Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

That'll never happen, for the same reason she is the one main Cheers character who never guested on Frasier: Scientology hates psychiatry.

Supposedly she didn’t show up because Frasier and Rebecca never really interacted even though they once nearly hooked up and she auditioned to play one of Frasier’s girlfriends but the producers thought it would be too weird

Second to last episode of cheers and Rebecca never caught a break :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Whoa ok she’s getting a break with Tom Berenger but we all know how that ends

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Did we ever discuss this article about why Frasier is the best show to fall asleep to?

http://theweek.com/articles/709272/why-frasier-best-show-sleep

The author is definitely a real fan who has actual knowledge of the show. They hate the Greek episode!

I found the article resonant because I got into Frasier by watching late night reruns on the 12 inch antenna tv I had in my room when I was in high school in the early 2000's. Although the show was still going at that point, I'm not sure if I ever watched an episode as it aired. Just the midnight hour of reruns before sleep.

The intro music is why Frasier works so well for falling asleep. The music is key.

I say this because I've been trying to do the same with Star Trek The Next Generation.

It doesn't work. It's like 2 minutes of the loudest most over the top orchestral music I've ever heard. Played again at the end too. And the show is relatively quiet so it has to be turned up to hear anything.

First world problem af.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

But that engine thrum is so soothing...

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
It's been a while, but I think if you leave a TNG DVD on the menu, you get just the engine thrum and occasional LCARS beeps.

Be sure to have a good subwoofer. It helps.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Brawnfire posted:

But that engine thrum is so soothing...

This should last you for 24 hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPoqNeR3_UA

When in doubt, there's multiple versions on Youtube.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Ironically, the one TNG episode with Kelsey Grammer in it is one of the loudest eps in that series.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
A Frasier card game where you have to host the most successful dinner party is free for download online and didn't someone have this idea in the thread?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

A Frasier card game where you have to host the most successful dinner party is free for download online and didn't someone have this idea in the thread?

I need to put this into Tabletop Simulator.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

If Frasier Crane's Humongous rear end Contest isn't a card, then I want no part of it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
If you think about it, the xmen casting grammar as Beast was a perfect casting decision

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

If you think about it, the xmen casting grammar as Beast was a perfect casting decision

Wizard of The Coast would always have "if (blank comic series) was a movie".

They would always put Kelsey grammar up as Beast, even in the 90's.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Wizard of The Coast would always have "if (blank comic series) was a movie".

They would always put Kelsey grammar up as Beast, even in the 90's.

Pretty sure they had Patrick Stewart as Professor X too.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

You can tell Frasier was written by white men because Marty said his black friend's wife had a big fat rear end and the guy responded by not talking to him for 30 years.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Bluedeanie posted:

You can tell Frasier was written by white men because Marty said his black friend's wife had a big fat rear end and the guy responded by not talking to him for 30 years.

Or how Niles can't stop looking at Daphne's rear end despite the fact that there is essentially nothing there.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Someone please post that photo of Jane Leeves in an extremely 90s leotard, I couldn't find it on Google.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Foreskin Problems posted:

Someone please post that photo of Jane Leeves in an extremely 90s leotard, I couldn't find it on Google.

i don't know what filth you've been looking at that has termi-hosed your gis results i do not not know your life but what i assume you are looking for pops up as the top result for me personally

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cosmik Slop posted:

Or how Niles can't stop looking at Daphne's rear end despite the fact that there is essentially nothing there.

Yeah, Mel didn't have an rear end either. I guess Niles just has a type.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Solice Kirsk posted:

Whippet.png

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Solice Kirsk posted:

his father appreciated a big rear end and niles is just trying to appropriate without understanding

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Men like a little "oomph" in your walk-away!

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Foreskin Problems posted:

She still looks drat fine.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

lol but seriously I posted:

i don't know what filth you've been looking at that has termi-hosed your gis results i do not not know your life but what i assume you are looking for pops up as the top result for me personally

Hey, this is a safe space, don't kink-shame

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!
Vanity Fair did an oral history of "Frasier" with memories from the cast and creators:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/09/frasier-25th-anniversary-oral-history

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i love the 'frase'

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/1040120043940401152

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

I wish it was the 90s again.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I love how when creating the series they were playing with the idea of making Frasier’s brother an ex quarterback beer swilling handyman until one beautiful, intelligent saint spoke up and said no, the joke will be that Frasier’s the butch one

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Calaveron posted:

I love how when creating the series they were playing with the idea of making Frasier’s brother an ex quarterback beer swilling handyman until one beautiful, intelligent saint spoke up and said no, the joke will be that Frasier’s the butch one

And I thought Niles was created to be an analogue of Frasier's original portrayal on Cheers before his character development. It sounds like they folded that character into Martin instead.

Also reminded of the episode where Perry Cox shows up as the plumber who used to bully Niles.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also reminded of the episode where Perry Cox shows up as the plumber who used to bully Niles.

Frasier, much like original-recipe Law & Order, is packed with "hey, it's that person!" guest appearances.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
And the other plumber in that episode is the rear end in a top hat cop from Die Hard / Joey Tribbiani's dad from Friends.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And I thought Niles was created to be an analogue of Frasier's original portrayal on Cheers before his character development. It sounds like they folded that character into Martin instead.

gently caress, I just got round to watching 'The Staircase' on Netflix and all I could think about was Dr Cox.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoYAgKGnZ6U

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Currently watching the episode of Newsradio with guest star Bebe Neuwirth. Good show, good guest.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Also lots of Toby Huss and Tone Loc as the security guards. What a goddamn great episode.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Currently watching the episode of Newsradio with guest star Bebe Neuwirth. Good show, good guest.

I actually like Dave Foley and that show but goddamn he feels like a super weak lead to me.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Reminder for this page: Frasiers rl dad was murdered by a man named Niles

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Frasiers rl brother was sucked underwater while diving by a freak current... an Eddy if you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Frasiers rl mother was killed while watching a cartoon featuring Daphne duck