Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

:stoked:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Shifty Nipples posted:

I've got one of those around my house somewhere, not a chickadee but a bird who's song in the wee hours of the morning grates on my brain like nails on a chalkboard.

:stoked:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'm glad to hear that. I'm finishing up Luke Cage s2 now, and the Power Man and Iron Fist: Heroes for Hire aesthetic is awesome.

The Netflix version of Iron Fist is kind of weak on his own but somehow really shines as a sidekick for Luke Cage.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

There's a lot going on here.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Also Im watching a show called Dark Matter and its actually kind of good (at least halfway into season 2).

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

this morning there was a young pigeon sitting on the railing directly next to my front door. it stared at me as I walked up and kept staring as i passed within 8 inches of it and continued staring until i closed the door behind me

it felt like some kind of message
friendship

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

generally i expect my friends not to poo poo all over my front stoop

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

generally i expect my friends not to poo poo all over my front stoop

Your friends sound dreadfully boring tbh

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i met some piiis yesterday

they were about the size of my thumb, had melodic little voices, and after a feed they would stand on their head so their anus was pointing straight up in the air and poo vertically with impressive force so that it arced gracefully up and out of the nest. i had no idea cup-nesting birds do this but apparently most of them do and it is magnificent, it really brought home to me the glory and power of the lord

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

this morning there was a young pigeon sitting on the railing directly next to my front door. it stared at me as I walked up and kept staring as i passed within 8 inches of it and continued staring until i closed the door behind me

it felt like some kind of message

it means the pigeons no longer fear you, you are emasculated. the swolest pigeon is gonna steal your wife from you.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

it means the pigeons no longer fear you, you are emasculated. the swolest pigeon is gonna steal your wife from you.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Jurassic Park never really touched on the idea of nesting dinosaur babies taking ballistic shits

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

the raccoons have already run off with her

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

paranoid randroid posted:

this summer.... one man must save america

*generic tom clancy protagonist busts through door* "mister president, that isnt your daughter! its a nuke bomb!"

*generic tom clancy president looks at nuclear warhead with a happy face drawn on it* "that's ridiculous, right samantha?"

Mitch Dinglish is Spib Frackley in Tom Clancy's Jesus Christ Ever Since the Cold War Ended All Our Geopolitical Foes Have Been Dudes with 30 Year Old Kalashnikovs and a Pickup Truck so We Have to Keep Coming Up with the Most Asinine Plots to Justify this Bullshit

what's funny is there's never been a better time to have made Jack Ryan a thriller about Russians but instead we get some low rent 24 about a sheik who has the power to rally both Sunni AND Shia

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Berke Negri posted:

what's funny is there's never been a better time to have made Jack Ryan a thriller about Russians but instead we get some low rent 24 about a sheik who has the power to rally both Sunni AND Shia

If you think about the type of person who likes Jack Ryan it's actually the worst time to make one about Russia.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

paranoid randroid posted:

Jurassic Park never really touched on the idea of nesting dinosaur babies taking ballistic shits
it seems to be that either chicks turn upside down and catapult poop out of the nest or the parent birds eat it, both are touching and beautiful miracles of life

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

where

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Spanish Synagogue in Prague I think

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

A second myth, far more eagerly believed, told of the existence (Jacqueline Simpson and Jennifer Westwood record) “of a mysterious, luck-bringing Queen Rat”:

This was a supernatural creature whose true appearance was that of a rat; she would follow the toshers about, invisibly, as they worked, and when she saw one that she fancied she would turn into a sexy-looking woman and accost him. If he gave her a night to remember, she would give him luck in his work; he would be sure to find plenty of money and valuables. He would not necessarily guess who she was, for though the Queen Rat did have certain peculiarities in her human form (her eyes reflected light like an animal’s, and she had claws on her toes), he probably would not notice them while making love in some dark corner. But if he did suspect, and talked about her, his luck would change at once; he might well drown, or meet with some horrible accident.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
well, i'm going bald

gently caress you time

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

well, i'm going bald

gently caress you time

Embrace it. There's plenty of bald men out there to look up to. Just don't tatoo white power symbols to your dome though.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
My girlfriend found grey hairs on my head the other day but I haven’t been bothered to check for myself yet

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

well, i'm going bald

gently caress you time
lol

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

well, i'm going bald

gently caress you time

Don't do what YouTube tells you. Don't buy expensive chemicals to halt it, don't buy a fedora/trilby an go all in for the 1920s "traditional gentleman" fashion.

Just shave everything off and grow a beard.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
steer into the skid: grow a skullet

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

worst haircut i think i ever saw was a man selling suits at a dillards who was balding with a pony tail, but instead of just shaving the top of his head he had the like dozen or so strands of hair of where his hairline probably originally was at slicked back and collected into the pony tail

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

and by slicked i do mean slicked, those dozen or so strands were held in place with product giving the rest of his bald crown this aggressive sheen under the mall lights

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Berke Negri posted:

worst haircut i think i ever saw was a man selling suits at a dillards who was balding with a pony tail, but instead of just shaving the top of his head he had the like dozen or so strands of hair of where his hairline probably originally was at slicked back and collected into the pony tail

Berke Negri posted:

and by slicked i do mean slicked, those dozen or so strands were held in place with product giving the rest of his bald crown this aggressive sheen under the mall lights
aa

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
au service de la france, good show

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

Embrace it. There's plenty of bald men out there to look up to.

Yeah if you're bald and short.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

A local computer store had a guy who gelled the hair from the sides up and then 45 degrees back to cover his whole pate but then he'd sweat lugging the PCs from the basement and the gel would start melting and his hair would open up like unto the wings of a bird so people called him Asterix.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

im back at work after backpacking in the Olympic mountains in Washington state and this is real bad.

Avs we saw three bears but all the pictures came out terrible cause they were jerks sitting in shadows while having black fur or they ran away like cowards. my buddy might have a good one.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna lift the 350z and put bigger tires on it so I can drive it this winter. :black101:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

is it the big day tomorrow already

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
grow your hair out into a bodysuit like captain caveman

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Berke Negri posted:

:rip: viletat

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah, 45 years already.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
very bigly looking forward to the no doubt highly respectful tribute that our stable genius president will perform for the victims of nine-eleven, aka the worst atrocity to ever be committed on this planet. i am sure it will not turn into another farce like every other thing that he has done. maybe he will stare at the sun again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao