Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Just lol if you aren't running hail Mary every play in blitz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

iospace posted:

Just lol if you aren't running hail Mary every play in blitz

Spoken like someone who beat the computer a lot

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Vengarr posted:

How come you never see the linebacker try to jam the running back in this kind of hell-coverage situation? You know you can't run with him, so charge in and plant him on his rear end. Linebackers are plenty good at that.

It might work sometimes but the worry would be that the linebacker would get beat clean by the quicker running back at the line. Even if that doesn't happen the longer the play goes on, the weaker that kind of coverage would get. Also by playing off the defender keeps the offense in front of him and can react more quickly to the receiver and the quarterback.

At the same time, at this part of the field and with the consistent pressure they were getting, you'd think that a bit of harassment by the linebacker to slow everything down and prevent the quarterback from getting rid of the ball quickly might be a good thing. At the end of the day that off coverage playcalling worked extremely well in the red zone because of the uncreative playcalling you all were talking about

RoastBeef posted:

The attendance yesterday was 69696 according to fox.

nice

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RoastBeef posted:

The attendance yesterday was 69696 according to fox.

Nice nice ni

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

On three of the five red zone plays at the end of the game last night, the falcons ran da bomb flip

https://twitter.com/jumosq/status/1038104718977814528?s=21

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Barudak posted:

Nice nice ni

This made me laugh

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

:shrug:
I'm glad the Seahawks fell apart.
Pete Carroll is way too milquetoast, and the Seahawks defensive players were the other extreme of just being assholes.
The only thing missing was a ghost hand writing "mene, mene, tekel, upharsin" which translates directly to "the seattle seahawks are doomed."

quote:

The quarterback threw five interceptions against a defense that finished 31st in passing yards allowed that season, and Sherman, a member of the unofficial player leadership huddle of which Wilson was not a part, proposed confronting Wilson in a private setting to ask what the issue was, as they'd routinely do with other players when performance dipped. “That was a common thing to do, because often it was some outside factor affecting guys, family stuff, and you’d work through that,” one former player says. But Bennett took issue, reminding Sherman that they only had one quarterback. The confrontation escalated to the point where the two needed to be separated. Toward the end of that ’16 season, Sherman’s complaints became louder and more public, and they clearly dated back to what had happened in the Super Bowl defeat. In private, what he said was even worse.

Here is the stupidest part: Russell Wilson is a really good QB.
Like imagine if it came out that the 2000 Ravens were planning on sacrificing Trent Dilfer to Cthulhu at one point, I mean yeah it would still be bad for team chemistry, but a pretty good case can be made.

So for the Seahawks the QB has a one really lovely game and players on the defense are ready to confront and possibly shank him in a dark alley.

The head coach the minute he got wind of this should have called a meeting with the defensive players, the DC, the OC, and found a sound-proof room.
"I'm sorry...what in THE gently caress do you guys think your job is? There seems to be a misunderstanding. You guys think you are coaches. I'm actually the coach. I hold the players accountable. I'm the one who disciplines players. Not you. And especially not on the offensive side of the ball. The only one who needs to talk to someone about performance is me and the rest of the coaching staff. No disrespect but if you pull some poo poo like this again your rear end is sitting until you know who I am."

instead Pete is a chicken and is the reason all this is going on to begin with.
There's nothing wrong with "players coaches" either. Pete Carroll is a great study in how that coaching style can go horribly wrong, just like Greg Schiano is for the disciplinarian.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

pasaluki posted:

:shrug:
I'm glad the Seahawks fell apart.
Pete Carroll is way too milquetoast, and the Seahawks defensive players were the other extreme of just being assholes.
The only thing missing was a ghost hand writing "mene, mene, tekel, upharsin" which translates directly to "the seattle seahawks are doomed."

Here is the stupidest part: Russell Wilson is a really good QB.
Like imagine if it came out that the 2000 Ravens were planning on sacrificing Trent Dilfer to Cthulhu at one point, I mean yeah it would still be bad for team chemistry, but a pretty good case can be made.

So for the Seahawks the QB has a one really lovely game and players on the defense are ready to confront and possibly shank him in a dark alley.

The head coach the minute he got wind of this should have called a meeting with the defensive players, the DC, the OC, and found a sound-proof room.
"I'm sorry...what in THE gently caress do you guys think your job is? There seems to be a misunderstanding. You guys think you are coaches. I'm actually the coach. I hold the players accountable. I'm the one who disciplines players. Not you. And especially not on the offensive side of the ball. The only one who needs to talk to someone about performance is me and the rest of the coaching staff. No disrespect but if you pull some poo poo like this again your rear end is sitting until you know who I am."

instead Pete is a chicken and is the reason all this is going on to begin with.
There's nothing wrong with "players coaches" either. Pete Carroll is a great study in how that coaching style can go horribly wrong, just like Greg Schiano is for the disciplinarian.

You're no fancy rear end ho.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
neither are you

E: what ever happened to him? He hasnt posted for years...ironically it was after the last time Atlanta scored a meaningful TD in the redzone.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 8, 2018

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Violating personal confidance in the workplace can and should put you on the poo poo list.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Eifert Posting posted:

Violating personal confidance in the workplace can and should put you on the poo poo list.

That's just a nice way of saying "Snitches get stitches".

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Yes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine being the one person on earth surprised Russell loving Wilson wound up being a snitch

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I know everybody hates Colin Kaepernick these days, but goddam watching Matt Ryan act like a stone statue in the pocket makes me weep.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Vengarr posted:

How come you never see the linebacker try to jam the running back in this kind of hell-coverage situation? You know you can't run with him, so charge in and plant him on his rear end. Linebackers are plenty good at that.

The running back doesn't have to line up on the line and they are supposedly good at running away from linebackers. You can't tackle them.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/status/1037910641103790082

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pasaluki posted:

I don't understand where people are getting this impression at all -- my understanding is that the defense wanted to treat Wilson the same way they'd treat any other member of the team, not that they were planning on a public flogging session. Carroll interfered and prevented them from criticizing him at all, so what would have been criticism and trash talk got bottled up and boiled over into actual resentment.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

pasaluki posted:

neither are you

E: what ever happened to him? He hasnt posted for years...ironically it was after the last time Atlanta scored a meaningful TD in the redzone.

He still posts in D&D but changed his name.

He was a big organizer of goons to canvass in the VA Governor's election last year.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't understand where people are getting this impression at all -- my understanding is that the defense wanted to treat Wilson the same way they'd treat any other member of the team, not that they were planning on a public flogging session. Carroll interfered and prevented them from criticizing him at all, so what would have been criticism and trash talk got bottled up and boiled over into actual resentment.

If your team feels the need to trash talk your own franchise QB (including hitting him with a football over a practice interception), then you’ve got bigger issues in that locker room.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eagles-ref-assessed-penalty-them-103925199.html

Eagles are asking for explanation after refs don't know which team the penalty was on.

That crew was pretty awful.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Bills already negotiating with their choice for the #1 pick in the 2019 draft.

TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze

TBC fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 9, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So like I said before, Nathan Peterman is the 2018 Jeff Tuel

TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze
sorry wrong thread

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The juggernaut matchup of the "Colts" and "the" Bengals was another good one that you can always count on, just like the Ring® Video Doorbell™. These two teams meeting once again in the AFC Championship Game is something to look forward to for all NFL Football fans.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Jags defense going to destroy itself with penalties

Offense going to destroy itself with no-Fournette

woooooooo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Vintage Giants performance, couldn't be more proud of the boys

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

xeria posted:

Jags defense going to destroy itself with penalties

Offense going to destroy itself with no-Fournette

woooooooo

Truly you have become Seahawks South

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I would rather have Ryan Lindley as my QB. Peterman literally has worse stats than Ryan loving Lindley.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Both teams had a bunch of unforced errors, but the Patriots overcame them better then the Texans did.

Brady is so loving good still, he's gonna play forever

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
so did san francisco give 74 million guaranteed to the new-age matt cassel

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Kalli posted:

Both teams had a bunch of unforced errors, but the Patriots overcame them better then the Texans did.

Brady is so loving good still, he's gonna play forever

Pretty sure he has a cyborg body ready for his consciousness to transfer into when the voodoo poo poo he's using to keep himself healthy stops working.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Not an awful showing against a really good opponent, but yeah, in case anyone had any doubts about it, the 49ers still have a long way to go until they’re actually a good team again.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
BUCS BITCH

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

I am v proud of you and your american football team

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

This cannot be stressed enough.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Saquon Barkley is magic and I won't hear slander against him

the Giants looked good in spots today, there was plenty to like about the defensive performance, and I think the offense will look better against not the best defense in the league

fire Ereck Flowers out of a cannon tho

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Its Rinaldo posted:

Truly you have become Seahawks South

At least probably no one's ever going to accuse Bort of being a goodie-goodie or tattle-tale

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

*clears throat* fitzmagic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bills are profoundly bad at every position except RB and safety

Allen looked dece in his limited time tho

4-12 incoming

• Locked thread