Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Let's boo the winning team, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Dear Steve Sarkisian,

You make me vomit. You are scum between my toes

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

listen, atlanta is a soccer town first and foremost

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Remember when the Falcons had one of the best offenses of all time?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FizFashizzle posted:

listen, atlanta is a soccer town first and foremost

Thank you.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Brilliant coaching!

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
has anyone said fat ryan yet

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That was pretty rough to watch.

I like madden cam, green zone is dumb but mostly ignorable.

Horrific number of penalties, mostly deserved, the awful hitting QB with weight rule is a sad joke.

Matt Ryan had a terrible game throwing the ball, I hope it comes out he was hurt on that hit that whacked his brace early in the game, because almost all of his passes were bad floaters after that.

Foles was somehow worse, but that's way less surprising.

Falcons had 3 drives die in the red zone without scoring any points. That was just shameful.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Man remember early in the season when the Eagles didn't use Ajayi

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles win, water wet.

Foles looked like trash garbage, Ertz has stone hands now, Wallace couldn’t produce because Foles kept putting the ball in the wrong place for him when he was a step up, ST were pathetic.

Good notes were the pass rush and CB play, the run game as a whole, and ballsy play calling. Oh and red zone defense was quite stout.

Lol Ryan, Lol Falcons pass rush.

Onwards and upwards. Next two weeks we get Tampa and Indy. Foles is lucky he won’t be asked to win tough games because from the look of it he sure loving couldn’t.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1037920735719837697

That game was hilarious

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
We call that "Faily Faily". It's when we drive down to the goal like then fail miserably.

Sark...please die.

gg Eagles goons. Flags made it rough, along with injuries, but good win.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
That might go down as one of the worst season openers since like, Minny-NO in 2010. It was upsetting to watch.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

Horrific number of penalties, mostly deserved, the awful hitting QB with weight rule is a sad joke.

Matt Ryan had a terrible game throwing the ball, I hope it comes out he was hurt on that hit that whacked his brace early in the game, because almost all of his passes were bad floaters after that.

Falcons had 3 drives die in the red zone without scoring any points. That was just shameful.

The Madden cam would be great if it didn't bobble and once you notice that it's bobbling it makes you feel sick. I haven't liked the standard side camera for a while though, I don't really get why they don't film from the opposite end zone so you can see everyone on the field and you can actually perceive the gaps between players.

I predicted this game was going to be ugly but I honestly didn't expect anything like that

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So Sproles has a lot left in the tank I guess? drat

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I turned it off at halftime because I was so bored and my wife got mad at me, I guess she's a die-hard Eagles fan now?

Also I think the game still ended with more flags than points :lol:

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Kalli posted:

Typical Georgia style football. Dominate the stat sheet lose the game. Most talented chokers at any level. UGA and the Falcons are one in the same.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
matt ryan is a system quarterback

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He’s so loving strong though

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One thing that was nice was there were no helmet calls tonight.

Let’s hope this game isn’t a harbinger if what the 2018 season will be like.

It will

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also we got a clipping call!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

weird Asian candy posted:

We call that "Faily Faily". It's when we drive down to the goal like then fail miserably.

Sark...please die.

gg Eagles goons. Flags made it rough, along with injuries, but good win.

GG as well. That was a weird as hell game and the penalties really messed up the flow. There was an honest-to-god clipping penalty. CLIPPING

I wonder too if Matt Ryan's brace getting hosed up caused issues. Then again his line was giving him 0 protection at the end and while our pass rush is good it's not "a guy's hand is in your face a second after the snap" good. Maybe the heat tired them out?

One of these days ATL is gonna get the ball in our red zone at the end of a game and connect, it's insane they had the ball inside the 15 3 times tonight and couldn't score a single TD off it.

Play posted:

The Madden cam would be great if it didn't bobble and once you notice that it's bobbling it makes you feel sick. I haven't liked the standard side camera for a while though, I don't really get why they don't film from the opposite end zone so you can see everyone on the field and you can actually perceive the gaps between players.

I predicted this game was going to be ugly but I honestly didn't expect anything like that

Oh I forgot about MaddenCam(tm). That poo poo sucked and I'm still convinced it's why they called that one Julio catch not a catch since you couldn't see jackshit from the angle they had.

axeil fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 7, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

I didn't notice the floaty stuff earlier (not saying it wasn't happening, it just didn't jump out at me), but I thought he looked distinctly off before that happened.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Sproles is immortal.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

C-Euro posted:

I turned it off at halftime because I was so bored and my wife got mad at me, I guess she's a die-hard Eagles fan now?

Also I think the game still ended with more flags than points :lol:

30 points, 26 flags.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Julio Jones is bullshit and the entire Falcons offense

That was an awful game, no one got any preseason reps at all, :flag: x 100, Eagles win motherfuckers

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Is Wentz the new Andrew Luck? Read my latest take over at barstoolsports.com

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
I had to listen to the last 2 minutes at the store before it closed.

Tense as gently caress ending, trashy most the game but hopefully some of the good plays were the rust coming off. I'll take a win here as neither team really deserved it.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I have to work 11-7:30 Sunday, which means this is the only football I'll get to watch until Sunday night.
This garbage game is what I have to carry with me. The Bills will lose by 10+ points.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1037926808279121920?s=21

Goddamn

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
They should really fire sarkisian. Falcons held back by the oc, eagles held back by the qb. If this is the cream of the nfc I can't wait for ring 6

Play
Apr 25, 2006

You'd think they would've learned.

Phobeste posted:

They should really fire sarkisian. Falcons held back by the oc, eagles held back by the qb. If this is the cream of the nfc I can't wait for ring 6

lol gettin a BIT ahead of yourself my friend

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1037905627039838208

:vince:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Play posted:

You'd think they would've learned.

lol gettin a BIT ahead of yourself my friend

I mean the rest of the afc is a bunch of perennial playoff losers so who’s gonna stop us? Can’t wait for the hyped up Steelers to lose to rolls dice the Texans and hand us the conference

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Phobeste posted:

I mean the rest of the afc is a bunch of perennial playoff losers so who’s gonna stop us? Can’t wait for the hyped up Steelers to lose to rolls dice the Texans and hand us the conference

A playoff loss isn't out the question but I'll admit it's pretty smooth sailing until then

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo philly won me over with that play lol gently caress you NE

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Julio is loving washed.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

iospace posted:

Sproles is immortal.

Sproles and Frank Gore.

There can only be one

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Phobeste posted:

The Patriot's toughest game might be the Superbowl, but the toughest game of the NFC champion is going to be one of the games they play getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

indigi posted:

Julio is loving washed.

The gently caress are you talking about? dude had 170 receiving yards and should've had well over 200 and a TD if Ryan could throw.

• Locked thread