Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
more like bitcoin crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
im a bcash bvert

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boxturret posted:

im a bcash bvert

...! posted:

:wrong:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ok im not actually a bcash bvert, i was just pretending

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I don't need to be insulted

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Kraps posted:

someone really needs to edit a ring into your avatar

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Boxturret posted:

i like where

cheatin on how, i see

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Kraps posted:

:wrong:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

cheatin on how, i see

their full name is how where when the third :colbert:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

hey guys lets compare our diversified investment portfolios

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Boxturret posted:

Hey guys my portfolio is now worth zero + zero + zero + zero + zero dollars

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'm investing in a diversified portfolio of penny stocks.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I'm diversifying my portfolio of people I still from to fund my crypto habit

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My goal is 420 OMG, 69 WTF, and 666 BBQ.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
if you're in Greece, I'm in today's paper edition of Kathimerini, p22: Cryptocurrencies: innovation or “bubble”? Not online yet, prob tomorrow

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
watch out for greek anarchists, i hear they sometimes break the NAP

...!
Oct 5, 2003

quote:

rattie_ok [score hidden] an hour ago

There can be no widespread crypto adoption without a new type of countries. Every single country and government in existence is part of a same cabal, and they are all synchronized in their endeavors. Yes, I do mean that North Korea is governed by the same people as Switzerland or France. Their "upper bosses" belong to the same group.

Therefore we need a legally independent state. A nation floating in LEO, or sea-steading on international waters, or situated on a land bought cheaply from another (failed) state.

Citizens of this new nation would need to renounce all their existing citizenships, to avoid extradition. Governance will be completely transparent. All officials would have to wear POV cams 24/7, and there would be no privacy for them. No secret meetings, no hidden agendas. Total democracy. Bitcoin and crypto coins would be only means of monetary exchange. Budget spending would also be completely transparent, thus there will be no corruption.

Without this, it doesn't matter where you live: Somalia, Silicon Valley, Mars, Vladivostok, Zürich, you're part of the same system. There is no escape.

Unless a completely new nation is created: where all men are created equal and independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent and inalienable, among which are the preservation of life and liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

divabot posted:

if you're in Greece, I'm in today's paper edition of Kathimerini, p22: Cryptocurrencies: innovation or “bubble”? Not online yet, prob tomorrow

so if i'm not in greece then you're not in today's paper edition of Kathimerini? :thunk:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Look at this traitor filth.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

gschmidl posted:

I still don't know the difference

I'm cryptoracist

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
one is the true vision of satoshi, the other is worthless garbage trash

which one is which? depends on who you ask!

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

ymgve posted:

one is the true vision of satoshi, the other is worthless garbage trash

which one is which? depends on who you ask!

you must ask the bitcoiner to speak the words "bitcoin cash" and if they pronounce these words correctly, let them pass, yet if they pronounce these incorrectly, you must slay them where they stand, for they are not the true bitcoiner

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
:gerard: lmao :gerard:

Wikipedia:Vital articles/Level/5/Society and social sciences

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What about bitcoin unlimited?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

gschmidl posted:

doesn’t that mean :gerard: is no longer a nocoiner if someone donates bitcoin or b’cash b’gosh?

maybe the cryptocurrency community should try to prove a point by donating

and the b’cash community should demonstrate its superiority through more donations, b’gosh

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Read it in Dale Gribble's voice.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

...! posted:

so if i'm not in greece then you're not in today's paper edition of Kathimerini? :thunk:

this is correctly :wrong:

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

:gerard:.txt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Good_article_reassessment/Bitcoin/1

quote:

I was the one who nominated this article. Can you show me or tell me where thr massive POV is? Sorry if there is any incorrectly spelled words as I am typing this on my Wii U.

quote:

If this is renominated again, it should be reviewed by an experienced reviewer. Not trying to disparage anyone, but the reviewer who did the review only had ~2,400 edits at the time.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

divabot posted:

this is correctly :wrong:

david "david :gerard:" gerard has lied to me

i'm not sure what to believe in this drat world anymore

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
What is :gerard: supposed to be? A stretched out duck?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Kraps posted:

an elongated musk.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

you can edit wikipedia on a Wii U?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Djeser posted:

I am typing this on my Wii U.

:trumppop:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Kraps posted:

:honked: but the exact max size for a smilie

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

I like how they almost acknowledge that none of it really matters because it's loving calvinball but then decide that some additional arbitrary numbers is all they really need

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they collect x amounts of these coins thinking that if they only jump up by 400% they can cash out and make tons of money but you just know that in the event that it does happen they'll keep holding and holding thinking that if 400% happened what's to stop 1000%? then they'll keep holding as it drops lower and lower because it hit 400% once, it surely should again, then hold hold hold until its less than what they bought in at, then once the sites and forums die and it gets desisted from all the exchanges they'll just move on to the next coin

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
so when Andreesen-Horowitz tries to invest you’ll forward the email to the thread and let goons write the response, right?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

my favorite part of all these is they always think you can just like, buy a country, like countries are just land devoid of anything but a government so if you get rid of that it's just yours to make up your own laws n' poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

ate all the Oreos posted:

my favorite part of all these is they always think you can just like, buy a country, like countries are just land devoid of anything but a government so if you get rid of that it's just yours to make up your own laws n' poo poo

and that this country would totally be respected by all other countries, and not instantly invaded and destroyed.

They see enough to understand that bitcoin can't magically supersede all institutions within a system controlled by those institutions, but they can't really grasp what a world outside of things like money and legal ownership (which depend on the structures they want to escape from) could possibly function.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 10, 2018

• Locked thread