted; Lando's Falcon right now.

Slandible posted:

You need the centre lines to line up tallon rolls and barrel rolls, so on the 1 straight, 2 straight, 1 banks (for starvipers), 2 turns, 3 turns, etc etc - it's easier to have them all marked.

Most of the big acrylic vendors are offering some kind of upgrade service. I got mine done by Cog O'Two, who made them. I just have little half-centimetre lines on the ends, but they do a full line option too - which I thought I'd ordered, but I may have derped.

I'm gonna keep the cardboard in my tourney kit, and my template set has an extra 1 and 2 straight which I've marked fully myself with calipers and a plastic scriber.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

A kind soul on Reddit posted a printable template upgrade sheet. Can print them as stickers, or just on paper and trace them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/9eh1g0/convert_10_templates_to_20/

I've asked the creator if he can print them solid instead of the nebula background, so check the comments to see if other designs pop up.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Or you can be an acrylic crackwhore like me and just buy a new set.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Raged posted:

Or you can be an acrylic crackwhore like me and just buy a new set.

I'm seriously considering this.

Does anyone have an extra Interceptor they'd be willing to send me for a reasonable $$ amount?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Does Saw's Renegades come with a medium base for the U-Wing?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Some Numbers posted:

Does Saw's Renegades come with a medium base for the U-Wing?

Yes

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Hi everyone. Is it worth getting the old edition starter (the one with the blue x-wing) at -50% off? I won't be playing any tournaments at all, just very casual dice rolling with friends. How much mileage would I get out of a starter pack?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Assuming youre playing 1.0 its a good deal. 3 ships for $20. If youre going into 2.0 you wont be able to use those ships for a while.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Terminally Bored posted:

Hi everyone. Is it worth getting the old edition starter (the one with the blue x-wing) at -50% off? I won't be playing any tournaments at all, just very casual dice rolling with friends. How much mileage would I get out of a starter pack?

Very little. The game is really nto very good with just the starter set; you get a maximum of maybe 40 points per faction, and that's really not enough to do more than a couple of games with without getting bored.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

At how many points does it get really interesting? How many ships?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Terminally Bored posted:

At how many points does it get really interesting? How many ships?

100 points is standard play (200, in second ed, as they doubled all the point values). As many ships as you find interesting, a list can have anywhere between 2 and 8 total.

But if you;re investing that much, you might as well get second ed, for a game that's actually being supported.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Thanks a lot! I think I'll just get the 2nd Ed then

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

thespaceinvader posted:

The current expectation is that each old ship until all the old ships are rereleased WILL include new pilots (and maybe upgrades) not in the conversion kits - but that there will be some way to get the new pilots (and maybe upgrades) without re-buying models.

We don't yet know what form that will take.

Obviously anything that's only been released in 2e is not converted; Lando's Falcon right now.

That sounds fine. I want to support them to keep them in business, I just don't want to have to replace my entire fleet to run good lists.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
There's a dude locally who wants to get into the game, wants to play Scum, and doesn't want to buy a conversion kit and a used lot. He wants to only buy new models as they're released.
I have to say, between the Fang fighter, Firespray, and Lando's Falcon you can build a few pretty good lists.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

So uh...how about that app getting released, FFG? Are they waiting till Thursday?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So uh...how about that app getting released, FFG? Are they waiting till Thursday?

More than likely.

canyoneer posted:

There's a dude locally who wants to get into the game, wants to play Scum, and doesn't want to buy a conversion kit and a used lot. He wants to only buy new models as they're released.
I have to say, between the Fang fighter, Firespray, and Lando's Falcon you can build a few pretty good lists.

Lando's Falcon is STUUUUUUUPID cheap. It's unrealiable as much of its offence comes from rocks, but it's crazy cheap.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I assume they won't release the apps until release day or maybe release day eve.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is the new old Falcon Scum only, or does it have Rebel stuff also?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Lando's Falcon is STUUUUUUUPID cheap. It's unrealiable as much of its offence comes from rocks, but it's crazy cheap.

I kinda want to run four of them in a list, just to see how it feels. That's a lot of HP, a reasonable number of dice, and a lot of blocking power. I imagine it would play similarly to the four jumpmaster list that popped up at the end of first edition. Just jam everything up and squeeeeeeze.

You'd have points left for assorted crew and gunners, too. Beckett to make sure you have a favorable rock setup, 0-0-0 for one, Han gunner for another, maybe a rigged cargo chute...

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum%2...20Squadron&obs=

With the Falcon's dial and four large bases, you should be able to easily rotate out the wounded ones and keep things jammed up pretty good.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Lando's Falcon is scum only.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

I kinda want to run four of them in a list, just to see how it feels. That's a lot of HP, a reasonable number of dice, and a lot of blocking power. I imagine it would play similarly to the four jumpmaster list that popped up at the end of first edition. Just jam everything up and squeeeeeeze.

You'd have points left for assorted crew and gunners, too. Beckett to make sure you have a favorable rock setup, 0-0-0 for one, Han gunner for another, maybe a rigged cargo chute...

With the Falcon's dial and four large bases, you should be able to easily rotate out the wounded ones and keep things jammed up pretty good.

It's like the 4x bumpmasters :allears:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

ConfusedUs posted:

I have no idea why that ship costs less than the jumpmaster but here we are.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It has two non-faction-locked upgrades; Composure and Agile Gunner. Composure is great on anything that likes locks, and anything that likes Jam or Coordinate. Agile Gunner is pretty meh, it's 2.5 times more than it was in 1st and it was questionable then.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Panzeh posted:

I have no idea why that ship costs less than the jumpmaster but here we are.

Neither do I.

I feel the JM5k is overcosted in second edition, though. Not a lot, but a little.

Except Dengar, who might actually be too cheap. Everyone likes to poo poo on the JM5k, and it's justified for the other pilots, but Dengar? He's Real Good.

For 78 points you get a 9hp ship with 3 attack dice that can attack twice per round (Dengar, Fearless, Title, R3 Astromech) with locks for both shots (if you're willing to split your fire) with the first shot at Initiative 6. At range 1 he's got passive mods (Fearless) and 4 dice.

The closest comparison would be two baby Kirhaxzes at 40 points each. They'd have similar firepower and only one more HP, combined.

With the right partner (looking at you, L3-37), Dengar can go in double modded or keep a focus for defense or whatever.

I've been cleaning up on TTS with Boba + Dengar + L337.
https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum%2...BobaDengar&obs=

Against 4+ ships, you lead with Boba and aim to get him at Range 1 on first round of combat. Against anything else you lead with Dengar.

Use L337's coordinate to buff the ship in the most danger (a coordinated reinforce is godly on Boba). Then have it get out and shove the other down their throat.

If Boba leads and gets into R1, he takes average 1 damage per incoming attack. Dengar suffers significantly more damage per shot unless he's at range 3 (which is why you don't lead with him against swarms), but trades more dearly than Boba for those HP (and is cheaper to boot).

And if they shoot L337...lol. You just win. L3 is your Biggs.

Just fly Dengar like any other arced ship. Never, ever rotate his arc unless he's guaranteed to die and there's absolutely no way to get his front arc on target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Scimitar Squadron Pilot (28)
Barrage Rockets (6)

Barrage Rockets (6)

Barrage Rockets (6)

Captain Jonus (36)
Saturation Salvo (6)
Barrage Rockets (6)

Cutlass Squadron Pilot (36)
Trajectory Simulator (3)
Concussion Missiles (6)
Proton Bombs (5)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I echo the sentiment that Scimitars with Barrage Rockets appear to be tier 1 jousters. I like the idea of Jonus getting free rerolls for himself and his buds and forcing (nearly free) rerolls on defender dice with Saturation Salvo. I don't know how much I like that punisher though. I like the idea of Traj Sim with proton bombs for swarm insurance, and I also like the idea of exposing cards with Concussion Missiles.