Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Sherman does this thing where he handles his business all game but the one literal catch he gives up gets GIF'd and meme'd to hell to prove he's Actually Bad. I'm glad Niners fans get to experience this sensation now.

Yeah for the most part nobody throws to him because, uh, Richard Sherman. He doesn't have top line speed and can be beat over the top, but outside of that you're gonna have a tough time beating his positioning and hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benne posted:

Sherman does this thing where he handles his business all game but the one literal catch he gives up gets GIF'd and meme'd to hell to prove he's Actually Bad. I'm glad Niners fans get to experience this sensation now.

There was also a replay of an incompletion where you could see that he was clearly holding Diggs with no call so it was the Full Richard Sherman Experience

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

There was also a replay of an incompletion where you could see that he was clearly holding Diggs with no call so it was the Full Richard Sherman Experience

Play to win the game :colbert:

and also maybe get some better receivers

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't really have much to say about the Seahawks other than the usual red flags -- bad O-line, Russ being weirdly tentative, Schotty's garbage schemes, undermanned secondary -- that we all saw coming. The Broncos' defense is still great, and obviously Von Miller was the best player on the field. And this is a bottom-5 WR unit without Baldwin, going up against a No Fly Zone that's alive and well. Just a lot of matchup problems we had little hope of overcoming.

Dropping a winnable road game in Week 1 sucks, but this is so obviously a transition year that I didn't get as angry as I normally would have. Whatevs.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Benne posted:

Dropping a winnable road game in Week 1 sucks, but this is so obviously a transition year that I didn't get as angry as I normally would have. Whatevs.

Same. Vikings may be the best team in the NFL this year, and the 49ers could have won that game multiple times if they didn't make boneheaded mistakes. I thought they'd need a year to gel as a team, and it turns out it's going to take them some time to gel.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Yep, :same:

Pretty much exactly what I posted in the aftermath thread. Nobody wins in Denver week 1, we didn't get dominated, and the team is fairly mediocre this year. Very much less frustrated than last year though, and the game was actually fun to watch which really should be goal #1.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/MattWaldman/status/1038953888022503426

Pettis is probably going to be that WR1 next year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Coldforge posted:

Same. Vikings may be the best team in the NFL this year, and the 49ers could have won that game multiple times if they didn't make boneheaded mistakes. I thought they'd need a year to gel as a team, and it turns out it's going to take them some time to gel.

There are going to be ~~~TAKES~~~ about Jimmy G this week, but the real problem is the Niners' skill-position depth being paper-thin, and I wonder how much of his playbook Kyle had to rip up when McKinnon went down. Also the defense is very much a work in progress, they had few answers for Cousins working with the best weapons of his career.

Small sample size and all (do we really have to disclaimer this poo poo every Week 1 year? It's just fun to have new data and tape to work with!), but these were teachable losses, and I'll be really fascinated to see where both the Niners and Seahawks stand when they play each other in December.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1038951662310834176

Good luck next week, Germain Ifedi and/or JR Sweezy!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So uhhhh is Fant halfway competent at RT? Ifedi is straight unplayable at this point.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
i can't get over how bad the cardinals looked. this is the new coach that's supposed to make things better? teh guy that seemed worse than wisenhunt who was far worse than arians? like lmao how do you not throw down field except a few times? how do oyu make bradford, who isn't good, look worse than lindley and max hall? jesus christ am i going to have to watch 16 games of this? is it possible a new coach gets fired less than a quarter of the way into the season?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Benne posted:

So uhhhh is Fant halfway competent at RT? Ifedi is straight unplayable at this point.

I think Janikowski is halfway competent at RT compared to Ifedi.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
like how do you make the seahawks, who looked like trash, look like a well run organization this week? how is that possible?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

born on a buy you posted:

i can't get over how bad the cardinals looked. this is the new coach that's supposed to make things better? teh guy that seemed worse than wisenhunt who was far worse than arians? like lmao how do you not throw down field except a few times? how do oyu make bradford, who isn't good, look worse than lindley and max hall? jesus christ am i going to have to watch 16 games of this? is it possible a new coach gets fired less than a quarter of the way into the season?

They may as well rip off the Band-Aid and start the Rosen era sooner than later. Nobody needs to watch Sam Bradford in 2018.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Benne posted:

last year it was funny because there was the guy that looked like richard sherman but with an obviously fake wig too that also sucked and seahawks fans got caught into defending him and sherman.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

“Obviously no one wants to start the season like this,” Bradford said. “We felt like we were in a much better position. We felt like we were going to come out here and play much better than we did.”

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Russell Wilson’s gonna die next week, isn’t he? :ohdear:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Bob Socko posted:

How much would that change him? I mean, he'd be less mobile, obviously, but his character and personality would be the same.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Coldforge posted:

How much would that change him? I mean, he'd be less mobile, obviously, but his character and personality would be the same.

Is a Replicant truly capable of change, or character, or personality? These are the pressing questions we face as a society.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Bob Socko posted:

Maybe.

The rest of the offensive line wasn’t good, but they were solidly below average against a great defense. Which is an unironic improvement from last year.

Ifedi at RT however, is comically bad. Like holy poo poo. Every play that Denver brought pressure on that side was a disaster.

I hope seattle can find, and do, another trade like they did for Duane Brown, but for RT.

The defense also had issues but all things considered, it was a decent game for Seattle. If they hadn’t missed the two field goals then they win. And our young secondary was making some moves.

Thoroughly unimpressed with the linebackers outside of Wagz. And the DL needs Jones back ASAP.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
NFC Best babey

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

NFC Best babey

Well gently caress, there goes week 2.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It’s darkest before dawn

Batman

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Rams are our only hope against the West starting off 0-4

We really are the Pac-12 of the NFL

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Benne posted:

Oh drat

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Benne posted:

Hey scuse me Cougs binch

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Benne posted:

The Seahawks might be a bad team fam

At least Michael Dickson is amazing. 59 yard average on 6 punts. :eyepop:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Benne posted:

Is a Replicant truly capable of change, or character, or personality? These are the pressing questions we face as a society.

You're in the backfield, scrambling around in the turf, when all of a sudden you look to your right...

-what one?

What?

-what stadium?

If doesn't make any difference what stadium, it's completely hypothetical.

-but how come I'd be there?

Maybe you're flushed out. Maybe you want to salvage the play. Who knows? You look right and you see a right tackle. Russ, he's being pushed toward you...

-right tackle? What's that?

You know what a screen door is?

-Of course!

Same thing.

-I've never seen a screen door... But I understand what you mean.

You spin left and the tackle falls onto his back, Russ.

-do you make these questions up, do they write them down for you?

The tackle lays on his back, his belly baking in the hot sun, beating his legs and trying to turn himself over. But he can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

-what do you mean I'm not helping?

I mean you're not helping! Why is that, Russ?
They're just questions, Russ. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response. Shall we continue?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Benne posted:

You're just jealous of the AFCN starting 2-0-2.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Finger Prince posted:

You're in the backfield, scrambling around in the turf, when all of a sudden you look to your right...

-what one?

What?

-what stadium?

Maybe you're flushed out. Maybe you want to salvage the play. Who knows? You look right and you see a right tackle. Russ, he's being pushed toward you...

-Of course!

Same thing.

The tackle lays on his back, his belly baking in the hot sun, beating his legs and trying to turn himself over. But he can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

They're just questions, Russ. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response. Shall we continue?

:vince:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Benne posted:

herm edwards

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

-what one?

What?

-what stadium?

-Of course!

Same thing.

Lol. I normally hate these references but this is loving brilliant

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Lmao at that

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Hm. Feeling a bit better about SEA@CHI now. Bet the under.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Yall deserve this for LWB/AAC/DFG

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Benne posted:

Yeah, we will be right back to NFC-Worst if they blow all their hype

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Finger Prince posted:

-what one?

What?

-what stadium?

-Of course!

Same thing.

:perfect:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

shirts and skins posted:

Hm. Feeling a bit better about SEA@CHI now. Bet the under.

Wilson still going to die. :(

e.martin
Jun 22, 2018

Coldforge posted:

Agreed. Niners were in it. They could have collapsed after all the mistakes but held it together and made a game out of it. Jimmy had his worst game as a starter but still had some great moments. He seams like he may be more of a Favre than a Brady. All in all they looked promising as opposed to previous years. It didnt look like they were completely out classed like in previous seasons against good teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Benne posted:

It’s strange to see blogs with their hot takes doing this exact thing. I’m glad he’s a niner though, I hated going against him and the rest of Seattle’s D.