Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

speed racer's whitewashing is bad too, is the answer. that doesnt mean you arent allowed to like the speedracer movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
God the Speed Racer movie is just so loving good

It's just such a sugar rush and you can really tell how much the Wachowski sisters loved the original and wanted to recreate the feelings they got from it while also working to create an interesting narrative to tie everything together really well.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I haven't seen the movie and vaguely remember the cartoon, but I also don't remember Japanese-ness being central to Speed Racer in the same way that, say, a story about Motoko Kusanagi in Neo-Japan would

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

The Colonel posted:

you're probably not getting jsrf emulating on any kind of laptop because workable xbox emulation is such a recent thing

tbh i'm amazed to find out jsrf emulates now at all but at least the fact that xbox emulation is now actually developing might mean it might not be so inaccessible in the future i guess

You're probably right. I have an i5 with a 1050 so I can run anything that supposed to run on a pc, but people with i7's and 1070s can get it running at 60 and it just makes me wonder if I had spent more money if I could be understanding the concept of love right now

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Endorph posted:

speed racer's whitewashing is bad too, is the answer. that doesnt mean you arent allowed to like the speedracer movie.

Yeah but Speed Racer the series is a whitewashed adaptation of Mach gogogo while Speed Racer the movie is a faithful adaptation of Speed Racer the series. It's kinda like how you wouldn't hold it against any modern transformers show or movie that they aren't following the diaclone setting.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You're probably right. I have an i5 with a 1050 so I can run anything that supposed to run on a pc, but people with i7's and 1070s can get it running at 60 and it just makes me wonder if I had spent more money if I could be understanding the concept of love right now

The concept of love needs at least 120 fps

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah that one!

didn't they do this in twilight too

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it makes sense for alita at least, if someone built a girl robot for real they'd definitely give it big anime eyes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

it makes sense for alita at least, if someone built a girl robot for real they'd definitely give it big anime eyes

not if it ended up looking like that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Definitely not

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I'd give her Chun-Li's thighs tbh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GUI posted:

I'd give her Chun-Li's thighs tbh

Why not both?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Spider-Man is far more fun than a Sony-published superhero game has any right to be.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Spider-Man is far more fun than a Sony-published superhero game has any right to be.

Would have preferred that JapanStudio, of Knack and Everybody's Golf fame, developed it instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1PePr8hAsc

CHANGE LEOPARDON

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

bloodychill posted:

Sony have been killing it as a publisher since the PS4 launched.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Endorph posted:

they have personality, so they're edits.

Ah that's a shame to hear, oh well back to mobile games for now then.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

a bitchin jetski posted:

Sony have been killing it as a publisher since the PS4 launched.

Deus Ex :(

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Sony’s been killing it as a publisher forever. Having good dev relationships is what helped them recover after the PS3 launch stumble.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
That's Square.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/tFpQwST.gifv

Preloadin'. Maybe I'll get in a little Spider-man before Wednesday.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Heat Actions now in Shadow of the Tomb Raider?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I've been thinking heavily about buying Tomb Raider III (2018): 3rd times the charm but the leaked IGN german review says they cut down the combat which was the only remotely fun thing about 1 (and even then it was nothing impressive) and I don't trust the developers to have improved on the babbys first platforming which just like Uncharted is only there to pad out playtime. Some of the puzzles in 2 were decent though which was the only good thing about it, so who knows.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
One of the worst things HZD learned from Tomb Raider was the slowmo when she makes a long but easy jump thing

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I still can't get over how hard they leaned in the "Lara is a cold-blooded killer" bit

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samuringa posted:

I still can't get over how hard they leaned in the "Lara is a cold-blooded killer" bit

They can't have her shoot endangered animals anymore

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I liked that part in TRLegend where Lara makes a giant screen fall on a group of mercs and quips something like "maybe they'll read a book for once!" nuLara would probably make a dead inside comment about how it reminds her of her dad or something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My first thought on replaying Tomb Raider Legend a while ago was 'wow now I remember she used to have a sense of humour'.
Shame it turned out the gameplay was a lot jankier than I remembered. :(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Lara was cool, and old tomb raider was awesome.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like the gameplay of the new ones but I wish they'd get rid of grimdark Lara :/

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hopefully in this new game she can finally admit to herself that she loves murdering people

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I just hope we can finally see how she became The Tomb Raider

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

some rising was involved

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Saint Freak posted:

https://i.imgur.com/tFpQwST.gifv

Preloadin'. Maybe I'll get in a little Spider-man before Wednesday.

They added a photo mode in this one so I'm gonna take a million shots of Lara making winky faces at the camera while burying an ice pick into some merc's dome.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
if she doesn't use two guns in the new game burn this series to the loving ground

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

if she doesn't use two guns in the new game burn this series to the loving ground

quote:

Lara Croft’s signature look, prior to the reboot trilogy, had her prominently flaunting dual pistols. In the reboot and its sequel, however, she has been seen with a bow. With Shadow of the Tomb Raider expected to cap off the trilogy, many have wondered if this game will depict the transition of the new Lara to the old one, with her taking o the dual pistols at some point or the other in this game.

Well, that won’t be happening in this game, at the very least. Speaking to the Official Xbox Magazine, Tomb Raider director Dan Bisson has shot down the possibility of that happening within this trilogy.

“No. I don’t want that,” he said. “For us this is her defining moment. We’re not going to put her in shorts with double-pistols, wearing a bikini — that’s not what this is. […] It’s because the twin pistols have an iconic thing about them. For this trilogy – not saying anything about later on, I don’t know about the future titles – but for this trilogy, the bow is still her signature weapon.”

He does seem to suggest that that moment may come in later games, but that also means that for fans who were hoping for it in this one, this news comes as disappointing. Unless he is explicitly lying because he wants the element of surprise maintained in this game.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider launches on September 14 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

a compromise: dual bows

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How many Tombs are Raided?

This is the important poo poo.

Also RE:Witcher - Cast whoever the gently caress you want, just don't make a poo poo series.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
After two games of raiding tombs there can't be all that many left tbh

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does Lara shoot dinosaurs in the new Tomb Raider? If not I hope she does that again soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I cannot wait for Tomb 4, where Lara Croft finally becomes the Tomb Raider she was always meant to be

• Locked thread